NBA Finals 2009 -- THE LAKERS (vs the Magic)

V3rtigo

Mr. Big's Thug
Apparently reading comprehension isn't _your_ forte. I'm a season ticket holder for the 2nd worst team in the NBA. I saw the Knicks live twice last season and they didn't impress either time. Probably saw them live more than you have.

no you didn't. and beating the wiz 3 out of 4 times isn't impressive? watching david lee get 20 rebs in dc isnt impressive? you never even saw gallinari play or half of the roster after all the trades.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
haha, yes it is me over there… what do you post as there?

I keep my Lepunk hate at a lesser level over there… would hate to see Pleezebelieve explode or any other Lebrunk homer. I don't hate the Cavs, just one player (well two, I can't stand side show bob)

I can't believe the Magic had a melt down last night and lost the game :mad:
Boston doesn't stand a chance against Cleveland being short handed, and when Orlando are firing on all cylinders, they are tough to beat.
I post as Huey Freeman over there. I like posting in the NBA, Orlando Magic and International sections the most. I had no idea anybody else here would post at ISH, but it's bad ass that you do.

lol everybody thinks PleezeBelieve is such a god damn joke. Still, I think hawkfan makes the dumbest threads with all his trade scenarios. His worst one so far was probably Acie Law for J.J. Redick.

Yeah, I don't have a really good feeling about the Magic. They need to finish strong, if they can do that then they could really do some damage. But they need to change now, there's no time to screw around in an elimination game especially. I miss having Jameer Nelson so much.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
why the fuck is Kenyon martin getting paid so much and he is a fucking offensive liability .. fuck they could've close out game 4 if he did not shot 3 bricks in the last 4 min:very_ang:

ps denver is gonna give lakers a run for their money and i don't mind seeing cav's vs nuggets in the finals

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Wednesday's result:

Denver 124, Dallas 110. Nuggets win series 4-1.

Thursday's games:

Boston at Orlando, 7 pm ET (ESPN) Celtics lead series 3-2.
LA Lakers at Houston, 9:30 pm ET (ESPN) Lakers lead series 3-2.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
why the fuck is Kenyon martin getting paid so much and he is a fucking offensive liability .. fuck they could've close out game 4 if he did not shot 3 bricks in the last 4 min:very_ang:

ps denver is gonna give lakers a run for their money and i don't mind seeing cav's vs nuggets in the finals

KMart was only good when JKidd was feeding him the rock. Kmart should have splitted his contract with JKidd. He isn't very good and should have been paid Kmart prices. :glee:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
K-Mart is overpaid, sure, but he's the Nuggets best interior defender (Birdman is basically just a shotblocker and he only plays 20 minutes per, less lately since he fouls like a motherfucker), and he also can score relatively reliably as a second option to Nene down low. He's recovered from those two microfracture surgeries far better than you would expect, really. Still, yeah, that salary is brutal, overall.

Granted, it is kind of odd that Denver's best post player is Melo, though. At least Nene has gotten so he's a real solid threat once he gets the ball and doesn't grind the offense to a stop like he used to.

Denver vs. LA, ought to be a good one. Barkley picked Denver, Jet picked LA. Much as I would love to see my Nugs get into the Finals, I just can't, logically, pick against the Lakers- LA in 7.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
no you didn't. and beating the wiz 3 out of 4 times isn't impressive? watching david lee get 20 rebs in dc isnt impressive? you never even saw gallinari play or half of the roster after all the trades.

You're fighting to "prove" that the second worst team in the Eastern conference was worth half a turd? Are you that retarded?

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
looking forward
laker's VS nuggets match up's ( note if lakers play like they play the rockets then they are gonna loose to the nuggets )
offense-Denver have the edge
and if Denver can work as a team defensively and rebound as a team and not have a break down in the second half

battle of the big man's i think the lakers have a edge on this one with gasol and bynum and powe and odom .. bynum is still a noob as a big man so he might have problem if nene was guarding him due to the physical style

x factor for both team will be jr smith and his 3's for the nuggets and luke walton/powe for the lakers

funny how Shannon brown who was a throw in in the Morrison trade gets more floor time then A Morrison himself

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
reading comprehension isn't your forte, is it? i know exactly what youre referring to, and i was referring to the fact that you clearly haven't watched a knicks game this year.

i went to several games this season, one of which was the knicks and they werent as exciting as you are making them out to be. give it up man.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i went to several games this season, one of which was the knicks and they werent as exciting as you are making them out to be. give it up man.

