NBA season 21/22

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Phoenix doesn't have enough tradeable assets outside the starting lineup. Any package for KD would have to involve Bridges and most likely all of the Suns' 1st round picks.

Doesn't seem doable/probable, but I'd love to be proven wrong. The Nets need to make a change of some kind.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Lots of picks and quality bench players to be had.

Bridges is, and should be, off the table. Our defense would tank without him, and even worse if Jae is a part of that trade.

Something's going to have to give eventually. The longer this goes, the less leverage the Nets have in trades. They need to just accept that they're going to be rebuilding around Simmons and move on.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rebuilding around Simmons is a depressing future to embrace, but the Nets have to take responsibility for swallowing all those poison pills and try to salvage what they can.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
At least they'll end up with a slew of assets this time. Won't be like when the Celtics had their top 3 pick and got Tatum

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Well shit I hope joe Tsai just take a tax write off, he can afford it and keep KD for the entire term of the contract , kd won’t be winning or playing outside of the nets uniform .

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Tsai could afford to eat the contract but the Nets' salary cap couldn't. You can't have that much cap space tied to a guy that doesn't play.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Nets aren't winning either way. I think the next CBA will be very interesting when billionaires strike back.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Numbers retired league wide
MLB - Jackie Robinson's #42
NHL - Wayne Gretzky's #99
NBA - Bill Russell's #6

That's a hell of a three man list to be on.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
LeBron stays in LA for now:
easy money he’ll get that anywhere more of a business decision . Leaving the option open He might go to the next team that draft brony .

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Why would he go anywhere else? Highest pay and can run his other businesses and make crappy movies in the backyard.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
If he wanted to chase Jordan? He's not winning another ring in LA.
He is 38yrs old, he doesn't have to chase anything anymore. His business empire is so much bigger than his basketball career, I actually don't blame him. Plus, the younger media already proclaimed that LBJ is the GOAT, better than MJ, etc.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Oh I don't disagree.. dude doesn't HAVE to do shit. He's already a Mt. Rushmore guy. Just saying if he wanted to win more rings, he'd go somewhere else.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
MJ is the GOAT, always thought this isn't even for debate. There was no flopping in the 90s. MJ in his prime would outscore anyone nowadays. He played against the Pistons and Knicks when defense was still a thing.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Would it have been possible if LeBron signed with Philly back in 2018 that they'd still be able to hold onto Embiid and Harden? That would've been downright vicious.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Would it have been possible if LeBron signed with Philly back in 2018 that they'd still be able to hold onto Embiid and Harden? That would've been downright vicious.
Harden is a headcase idiot that LeBron would not be able to tolerate. He's as dumb as Kyrie or JR Smith but also fat, lazy, and addicted to strippers.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Whoa don’t need to get desperate…. He got one more shot at it that’s about it nothing to do with age, its how much he can leverage & squeeze management into giving him another shot at a title .

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The problem is his second best player is incapable of staying on the court and it doesn't really matter how much he squeezes. They have no assets (they gave up all of their bench talent to get Westbrook and the next decade of draft picks for AD) and no team is giving them anything worthwhile for Westbrook. People were talking about getting John Wall from Houston and even that was considered a decent haul. Once again, GM LeBron has fucked over on-court LeBron.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The newest generation of superstars seems more willing to commit to a town long term and that's not good news for LeBron and his superteam-building ilk.

Giannis has shown no signs of bailing on Milwaukee, Jokic has shown no signs of bailing on Denver, Lillard has remained extremely loyal to Portland, etc. 15 years ago stars couldn't wait to get out of towns like those.