NBA/NHL 2021 seasons

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Tampa Bay wins back-to-back Stanley Cups beating Montreal 1-0 and winning the series 4-1. This time, the Lightning got to share the trophy with their fans, a far cry from last year when they hoisted up the cup in an empty arena in Canada.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Saric is out with torn acl , might be over look I think if Ayton get in foul trouble .. frank the tank is too slow to switch and cover. And missing the 3pt shooting with saric out .

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Tampa Bay wins back-to-back Stanley Cups beating Montreal 1-0 and winning the series 4-1. This time, the Lightning got to share the trophy with their fans, a far cry from last year when they hoisted up the cup in an empty arena in Canada.
Congrats to tampa. I knew Montreal would fold. The Knights would have put up a better fight I think.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Saric getting hurt isn't too much of a worry. He had a great +/- during the regular season, but he's mostly been a non-factor during the playoffs. Still sucks though, looks like it hurt like hell. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Frank the Tank will do alright to fill the spot, but it looks like they're going to go with Torrey Craig instead.

Good article on Saric, and how his injury is affecting the team internally.

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Last time the Nuggets played in a basketball final was the final year of the ABA and lost to the New York Nets in 1976. They haven't been to an NBA Finals period.

But on a happier note the Nuggets were the first 8th seed team to beat a top seed in Seattle, then almost doing the same to 2nd seeded Utah but losing in the 7th and deciding game.
I remember watching that game. Seattle losing to them just flat out blew everyone's minds. They were so impossibly good that year that they were easy favorites for the championship with Phoenix a close second (who also, very depressingly, flamed out).

The image of pure joy on Mutombo's face while lying on the court at the end of game 5 is one of those sports memories I'll never, ever forget.

I could be wrong, but I think that series was a catalyst to the NBA changing the 1st round to 7 games to match the rest of the series and favor the top seeded teams even more.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Suns up 2-0.

If they beat Milwakee on Sunday, I'm hedging my bets on a sweep. Bucks threw everything they had at them and still lost by 10.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
The Nuggets have never been to the Finals.

If they ever get there, there will absolutely not be a "we got there" parade. That's insane. You ain't done shit if you don't win it all.
Don't worry, they won't get there

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Bucks will win 1 game, probably next game and then done.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I'm not sure the Bucks are gonna pull one out.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
torrey craig might be out for a few games with a knee injury , sun will probably pull thru with 1 at milwaukee and finish them at home .

Fygee

20 Year Member
Game 4 tonight. Let's see if the typical Suns bounceback from a Game 3 shitfest goes into effect again. Booker was awful last game.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It's almost time for Chris Paul to fake an injury near the end of the third, then make a dramatic heroball comeback in the fourth

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It’s game 4, in Milwaukee. Bucks have to be favored somewhat. Let’s be rational and assume it will be Suns in 6.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I think the championship pacing is a bit uneven. Games 1 and 2 were last Tuesday and Thursday in Phoenix, then when it moved to Milwaukee, they added an extra day off between games 3 and 4. I know ABC and the NBA want maximum viewing days and also didn't want to go up against the MLB All-Star game yesterday (then nobody would've watch that!). I liked the good old days when the finals were a 2-3-2 series that took a week to finish...maybe that 8th day if there was a 7th game.

Fygee

20 Year Member
That struck me as odd as well. Technically it's an extra day of rest for both teams, but that does favor the home team.

My gut tells me it's going to go 6 games as well, but I'm staying hopeful that the Suns win the next two so they can win it all at home and watch the crowd go absolutely ballistic.

They need to give Al McCoy a ring while they're at it should they win. Dude is a Suns legend.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Damn, CP3 was awful last night. Turnovers, missed shots, poor court vision. Very unlike him.

The reffing was absolutely dreadful as well. So many missed and wrong calls.

Booker had a hell of a game at least.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Feels like across the board and across leagues, refs are letting the kids play and not dictating outcomes.

like Booker should have fouled out. Ref let him keep playing. If Phoenix won it would have been a shit show.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I think they let that one pass since Booker got screwed on both a Tucker kicked ball, and foul #5 having barely any contact to speak of.

Refs have been really inconsistent with foul calls in terms of level of contact. Steamrolled players get no calls, whereas you'll get shooting fouls because the defender's pinky touches the shooter.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
I think they let that one pass since Booker got screwed on both a Tucker kicked ball, and foul #5 having barely any contact to speak of.

Refs have been really inconsistent with foul calls in terms of level of contact. Steamrolled players get no calls, whereas you'll get shooting fouls because the defender's pinky touches the shooter.
problem its that these new rule slows the game down and these touch fouls calls are a joke , just let them play. damn i missed 90's basketball .

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The Footprint Center.

I already miss the names of arena past: America West Arena, US Airways Center, Talking Stick Resort Arena, and Phoenix Suns Arena.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The Suns went from a sure lock for their first ever NBA title to throwing away the series. Bucks are playing strong and are now one win away from their first title in 50 years.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Here come cp3 curse... bad play for not calling a time out on the 2nd last sun’s possession .

Fygee

20 Year Member
Well....here we go tonight. I still have faith my Suns can pull this off, but it's going to be really tough.

My tear ducts are ready and primed should they lose.