Dude, V3rtigo was impressed by the Knicks beating the Wizards 3 out of 4 times this year.

I don't know if anyone can out-insult V3rtigo's intelligence now.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I'll let the haters keep hating and making excuses, but stranger things have happened...

GO ROCKETS!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Thursday's results:

Orlando 83, Boston 75. Series tied 3-3.
Houston 95, LA Lakers 80. Series tied 3-3.

Sunday's games:

Houston at LA Lakers, 3:30 pm ET (ABC) Winner advances against Denver.
Orlando at Boston, 8 pm ET (TNT) Winner advances to Cleveland.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Lakers end the Rockets' run with a 89-70 win and now will face Denver in the Western Conference Finals.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
It's all right though. It's amazing how this Rockets team performed without Yao and T-Mac.

Yeah, I know, I'm really proud of this season. I just hate to see it end :(

I hope your boys get it done tonight. Anything but Lakers/Celts will be fine with me.

Nuggets in 6 over the Cavs btw.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Western Conference Finals

No. 1 Los Angeles vs No. 2 Denver Nuggets

- Game 1 at Los Angeles Tuesday May 19, 9PM ET on ESPN
- Game 2 at Los Angeles Thursday May 21, 9PM ET on ESPN
- Game 3 at Denver Saturday May 23, 8:30PM ET on ESPN
#- Game 4 at Denver Monday May 25, 9PM ET on ESPN
*- Game 5 at Los Angeles Wednesday May 27, 9PM ET on ESPN
*- Game 6 at Denver Friday May 29, 9PM ET on ESPN
*- Game 7 at Los Angeles Sunday May 31, 8:30PM ET on ESPN

*- if necessary

#- WWE has a scheduled event in Denver the same day as Game #4:

The WWE Raw TV taping on Monday, May 25 at the Pepsi Center in Denver appears to be safe despite an NBA Playoff game between the Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Lakers scheduled for the same arena on the same date.

According to representatives from Ticketmaster, WWE's event would take priority over an NBA Playoff game because WWE's event was already ticketed and set-up by arena officials.

This is subject to change on Monday when the NBA makes the schedule official for the next round of the Playoffs.

Last edited:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I hope some day professional sports hire me to rewrite their rules.

Intentional fouling is obnoxious. If they're going to allow it, then they should allow "intentional shooting". I don't care how unrealistic the shot is, it's no less absurd than the foul. Put the man on the line, and teach losers that if you're behind you're going to have to get ahead by putting the ball in the hoop. Losing teams shouldn't be able to change the outcome of the game when the winning team is playing properly.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Bye-bye Boston!!!

Not a good week for them...first the Bruins get eliminated, now the Celtics :(

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Sunday's results:

LA Lakers 89, Houston 70. Lakers win series 4-3.
Orlando 101, Boston 82. Magic win series 4-3.

Western Conference Finals

No. 1 Los Angeles vs No. 2 Denver Nuggets

- Game 1 at Los Angeles Tuesday May 19, 9PM ET on ESPN
- Game 2 at Los Angeles Thursday May 21, 9PM ET on ESPN
- Game 3 at Denver Saturday May 23, 8:30PM ET on ESPN
#- Game 4 at Denver Monday May 25, 9PM ET on ESPN
*- Game 5 at Los Angeles Wednesday May 27, 9PM ET on ESPN
*- Game 6 at Denver Friday May 29, 9PM ET on ESPN
*- Game 7 at Los Angeles Sunday May 31, 8:30PM ET on ESPN

*- if necessary
#- WWE has a scheduled event in Denver the same day as Game #4. Time may be changed.

Eastern Conference Finals

No. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. No. 3 Orlando

- Game 1 at Cleveland Wednesday May 20, 8:30PM ET on TNT
- Game 2 at Cleveland Friday May 22, 8:30PM ET on TNT
- Game 3 at Orlando Sunday May 24, 8:30PM ET on TNT
- Game 4 at Orlando Tuesday May 26, 8:30PM ET on TNT
*- Game 5 at Cleveland Thursday May 28, 8:30PM ET on TNT
*- Game 6 at Orlando Saturday May 30, 8:30PM ET on TNT
*- Game 7 at Cleveland Monday June 1, 8:30PM ET on TNT

*- if necessary

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
AWWWWW FUCK YEAH.

I've been drinking a few beers to remember this one. First time they've made the ECF since I moved to Florida. So fucking happy right now this is exactly where we needed to be at the minimum.

Since I had a season ticket plan this year, I have priority when it comes to buying the playoff tickets and I'll be buying my Game 3 tickets ASAP.