Naomi Universal/Net City Club

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Has anyone come up with an easy way to rotate the monitor on these guys?

I'm thinking it's just not worth it if you have other rotatable cabinets.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Has anyone come up with an easy way to rotate the monitor on these guys?

I'm thinking it's just not worth it if you have other rotatable cabinets.

This is one of the reasons I bought a 2nd net city, so I can just leave one yoko and one tate. It's definitely a bit labor intensive to rotate the monitor.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Yeah there's really no way to put the cab down and lift it out.

I guess two people with enough support can yank it out. Or maybe one person with a reliable back.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I was able to put her on her back when i tated.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Yeah there's really no way to put the cab down and lift it out.

I guess two people with enough support can yank it out. Or maybe one person with a reliable back.

I'm 6' 3" with a strong back and it's still not fun. Not to mention having to remove the front bezel and back cover with the security torx bits, make sure all the wires are unhooked, etc. I mean, it's not the worst thing in the world, but it's not pleasant.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I was able to put her on her back when i tated.

I wouldn't trust the back speaker shroud/monitor cover to hold the weight of a monitor. I personally think it's best to get 2 people to tate a monitor in these machinese. That being said, all of mine are horizontal. :lolz:

baphomet

n00b
Just a quick Naomi question.

Which type of i/o board should I be using with CAPCOM vs SNK 2? My CAPCOM i/o doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Just a quick Naomi question.

Which type of i/o board should I be using with CAPCOM vs SNK 2? My CAPCOM i/o doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks

A capcom IO should work fine, as well as any sega IO

Use the buttons on the NAOMI itself to get into test mode and test the IO there (JVS Test I think)

baphomet

n00b
Apparently it was set to 4p mode and I didn't realize it. Switching it back to 2p mode it works great now.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
3$ shipped for a pair of starter bulbs :D amazon FTW

15837605178_cc56d0e8ed_c.jpg

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
_Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_{E019D336-696D-43D5-A99B-B39120DC54C5}_local_PlatformData_Images_Pho.jpg

This got dropped off for me today. We had some extra money left over from our appliance budget for the new house and the wife and I had to have this. First Naomi uni and first driving cab I've ever owned. Didn't put the huge marquee or peddles on it for the picture. This cab is so sick.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I've never seen that before. Looks really fun. How do the pedals attach?

It attached to the front via a molex connector and then the pedal platform sits flush with the front of the machine. I think fresh from the factory it comes with a bar your supposed to sit on, but I think it would be too awkward to use like that. It plays great just the way it is. The original plan was to convert this to an outrun 2 cab.... but after seeing the price on a chihiro board...that isnt gonna happen.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
So I wasn't playing my net cities much as they are both wired JVS and I have loads of jamma PCBs. I knew francob made a wiring harness that made it to where you could unplug a few connectors and switch back and forth to jamma but he quit making those. So I was chatting with Alberto and he set me up with an amazing wiring harness. You can leave your cab wired jvs and also have jamma at the same time with no unplugging of any wires (except of course the vga and rca cords when switching boards). This might have been posted somewhere but I have never heard of one being completely pass through like that. The harness is great build quality and highly recommend it if anyone else wants to be able to run some jamma boards in there net city. This is of course assuming you are running a tri sync monitor :-)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427250741.998956.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427250763.682796.jpg

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
so sweet ! you got pics of the harness before you put it in ?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
So I wasn't playing my net cities much as they are both wired JVS and I have loads of jamma PCBs. I knew francob made a wiring harness that made it to where you could unplug a few connectors and switch back and forth to jamma but he quit making those. So I was chatting with Alberto and he set me up with an amazing wiring harness. You can leave your cab wired jvs and also have jamma at the same time with no unplugging of any wires (except of course the vga and rca cords when switching boards). This might have been posted somewhere but I have never heard of one being completely pass through like that. The harness is great build quality and highly recommend it if anyone else wants to be able to run some jamma boards in there net city. This is of course assuming you are running a tri sync monitor :-)
View attachment 23849View attachment 23850

The cable you got from Alberto is made by River Service. They actually do 2 version. One is a PCB version, but DO NOT get this one. This one has lag. And they do a straight wire version. This is the version to get since FrancoB no longer makes his cable. You see these River Service cables on YAJ all the time for about 150,000 yen.

Westcb

The cable you got from Alberto is made by River Service. They actually do 2 version. One is a PCB version, but DO NOT get this one. This one has lag. And they do a straight wire version. This is the version to get since FrancoB no longer makes his cable. You see these River Service cables on YAJ all the time for about 150,000 yen.

Alberto's brother makes the cable, he told me this was superior to the other versions as you don't need to disconnect any wires. He's back on NG now just shoot him a message he could better explain the differences of this new one versus river service and Franco's as I haven't owned either of those. But he specifically said it was better then both since you can keep it jvs and jamma all the time no switching back and forth.

Westcb

My mistake. This one is similar to the River Service, but I can tell from the picture that it's not the same one. How much does he charge for his version?

I bought some other stuff with it but I think it's like 140, same price as Franco's (95gbp) when they were offered. After looking at all the wire, connectors and pins I decided if I want another one I will buy another from him, it would take me forever and I would just save a few bucks since buying these connectors individually wouldn't make sense plus pins wires etc. it's a great cable, even has the jamma key in it (polarize key).
It's nice being able to run the jamma games in it and I'm in the process of moving forgotten worlds over to it to free up another cab as I need more vert cabs at the moment :-)

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
So I tore the cabinet apart to move it up some small steps and I took pictures to make sure I put it back together correctly. I'll post some of them here in case any needs them for reference.

IMG_1342.JPGIMG_1351.JPGIMG_1357.JPGIMG_1358.JPGIMG_1361.JPGIMG_1362.JPGIMG_1366.JPG

My wiring is weird in that there's a bunch of extra cords I don't need. I didn't want to disrupt how it was wired up to begin with so I just kept them in instead of taking apart the wire bundles.

That bottom counterweight is pretty damn heavy, so I had to take the rails off to make it less awkward. I'm also staining the bezel today hopefully, so I'll take an after picture of that.

Last edited: