NBA/NHL 2021 seasons

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There was no facial contact.

anyways, a Suns Jazz conference final would be the most 90s me desire. Not crazy about the Eastern conference rn.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
There was no facial contact.

anyways, a Suns Jazz conference final would be the most 90s me desire. Not crazy about the Eastern conference rn.
Absolutely was. You could see the sweat fly from where he made impact. Cam's nose started to swell up a bit after as well.

With both Irving and Harden out, Bucks vs 76ers as looking like a fairly safe bet now.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
He definitely got him with his bicep in the face. But the point of intentional contact was on the ball; he was trying to swat the ball out of his hands really hard and glanced him in the face. Should have been a common foul.

And he sold that shit like he took a punch from Mike Tyson.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Agreed, the goal was the mostly the ball, but he admitted during the press conference his intent was to commit a hard foul.

Should have been a Flagrant 1.

Cam oversold it. Just the nature of the game now. Even though they work in our favor, those fouls CP3 draws where he fakes a shot going into the defender annoy the fuck out of me too.

The days of players like Steve Nash playing with an eye swollen shut and a busted nose are over.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It’s over, and I imagine that the league will be paying closer attention to phakers and not awarding them fouls.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
It was a bullshit call but the Nugs were toast anyway. Joker just got an early reprieve to head to Cancun.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Of course the Nuggets were toast anyway.

But can any person on this planet say with a straight face that they'd have tossed Lebron, Durant, Paul, or Harden for the exact same play?

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Clipper snuffed the Jazz this game , damn jazz can’t get any momentum going .

Fygee

20 Year Member
Knights take first blood against the Canadiens.

Atlanta ties it up against the Sixers.

Rest of the NBA semis are going to be real interesting.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Harden looks terrible and you can tell they 100% rushed him back from injury

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Of course the Nuggets were toast anyway.

But can any person on this planet say with a straight face that they'd have tossed Lebron, Durant, Paul, or Harden for the exact same play?
yes, i would toss all of them and only make an exception for bradley beal.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bradley Beal made all pro, and still got snubbed. Should have been 2nd team all pro. He was neck and neck with Steph Curry through the season for the scoring title. Lillard is good, but Beal deserved that 2nd team spot. Lillard has more brand name appeal, and that's what the NBA is about.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Nba it’s strait up all high scoring and long distance 3 balls , shit don’t surprise me in the future they add a 4pts shot .evolution of the game its entertainment , competition is secondary. As entertainment they have to entertaining to make all those money from gaining marketing and sponsorship. North America it’s trying to keep ( Europe soccer out ) but with the online bookies push fan duel and draft king ... all sports are great lure for fans and customers. Shit even the crew on tnt are doing over and under predictions for fanduel . they need to get Pete rose to do a new commercial.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nba it’s strait up all high scoring and long distance 3 balls , shit don’t surprise me in the future they add a 4pts shot .evolution of the game its entertainment , competition is secondary. As entertainment they have to entertaining to make all those money from gaining marketing and sponsorship. North America it’s trying to keep ( Europe soccer out ) but with the online bookies push fan duel and draft king ... all sports are great lure for fans and customers. Shit even the crew on tnt are doing over and under predictions for fanduel . they need to get Pete rose to do a new commercial.
The game is evolving. Defense is becoming less viable. Add a 4pt shot from half court. A hoop a few feet over the existing hoop for the double shot. And give points for fans voting on best sneakers and hairdo.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
They are already doing Mountain Dew shots and play in tournaments. Might as well all some more sponsors revenue to the game . Change to college athletes sponsorship is a start a betting market for smaller brands ( will be like small soccer clubs in South America /Europe hitting a jackpot future superstar )

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Chris Paul has just entered the NBA COVID-19 protocol which means he could miss a few games of the Western Conference finals with the Suns. Hopefully it's a minor thing but definitely rotten timing.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Chris Paul has just entered the NBA COVID-19 protocol which means he could miss a few games of the Western Conference finals with the Suns. Hopefully it's a minor thing but definitely rotten timing.
Sounds about Suns. Add CP3's playoff curse to the mix and we're doomed.

From what I'm reading, he was vaccinated, but he did test positive. Hopefully that means he'll be negative very soon and he's not one of the very rare people that the vaccine was ineffective with.