NBA season 21/22

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Seems like only Aaron Gordon came to play that game outside of Jokic. Everyone else was chucking bricks left and right.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Seems like only Aaron Gordon came to play that game outside of Jokic. Everyone else was chucking bricks left and right.
That's because the Nuggets only have like 4 NBA quality dudes on their roster right now.

Jokic, Gordon, Morris and one of bipolar Cousins or hot/cold rookie Hyland. And the latter three all had horrible games.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I wouldn't be surprised if some moves were made in the off-season. Especially if Jokic wins MVP, which if I'm being real, he should (even though I'd love to see Booker win).

With the Bucks and Suns getting to the Finals last season, the Lakers imploding, NY being a big disappointment, and the possibility of the Suns getting to the Finals yet again, my gut tells me that the days of "small market" teams being undesirable are numbered.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I wouldn't be surprised if some moves were made in the off-season. Especially if Jokic wins MVP, which if I'm being real, he should (even though I'd love to see Booker win).

With the Bucks and Suns getting to the Finals last season, the Lakers imploding, NY being a big disappointment, and the possibility of the Suns getting to the Finals yet again, my gut tells me that the days of "small market" teams being undesirable are numbered.
Problem for the Nuggets is they already have 3 max contract guys and nobody is going to want to trade for Porter until/unless he proves his back is healthy.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Jokic tonight:
35 points, 16 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals, 1 block on 16/24 shooting
+37 in 35 minutes
became the first player in NBA history with 2000 points, 1000 rebounds, and 500 assists in a season
helped the Nuggets finally clinch a playoff berth outside the play-in

He may have just finished off the best regular season by any individual player in NBA history.

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
The regular season is over.

Time for the play-in tournament. My gut tells me these playoffs are going to be pretty wild with the matchups we'll have right out of the gate.

1649692188448.png

famicommander

15 Year Member
The play-in is so fuckin' dumb.

20/30 teams in the postseason. What a joke.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
They should have a play-in play-in tournament with #11-15, followed by a 3-game round robin to determine seeding, then a 5-game series to determine the #1 seed, before they even begin the playoffs.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Better idea.

Only the two #1 seeds make the playoffs. They play Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who wins the title, best 4 out of 7. The team with the better record gets two do overs.

famicommander

15 Year Member
NBA: 20/30 teams in the postseason
MLB: 12/30 teams in the postseason
NHL: 16/32 teams in the postseason
NFL: 14/32 teams in the postseason

It should never be more than half. Otherwise the regular season is meaningless.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Luka back then luka is out … fuck you mark Cuban, karma for reciting that last tech ,should just let him take that game off .

Warriors play the nugget both team dealing with injury.
Lac going to give the number 1 or 2 seed a run for their money with Powell and pg13 returning .

Let see where the injury bug handicap strike this post season .

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
NBA: 20/30 teams in the postseason
MLB: 12/30 teams in the postseason
NHL: 16/32 teams in the postseason
NFL: 14/32 teams in the postseason

It should never be more than half. Otherwise the regular season is meaningless.

Ignoring that your 50% rule is completely arbitrary (and that the NBA and NHL were 16/28 for ages) and that people have bitched every time they've expanded any league's playoff system as though it would destroy the sanctity of the game (even though it nearly always makes it better), when you play 82 games, the regular season is already meaningless. Not as comically fucking worthless as the baseball regular season or best-of-7 in the first round but meaningless nonetheless. By game 60 of every season, 6-8 teams are tanking, a third of the league's stars are either injured or taking games off to avoid injury and we can guess with pretty stunning accuracy who will be in the finals just about every year at that point. So yeah... the NBA has been doing a stellar job rendering the regular season meaningless for the last 40 years.

Basketball is already a foregone conclusion most of the time. An 8-seed can beat a 1-seed in hockey any year (and pretty much does). Wild-card teams go to the Super Bowl like every other year. But there's no hot goalie in basketball and when you play best-of-7 every round, there's very little room for surprises. An 8-seed has beaten a 1-seed once in the last twenty years in the NBA.

The least they can do is provide a modicum of drama before those 7/8 teams get blown the fuck out in a boring, seemingly endless first round series destined for NBA TV.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
First round in the NBA should go back to best of 5 at the very least. Remember when the Nuggets upset the SuperSonics in the first round in 1994? Heck, if 2003 was still the best of 5 format in the first round the Magic would've beat the Pistons.

Fygee

20 Year Member
First round in the NBA should go back to best of 5 at the very least. Remember when the Nuggets upset the SuperSonics in the first round in 1994? Heck, if 2003 was still the best of 5 format in the first round the Magic would've beat the Pistons.
It was epic, and a big reason why they changed it to a 7 game format for the first round. The memory of Mutumbo laughing and lying on the ground holding onto the basketball is disbelief is forever seared into my brain.

Only other major 1/8 seed upset I can recall is the "We Believe" Warriors beating the Mavericks in 08. That shit was nuts.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Knicks vs Heat 98/99

Knicks went to the finals as 8th.

That was the weird strike season though where they only played like 50 games and Ewing and Spree were both hurt for stretches. Which kinda proves my point... the one year they actually played a non-stupid number of games, there was some actual unpredictability. Plus the Heat were a soft 1-seed.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Hornets and Spurs were shown the door.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Hornets and Spurs were shown the door.
Yeah CJ played like 40 min and they still manage to get closed at the 4th , just to show pops is a great coach , if he want to coach another year with the young core SA can make a moved in the off season and the draft. And they are back in playoff mode .

Fygee

20 Year Member
I'm betting on the Pels and Hawks to win tonight. We'll see how that shakes out.

Just read Paul George is out tonight due to COVID protocols. Clips are screwed.

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Cleveland chokes....again.

Just need Denver and the Clippers to get bounced and all will be good