NBA Season 22/23

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
That's a big fucking "if": Lebron is 38 and AD is made of glass.

Even then though, I find it hard to believe they'd be able to win 4 consecutive road series against teams with superior depth without a significant upgrade at the deadline.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Even then though, I find it hard to believe they'd be able to win 4 consecutive road series against teams with superior depth without a significant upgrade at the deadline.
Their depth is fine for the playoffs. When they have had a full line up this year they have gone toe to toe with the front running teams no problem. They were able to handle Boston quite easily a couple of days ago, team with the best record. Their downfall at the moment is not playing D (like everyone really) and poor 3 point shooting.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
According to the NBA itself, the Nuggets get hosed by the refs more than any other team (at least within the last 2 minutes of games):
Fn6arrjXoCEpHkX

Lakers never stop bitching even though they get the most help.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Dallas needed some locker room cancer.

Nets
  • Spencer Dinwiddie
  • Dorian Finney-Smith
  • 2027 second-round pick
  • 2029 first-round pick (unprotected)
  • 2029 second round-pick
Mavericks
  • Kyrie Irving

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Talking about giving everything but the kitchen sink :tickled:

100proof

10 Year Member
That's actually not much for an all-star caliber player but yeah, Kyrie's not your typical all-star caliber player.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Dallas will now score 180 points a game but concede 200.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
That's actually not much for an all-star caliber player but yeah, Kyrie's not your typical all-star caliber player.
maybe, but i think kyrie is basically the nbas equivalent of antonio brown. this is likely to end up as a dumpster fire. the price was probably appropriate, probably more generous than the nets should've expected.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Kyrie's stats look good, but he doesn't help you win (with the lone exception of LBJ). If Luka can distribute to Kyrie, it could work but given how ball dominant they both are, I am anticipating a dumpster fire by end of the year.

100proof

10 Year Member
It will absolutely be a dumpster fire and Antonio Brown is an apt comparison. If I ran a team, I would tell the owner to go fuck himself if he suggested bringing Kyrie in. If he hadn't hit that game-winning 3 in the Finals, he'd be conspiracy theory Steve Francis and probably be out of the league.

All that said, he's an all-star caliber player and in a 5-man sport, people are much more willing to give a shitty person as many opportunities as possible if there's any chance he can help them win (unlike in football, where one guy rarely makes a huge impact outside of the QB position).

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Kyrie gonna Kyrie. Dinwiddie is a solid player, good enough to be a 3rd or 4th option on most teams. Seems like overpayment for a guy with so many issues and on the wrong side of 30. Biggest issue to me is as already stated tho, both effectively play point. If they can find a way to make it work and with Wood as a #3 scorer instead of #2, that makes them a contender in wide open west.

I don't like the trade for the Mavs, but at the same time, I wouldn't be shocked if they made the finals now, so...yeah.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
They're not going to win in the playoffs. They were already a horrible defensive team and trading Finney-Smith and Dinwiddie for Kyrie makes them far, far worse. The only guy on their roster that can cover anybody is Hardaway Jr.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm glad the Suns' attempt to trade for him failed. Kyrie is basketball poison.

Enjoy a half-season of some fairly decent play out of him before he bails for LA next season.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
The Kyrie trade is merely the opening act in the KD trade main event. This week is gonna be a media frenzy no matter the outcome. I can't wait to see how much teams are willing to give up for a guy that's admittedly super talented but who's never been able to carry a team on his own.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
They're not going to win in the playoffs. They were already a horrible defensive team and trading Finney-Smith and Dinwiddie for Kyrie makes them far, far worse. The only guy on their roster that can cover anybody is Hardaway Jr.
doncic > jokic
don't worry. this changes nothing. everything will be fine and the nugs will have an early playoff exit.

100proof

10 Year Member
The Kyrie trade is merely the opening act in the KD trade main event. This week is gonna be a media frenzy no matter the outcome. I can't wait to see how much teams are willing to give up for a guy that's admittedly super talented but who's never been able to carry a team on his own.

I'm not a huge KD guy (he seems like kind of a sensitive bitch and he can't stay on the court) but the dude averaged 35/8/5 in the Finals and was the best player on one of the best teams of the last 25 years. He's not exactly Kyrie coasting on one shot for the last 5 years. No one carries a team to the title by themselves. Not Bird. Not Magic. Not Jordan. Not LeBron. KD's problem is putting his faith in guys like Westbrook and Kyrie when he could've just stayed in Oakland and collected rings until he retired (assuming he could get along with Draymond).

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'm not a huge KD guy (he seems like kind of a sensitive bitch and he can't stay on the court) but the dude averaged 35/8/5 in the Finals and was the best player on one of the best teams of the last 25 years. He's not exactly Kyrie coasting on one shot for the last 5 years. No one carries a team to the title by themselves. Not Bird. Not Magic. Not Jordan. Not LeBron. KD's problem is putting his faith in guys like Westbrook and Kyrie when he could've just stayed in Oakland and collected rings until he retired (assuming he could get along with Draymond).

The Warriors were already a Finals team without KD, though. You're right he should have stayed there if he wanted to win championships, but these guys always have something to prove. He couldn't get there with Russ in his prime or with Harden/Irving and a bunch of talented vets backing him up. I'm just getting ready for him to not work out in the next perfect situation, whether that's with the Suns, Celtics, Raptors, or elsewhere. Although if he does end up on the Celtics with Tatum, they're really going to have to find a way to screw things up and not win a championship.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
When did Tim Hardaway Jr. start playing defense? I only know him from his Knicks tenures and he wasn't even an average defender. He scored and that's it.

It's a moving goal post.

His defense in Dallas is considered good, but it is not good defense.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
yeah, my opinion of KD has dropped a lot over the years. even when he went to golden state, i didn't fault him much for it. chase that ring. i didn't even care he dissed the wizards during that free agency period...i totally understand why he doesn't wanna come back to DC lol. he's just been such a passive aggressive bitch throughout the last several years.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
yawn, 3point line and handicap defense made this possible.