Nanao MS9 Schematics?

zed7

n00b
I'm looking for some MS9 schematics (whichever revision) that're legible so I can troubleshoot some 60hz interference I have a bit easier. I've been struggling to find any legible schematics online, so I figured I can ask here. Thank you!

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Might be related but if this is an Egret 2 I've noticed a little wavyness in my picture with the original taito power supply. When I replaced with a aftermarket one I noticed it had qway worse diagonal line interference.

By default the taito power supply doesn't have field ground connected. Either did my aftermarket power supply. So what I did on my aftermarket one is connect it to the inside cabinet and the interference went away. Tl;dr basically stops excess voltage from running back and causing that diagonal line noise.

Is that the 60hz interference you are talking about?

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Installing an isolation transformer for the monitor should help with the interference noise. Like this:
That’ll stop the monitor’s power circuit from picking up ground noise from the PCB & cabinet power supply.

As for an MS9 chassis service manual, the whole service manual is included in the back of the Sega Touring Car service manual. Download this and skip ahead to Page 136 for the start of the MS9 manual, or Page 185 for the circuit diagram.