NBA/NHL 2021 seasons

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
He's still solid on defense, and obviously excels at getting in other player's heads as a rough, dirty court enforcer.

He's mediocre to bad with everything else.
still useful to some playoff team that needs a little tenacity.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I saw Beverly as a replacement for Gortat, who we haven’t really replaced yet on the Wizards. Gafford is probably as close as we get to a good big man. Hoping this year he takes over as the starter.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
When he's on the floor, I'd argue Thomas Bryant's a better big than Gortat was in his last couple of seasons. Gortat was a great pick n' roll guy but he was sieve on defense, particularly later in his career.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
When he's on the floor, I'd argue Thomas Bryant's a better big than Gortat was in his last couple of seasons. Gortat was a great pick n' roll guy but he was sieve on defense, particularly later in his career.
I hate Thomas Bryant. He’s like a cosplayer on the court, pretending to be tough.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I mean I don't hate the guy but any potential he has is fucking worthless if he can't stay on the court.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Wow

Jarrett Culver and Ja Morant together? How will it work?
ja will be the mentor and culver is the student ... minnesota is just a bad place for young players , bunch of kids, bad locker room and no leadership. They are like the old portland jail blazers but with zero toughness .

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ja will be the mentor and culver is the student ... minnesota is just a bad place for young players , bunch of kids, bad locker room and no leadership. They are like the old portland jail blazers but with zero toughness .
Jarrett and Ja entered the league together. Jarrett had that amazing Cinderella run in the acc.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The City of Glendale gave the Arizona Coyotes the boot from Gila River Arena after the 2021-22 season. Not too many existing places for them to play. Footprint Center isn't constructed for a proper hockey configuration. Arizona State will have a rink next year but only seats 5k or so. Tempe is interested in building an arena but they do take time to build if they agree on it. Veterans Memorial Coliseum (former home of the Phoenix Roadrunners) may work and holds nearly 14k but it's over 55 years old.

Though the owner says keeping them in Arizona is a priority, Quebec City and Houston are licking their chops at a NHL franchise once again.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
rich people buying stakes in sports teams. ok.

It's just for the investor parties, I'm sure.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Probably also means he will stay in Milwaukee.
Good to see some loyalty and big star commiting to a smaller market . lot of team would force to trade off a player knowing that they might not stay or the nickle and dime him eg: harden in okc . Bucks offer the big Buck a full max contract, he is staying and make a local investment , both side are happy and the great for the city of milwaukee .

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I really hope he does. The NBA is sorely lacking in "hometown" heroes that stay with their team all of their career.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I really hope he does. The NBA is sorely lacking in "hometown" heroes that stay with their team all of their career.

Some of the NBA teams don’t make sense at this point. For example, the Timberwolves - if a franchise doesn’t have legs, just move. Same for the Bucks up until this past year. It was 40 years of gutter.

If teams struggle for a decade, there should be a forced auction. Would be crazy and very cool.