NBA Season 22/23

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
@famicommander , you know this shit is why nobody here likes you, right..... Fuck, enjoy your team winning, most people will as well (including myself). But, gloating like this is gross. Denver is going to win, we get it.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
d641af92060e2c2f541bfebec925a472.jpg

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Nugs in 5.

My predictions so far this playoffs were
Nugs in 5 over Wolves (correct)
Nugs in 6 over Suns (correct)
Nugs in 5 over Lakers (actually Nugs in 4)
what were your predictions for the nugs last year? what was your prediction for the broncos last year too?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
what were your predictions for the nugs last year? what was your prediction for the broncos last year too?
My prediction for the Nugs last year was that they'd lose in the first round to the Warriors because Murray and Porter were out and they had half a dozen guys that aren't even in the NBA anymore playing double digit games for them last year (Facundo Campazzo, Markus Howard, Petr Cornelie, Davon Reed, Bryn Forbes, DeMarcus Cousins).

My prediction for the Broncos was laughably bad and I accept all ridicule that comes with it. I thought we were getting Russell Wilson, not Akili Smith dressed up like Russell Wilson.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Heat steal one in Denver during one of their patented second half surges. Next two in Miami on Wednesday and Friday, then they head back to Denver on Monday, June 12th, then if necessary, Thursday the 15th in Miami and Sunday the 18th in Denver. They sure get a lot of extra rest days during the Finals, don't they?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Heat steal one in Denver during one of their patented second half surges. Next two in Miami on Wednesday and Friday, then they head back to Denver on Monday, June 12th, then if necessary, Thursday the 15th in Miami and Sunday the 18th in Denver. They sure get a lot of extra rest days during the Finals, don't they?
I wonder if the schedule would be the same if two teams like Memphis and Atlanta played in the Finals. I understand needing some rest when you're making the cross country flights, but if it's close by you'd think it'd give them more flexibility.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
I wonder if the schedule would be the same if two teams like Memphis and Atlanta played in the Finals. I understand needing some rest when you're making the cross country flights, but if it's close by you'd think it'd give them more flexibility.
A day or 2 in between is reasonable and they have to work with the Stanley cup tv schedule .

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
No they don't. Most of the country doesn't watch hockey
NHL certainly shot themselves in the foot with their new TV contracts, too. Having the Stanley Cup Finals be exclusive to TNT every other year will certainly NOT expand interest.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
NHL certainly shot themselves in the foot with their new TV contracts, too. Having the Stanley Cup Finals be exclusive to TNT every other year will certainly NOT expand interest.
Even though they're showing each finals game on TNT, TBS and TruTV at the same time.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Even though they're showing each finals game on TNT, TBS and TruTV at the same time.
I agree. It just seems like such a step backward to be the only one of the four major pro sports leagues in North America to have their championship round not be broadcast on OTA television. Of course, it'll be back on ABC next year, but in two years again it'll be exclusive to TNT.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I miss the good old days when there was NBA on NBC. Forget just the Finals, they aired the entire playoffs and basically said "fuck you" to any scheduled show that got in the way of it.

Plus that fire John Tesh theme song.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I miss the good old days when there was NBA on NBC. Forget just the Finals, they aired the entire playoffs and basically said "fuck you" to any scheduled show that got in the way of it.

Plus that fire John Tesh theme song.
I was watching clips of the 1976 NBA Finals between the Phoenix Suns and the Boston Celtics. I cannot believe they actually showed some of the games on tape delay:

"Tape delay games were the norm, and during the 1976 NBA Finals, Game 3 in Phoenix had tipped off, at the insistence of CBS, at 10:30 local time on a Sunday morning so the network wouldn’t miss any of the final round of the PGA’s Memorial Open."

Source: Sports Illustrated

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Don’t think Miami can keep shooting close to 50% on 3s in next game , But they have home advantage for the next 2 games . Jimmy buckets going for 35 + , they can give joker 40+ but keep the rest of the team in check .

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I was watching clips of the 1976 NBA Finals between the Phoenix Suns and the Boston Celtics. I cannot believe they actually showed some of the games on tape delay:

"Tape delay games were the norm, and during the 1976 NBA Finals, Game 3 in Phoenix had tipped off, at the insistence of CBS, at 10:30 local time on a Sunday morning so the network wouldn’t miss any of the final round of the PGA’s Memorial Open."

Source: Sports Illustrated
Wild to think about today, but not surprising. No internet to spoil it for you if it aired later in the day.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The Suns will waive Paul, Bleacher Report’s Chris Haynes reported Wednesday. The move will officially make Paul a free agent this offseason and end his three-year stint with the Suns.

Paul, 38, averaged a career-low 13.9 points, 8.9 assists and 4.3 rebounds last season with the Suns. He helped them to the Western Conference semifinals this season, but they fell in that round to the Denver Nuggets. Since then, the Suns fired coach Monty Williams and replaced him with former Los Angeles Lakers coach Frank Vogel.

Paul had two years left on his four-year, $120 million deal.
The 12-time All-Star and former Rookie of the Year is sure to be a high-profile free agent this summer even as he’s entering the final stage of his playing career. While he’s sure to be a Hall of Famer eventually, Paul has never won an NBA title. He got the Suns to the NBA Finals in his first season there, but they fell to the Milwaukee Bucks.

According to Haynes, Paul plans to play “several more years” in the league before retiring.
It’s unclear who will move to land the veteran point guard in the coming months, though there are sure to be plenty of teams interested.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Nuggets take a 2-1 series lead with a 109-94 victory over the Heat in Miami.