NBA season 21/22

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Let's talk about Basketball here. Those collective threads with multiple sports are retarded. I don't care about Lacrosse. 21/22 is the 76th season and yes Basketball always deserves an own thread.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Which team looks like they made the biggest gain in the off season?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Good call on a dedicated NBA thread.

Is Damian Lillard on the Jazz yet? If he is, I'll watch basketball this coming season.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Which team looks like they made the biggest gain in the off season?
Lakers fans will tell you them, since they got every player that used to be an All-Star ever.

Beyond that, it's tough to tell. There weren't much in the way of really big, blockbuster moves. Just a lot of role-players and bench warmers.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Miami looks like the improved on the Defensive side ! buck wont repeat ! this is nets year if they can stay healthy .

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Nets aren't doing shit in the postseason.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lakers fans will tell you them, since they got every player that used to be an All-Star ever.

Beyond that, it's tough to tell. There weren't much in the way of really big, blockbuster moves. Just a lot of role-players and bench warmers.

Maybe the Grizzlies. I’m still pissed that they got Culver next to Morant.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The Wizards flipping Wall for Westbrook, for Trez, Kuz, KCP, and a 2nd was probably the best return I have seen for a player no one wants.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
The Cavaliers make it official and announce the acquisition of Lauri Markkanen in a sign-and-trade that sends Larry Nance Jr. to Portland and a 2023 second-rounder to Chicago, with the Bulls also receiving Derrick Jones Jr. and Portland's lottery-protected 2022 first-rounder.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Kevin Love is refusing a buyout from the Cavs, preferring a trade instead. Weird move since a buyout would net him more money and also give him freedom to sign wherever he wants.

There's rumors that the Suns are attempting to trade for Thaddeus Young.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't see how anyone can explain the logic of Love staying with the Cavs after Lebron left, much less anything after that.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Reports say there's been talks with him that they'll be heavily limiting his minutes with the younger PFs they have in Markkanen and their #3 draft pick.

Should have traded him when Lebron skedaddled. They were out of their minds if they thought he was going to carry the team, and also attract All-Star talent to fill Lebron's shoes. Just blow the thing up and get those draft picks.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Reports say there's been talks with him that they'll be heavily limiting his minutes with the younger PFs they have in Markkanen and their #3 draft pick.

Should have traded him when Lebron skedaddled. They were out of their minds if they thought he was going to carry the team, and also attract All-Star talent to fill Lebron's shoes. Just blow the thing up and get those draft picks.
It's not even about having Kevin Love carry the team, how many All-Star free agents typically sign with the Cavs?

Fygee

20 Year Member
Big, fat, goose egg.

Without LeBron, the Cavs are doomed to be either middling or bottom of the basement.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
So people will be wondering "Where's the Love in Cleveland!" :p

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Big, fat, goose egg.

Without LeBron, the Cavs are doomed to be either middling or bottom of the basement.
Precisely why they signed Love. He definitely had more value 3 years ago. Smaller markets have to overpay to have a shot at an All Star caliber player.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
When love sign that extension I was like wtf, I guess he more of money first and winning second type , I see his stat sheet filler with monster double double numbers but they are not winning plays , in the paint missed fucking tip the ball toward the rim missed and tip to himself and get 2 -3 rebound a possession

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
When love sign that extension I was like wtf, I guess he more of money first and winning second type , I see his stat sheet filler with monster double double numbers but they are not winning plays , in the paint missed fucking tip the ball toward the rim missed and tip to himself and get 2 -3 rebound a possession
I'd go after the money, too. He already has one more ring than Barkley, Stockton, and Malone.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
This doesn't matter to me, he's far away from becoming a legend like Barkley, Stockton, or Malone. In 30 years he's just one of those guys who won a championship with LeBron and peeps will probably still talk about Stockalone.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
This doesn't matter to me, he's far away from becoming a legend like Barkley, Stockton, or Malone. In 30 years he's just one of those guys who won a championship with LeBron and peeps will probably still talk about Stockalone.
I personally prefer having money to fame.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
I personally prefer having money to fame.
Fame is often all that is left.

Sports Illustrated once estimated that 78% of NFL players file for bankruptcy or are broke only two years after retiring, and after five years of retirement, 60% of NBA players suffer the same fate. Close to 16% of NFL players filed for bankruptcy within just 12 years of retirement, according to a 2015 study by the National Bureau of Economic Research.