NBA season 21/22

claybay1

n00b
really expected more from the warriors in terms of diversity of offense, tatum vs curry is interesting but cant continue like this. horford is probably the 2nd most dangerous player on celtics but has not really had a game yet. game 2 was more like what you expect from them tho. sportsbetting3.com has boston behind but will be interesting to see how they play in the garden.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Depending on the severity of Curry's injury, I think the Celtics got this Larry O'Brien trophy.

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Depending on the severity of Curry's injury, I think the Celtics got this Larry O'Brien trophy.

Sad to say but you might be right. But if they can cut down on taking bad look shots at 3 and cutdown on careless turnovers they have a chance. I love curry but he can be careless with the ball. Poole as well. Half hearted passes Are killing em too.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Al harford entire weight was on curry’s ankle …. Like he was doing a spin with his ass on top on curry’s leg you can see the light under it from the replay . Warriors had a chance to try to get a centre in the trade deadline and decided not to , also their ages is showing as green is old and huffing and puffing again the younger Celtic players , they might not get back to the final next year with a healthy clippers team . Is the warriors willing to go pass the $350 million in salary and taxes to add or they trade down and moved a couple of big contracts?

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Al harford entire weight was on curry’s ankle …. Like he was doing a spin with his ass on top on curry’s leg you can see the light under it from the replay . Warriors had a chance to try to get a centre in the trade deadline and decided not to , also their ages is showing as green is old and huffing and puffing again the younger Celtic players , they might not get back to the final next year with a healthy clippers team . Is the warriors willing to go pass the $350 million in salary and taxes to add or they trade down and moved a couple of big contracts?

We’ll your definitely right but I think they have a rookie center named Wiseman that’s just been injured the last two years. The drafted #2 in the first round. When he plays he is amazing… that is when he plays.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
We’ll your definitely right but I think they have a rookie center named Wiseman that’s just been injured the last two years. The drafted #2 in the first round. When he plays he is amazing… that is when he plays.
I see this season as a missed opportunity warriors didn’t think they would be to the finals so they didn’t want to make a move in the trade deadline , as for wiseman he is good, but inexperience not good enough to anchor them , even Robin Lopez would have been better back up if they can get em during trade deadline . Or they activate wiseman and try to play him in the playoff now the risk would be like the Celtic playing Williams( and the ptsd from the KD and klay injury in the last run) . Celtic are definitely risking Robert William career for playing him like this , he is not a 100% So short term gains and improve the championship odds . But probably shorten his playing career( like Thomas).

Sublimewls

New Challenger
I see this season as a missed opportunity warriors didn’t think they would be to the finals so they didn’t want to make a move in the trade deadline , as for wiseman he is good, but inexperience not good enough to anchor them , even Robin Lopez would have been better back up if they can get em during trade deadline . Or they activate wiseman and try to play him in the playoff now the risk would be like the Celtic playing Williams( and the ptsd from the KD and klay injury in the last run) . Celtic are definitely risking Robert William career for playing him like this , he is not a 100% So short term gains and improve the championship odds . But probably shorten his playing career( like Thomas).

Im sure Williams is a 100% willing participant. But I am surprised they are playing him though. I missed a fair amount of the regular season only watching it sporadically. But I agree they probably could have done something during the trade deadline. But I think your right that they didn’t plan on being in the playoffs let alone the finals.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Nuggets made a trade with OKC today.

Going out:
JaMychal Green
2027 (protected) first round draft pick

Coming back:
2022 first round draft pick (#30)
2023 2nd round draft pick
2024 2nd round draft pick
8.2M in cap space
luxury tax trade exception

Good trade. Green didn't fit on this team at all.

Still to trade:
Jeff Green
Will Barton
Monte Morris (hate to see him go, but Jamal Murray and Bones Hyland gotta be the two point guards next year)

Don't re-sign:
Facundo Campazzo
Markus Howard
Vlatko Cancar
Bryn Forbes

Try to re-sign:
DeMarcus Cousins
Davon Reed
Austin Rivers

Acquire via trade/draft/free agency:
-perimeter defense
-3 point shooting
-shot blocking
-more size in general across the 2, 3, and 4 positions

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Tatum taking a giant shit on his home floor is a fitting end to Boston's season.

Fuck Celtics fans. Congrats to the Dubs.

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Uohhh Curry is near to fullfill his one hand fingers with champion rings.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Warriors win another one. Whoopee.

100proof

10 Year Member
When you consider the alternative, I'll gladly take another plate of Curry.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
It was a closed game than I liked but the warriors side pull it out. The turnover in the 4th started to scare me
This year championship was probably the unexpected one. Don’t think management was putting them going to win it . Probably why no move made in the trade deadline. A showing of old Draymond the 3 headed monster in game 5/6 , steph carried most of the weight on this one on his shoulders , klay need to work hard this off season to get his grove back .

Everyone said warriors are the highest paid team but they are definitely worth it. And rewarded for their loyalty. warriors that could’ve been upgraded for the same money , management have decide to paid the home grown talents and taxes on top and build on it .

100proof

10 Year Member
Tatum sucks.

Tatum's a good player. He just fucking choked in the finals. If he's a legit superstar, he'll use that as fire to improve his game in the offseason (learn how to hold on to the damn ball and stop shying away from contact in the paint).

Problem is, this might've been Boston's one shot with this lineup. Milwaukee's a better team and would've beat them with Middleton. Miami could easily pick up another all-star player in the offseason and there are a couple of other teams in the East on the come-up. Tatum and Brown are still only 24/25 so I wouldn't count them out but you never know. Plenty of good players/teams never made it to the Finals or only did once.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Kyrie apparently wants out from the Nets. Definitely saw that coming.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Free agency going to start only July 1st.
Left field predictions ? Knicks looking for bigs moves, don’t think Brunson is worth $110 mil but hey it’s the knicks ..

100proof

10 Year Member
If franchises had business cards, "Overpaying mediocre talent" would be on the Knicks'.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Hell yes.

Nuggets traded Monte Morris and Will Barton to the Wizards for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Ish Smith.

Morris was great for the Nuggets but with a healthy Jamal Murray returning and the rise of Bones Hyland they just ran out of minutes for him.

Will Barton was the longest tenured Nuggets player but his inability to stay healthy, his inconsistent shooting, his refusal to come off the bench, and his poor defense meant it was past time for him to go. The Nuggets were 1-9 in the last 10 playoff games he played and he tried to fight DeMarcus Cousins in the playoffs this year.

KCP gives the Nuggets a massive upgrade for perimeter defense and he's a more consistent three point shooter than Barton as well.

This also opens up enough cap space for the Nuggets to go after another big free agent or make a sign and trade deal. Oladipo is supposed to be a target.

They also need to re-sign Cousins, Rivers, and Reed if possible.