NBA/NHL 2021 seasons

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sounds about Suns. Add CP3's playoff curse to the mix and we're doomed.

From what I'm reading, he was vaccinated, but he did test positive. Hopefully that means he'll be negative very soon and he's not one of the very rare people that the vaccine was ineffective with.
I imagine it was a false positive, which is common for the tests.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I was at Jazz vs Clippers game two. I felt aged several decades after that game. Feel like the Jazz have completely lost their confidence after games 3 and 4.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Stan Van Gundy too.

Hopefully these tired names stop getting chances. No more Van Gundys, no more Brooks, no more D'Antoni.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Edit - Just beat me to it famicommander.

I think they should be relegated to assistant coaches.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Would prefer to see the cup go back to Canada.

Buttplug Trotz shouldn’t be an option.
Wouldn't be a bad thing. Heading to the bar later wearing my Vegas colors for the game tonight. Im in central Canada. I expect to be boo'd hard tonight.

I like the habs but happen to like vegas a bit more.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If the Wiz hire Becky Hammon I will explode in my pants from both directions.

Wes Unseld is probably going to get first offer though because there’s some romance to idea of bringing him here - but that’s a bad reason to take a position, and I hope Wes chooses the team that will help him grow and obtain a championship.

Guys like SVG and Thibs are made for an older NBA that died a long time ago.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Wouldn't be a bad thing. Heading to the bar later wearing my Vegas colors for the game tonight. Im in central Canada. I expect to be boo'd hard tonight.

I like the habs but happen to like vegas a bit more.
Kudos for repping my hometown so far into dangerous territory.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
If the Wiz hire Becky Hammon I will explode in my pants from both directions.

Wes Unseld is probably going to get first offer though because there’s some romance to idea of bringing him here - but that’s a bad reason to take a position, and I hope Wes chooses the team that will help him grow and obtain a championship.

Guys like SVG and Thibs are made for an older NBA that died a long time ago.
dont forget most of the front office and owners are older nba..... there are a few that will take a clean house and give young coachs a shot . boston got a coach opening

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

Clippers star Kawhi Leonard to miss Game 5 and possibly more with knee injury

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Playoff P show up tonight. Against the Jazz . Jazz just fizzle out in the 3rd with 0/10 on 3s should have get some easy 2s instead . Reggie Jackson hit some timely shots .

Last edited:

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
The sixer hawks game just shown how to choke, by the coaching and players . doc river can use his exit speech from last year .

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Rick Carlisle resigned ...probably can’t take on superstar diva doncic anymore . Boston has a spot open

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

😡😡😡

You dick
Why does a white conservative state need a basketball team? And why would that team call itself the Jazz?

serious questions.
Utah should just have hockey, maybe baseball and football. But it has none of that. It has basketball… and that team has a name with zero connection to the people of the region. I guess it could be worse. Could have called it the Utah Black Jazz.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Why does a white conservative state need a basketball team? And why would that team call itself the Jazz?

serious questions.
Utah should just have hockey, maybe baseball and football. But it has none of that. It has basketball… and that team has a name with zero connection to the people of the region. I guess it could be worse. Could have called it the Utah Black Jazz.
They're called the Jazz because they relocated from New Orleans and it was too late in the year to get approval for a name change from the league. The team wasn't successful in New Orleans due to high taxes and a lack of corporate sponsorship, so the owner moved it. He chose Utah because Salt Lake City had a very successful team in the old ABA that didn't survive the merger.

You're right that other sports are a better cultural fit for the city but the Jazz were successful from the start and most people figure the city is only big enough to support one major league franchise. They do have MLS, which if it isn't a major league now will have to be considered one soon enough.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The MLS won't be a major league any time soon (certainly not on the level of football/basketball/baseball). Soccer has been "5 years away" in America since the 70s. Americans don't give a fuck outside of a small, passionate fanbase (mostly in smaller markets that don't have many other options).

famicommander

15 Year Member
The MLS won't be a major league any time soon (certainly not on the level of football/basketball/baseball). Soccer has been "5 years away" in America since the 70s. Americans don't give a fuck outside of a small, passionate fanbase (mostly in smaller markets that don't have many other options).
They're up to about 1/5 the revenue of the NHL and soccer is more popular than baseball or hockey among generation Z. They're up to 30 teams counting the 3 announced expansion franchises. All of their markets have at least 1 other major team except Austin. They have LA, NY, Chicago, Philly, Dallas, DC, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Bay area, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Boston, etc.

Ez_0wugXMAQwTHk

I hate soccer but it ain't going away. A big part of it is the growing latino population in the US. They're also partially responsible for the resurrection of boxing.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
They're up to about 1/5 the revenue of the NHL and soccer is more popular than baseball or hockey among generation Z. They're up to 30 teams counting the 3 announced expansion franchises. All of their markets have at least 1 other major team except Austin. They have LA, NY, Chicago, Philly, Dallas, DC, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Bay area, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Boston, etc.

Ez_0wugXMAQwTHk

I hate soccer but it ain't going away. A big part of it is the growing latino population in the US. They're also partially responsible for the resurrection of boxing.

All that tells you is that younger people like soccer. That doesn't mean they will continue to as they get older and, even if they did, that has little to do with MLS. All it means is that more people in America will watch Premier League, the various other Euros and Mexican/Central American soccer and there will be bigger excitement when UEFA and World Cup rolls around. MLS is like watching the Greek Basketball League... sure it's soccer but it's like fourth-rate soccer. That's not going to change until there's any significant motivation for the best players to want to play in the US. The money is in Europe, the prestige is in Europe and the passion is in Latin America and Europe.

Like I said, Americans don't give a shit about soccer outside of a small, passionate fanbase. I agree that it's not going anywhere but it's not a major sports league and won't be any time soon.

famicommander

15 Year Member
They're going to crack a billion dollars in yearly revenue soon, man. That's major. And it will only keep going up. They have their own stadiums, all their games are on TV, they're soon going to have as many teams as MLB, they're in major league markets.

I realize MLS sucks but you don't get to a billion dollars per year by accident. The NHL is still under 5 billion, the NBA 7, MLB 10, NFL 14.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
At some point, someone needs to explain to me how Jokic gets tossed the other day but what Embiid just did doesn’t get him the same.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Montreal win in OT 3-2 over Vegas and take a 2-1 series lead despite having their coach test positive for COVID-19 prior to the start of today's game.

Sixers avoid elimination and force a game 7 against the Hawks.

Jazz have a 22 point halftime lead in LA against the Clippers. It's amazing how one team can blow out the other and the next game, return the favor.