nectarsis, don't deal with him.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
So about 3 and a half weeks ago I purchased an item from nectarsis and paid using paypal. After he received the payment I stopped getting any sort of communication. I sent him a message about 1 week ago to ask him about it and I still have no response. I opened up a paypal dispute today.

I know he has been a member for a couple years and has had positive transactions before, but this bothers me. I am not the only user that has an open paypal dispute with him at this time either.

I spent less than $50 on it so it's not a huge deal. But that's enough to fill my car up for a little over a week.

Even if he isn't a scammer, I recommend staying away from him. This lack of communication and no product as of yet is bullshit.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Update: After filing a paypal dispute I received a message saying that the item was misplaced for a while due to construction in his house and that it will be shipped tomorrow.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Adam, last time I talked to him he was doing some remodeling on his house. I've never had any issues, and he is a great guy to deal with. Not sure what was up with you're latest deal with him but he is an honest guy, and I'm sure you guys will work something out.

(He's just drinking away the pain of Favre playing for the Vikings, that's all.
j/k bro, talk to you soon :p)

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
Adam, last time I talked to him he was doing some remodeling on his house. I've never had any issues, and he is a great guy to deal with. Not sure what was up with you're latest deal with him but he is an honest guy, and I'm sure you guys will work something out.

(He's just drinking away the pain of Favre playing for the Vikings, that's all.
j/k bro, talk to you soon :p)

I totally agree with this post. I did a number of deals with nec and they've all turned out more than awesome. I think you can trust that he's not trying to rip you off or scam you. (Though he is getting a tad bit senile in his old age :lolz:)

Spectre

Banned
Okay well I've kept quiet as long as I can. I'm the other "user that has an open paypal dispute with him at this time".

I bought and paid for via paypal a phantasy star online guide from nectarsis. Payment was sent on 9th May. The deal is fast approaching 2 months old and I still have nothing to show for the deal. Here's the entire lowdown.

9th May - Payment sent.
12th May - Nectarsis' promised postage date.
6th June - PM sent to nectarsis saying it had not been recieved, no response.
12th June - PM sent to nectarsis again asking for an update. From his profile page he had logged in multiple times since the previous PM, but no response. Paypal dispute threatened.
13th June - PM from nectarsis "Well as it hasn't arrived I will refund your $ ASAP (waiting on a damage claim to clear up)". Paypal dispute opened in an attempt to hold him to his ASAP promise.
22nd June - Still no refund. Apparently "ASAP" does not mean in the next 9 days. Another PM sent and another message posted on paypal asking for an update.
22nd June - PM from nectarsis "ok I assume it's lost/stollen... I see the Paypal claim...it shall be taken care of prob Wed as I have a damage claim to fix...sorry again".
24th June - PM sent asking if my refund will be done today as promised. No response.

Here's where I'm at. I have no evidence that the guide has ever been sent. Nectarsis has been slow to respond to my concerns and although he has promised a refund he has repeatedly stalled on actually issuing one. I find his references to a damages claim rather laughable, as we're talking about $12.50 here. Anyone who can't affoard to refund such a small amount shouldn't be selling on web forums imo.

I don't lightly accuse anyone of foul play and I am not doing so here, however, a 2 month wait with no goods and no refund clearly isn't good enough.

Nectarsis you have 24 hours from the point of this post (also being sent via PM) to issue me a refund. After that I escalate the paypal dispute to a claim. I feel I have been more than patient with you.

Spectre

Banned
Escalated to a claim. Regardless of the reasons, this has been a terrible transaction. Nectarsis is slow to respond to communication, if he responds at all, does not stick to his own deadlines and seems unreliable at best. I will not deal with him again.

quoth09

War Room Troll
I have dealt with Nectarsis as well a few times, and no problems other than minor holding and certain date for payment issues. Nothing like systmdfect and Spectre are talking about though obviously, then again I occasionally talk to the guy directly.

I just spoke to him a moment ago and told him that he should post on here as it makes him look bad if he doesn't, so hopefully he does.

Either way, he stated he has been responding via PM, and that Paypal has frozen Spectre's refund due to another transaction he has had on another forum related to Transformers figures and damage, and the buyer in that transaction refuses to close the claim, even though the replacement package has arrived already.

Apparently the guide that Spectre purchased got lost in the mail (US to UK), which I have had happen to me before as well on transactions.

As for systmdfect's CD, he stated the same as what systmdfect did; it was misplaced for a period due to some construction. Not clear on if this has been sent out yet or not, I forgot to ask. I'm going to assume so as systmdfect hasn't posted anything else about it.

I hope whatever happens here gets resolved. I know Nectarsis has supposedly been having some personal issues here as of late on many fronts, so I'm going to take that into account in all of this.

Nectarsis, seriously post here, it makes you look bad if you don't, regardless of what is going on in your life, and gives you a bad rep if you ignore situations like this. This forum is for resolutions, don't let your rep go to shit over a measly $12 and whatever else. ;)

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Another update

I have not received any communication about shipment or a tracking number. I have sent him a message saying that if he hasn't shipped it to just refund me. If I get no response by Friday I am going to initiate a claim.

No matter what his reasons are, IT DOES NOT TAKE OVER A MONTH TO GET YOUR ASS TO THE POST OFFICE!

If my package is not received by Friday this guy needs to be added to the list of known scammers.

Spectre

Banned
He has said it was posted and must be lost, I have no reason to disbelieve him but in the same breath I've seen no proof of postage. However, thats not the issue for me, the issue is his lack of communication. Since he's had my money he has been very slow to communicate with me, often needing several PMs etc before he will respond, then when he does respond he tells me very little. If there is a legitimate reason why he can't refund me $12.50 right now I would probably be ok with it, presuming he actually bothered to explain the situation to me. All he has offered is a few vague deadlines like "probably wednesday" and vague references to a "damage claim".

This thread has been here 10 days and he's not responded yet. I've even PM'd him the url to the thread and had no response. I think that just about sums up his level of communication. Sometimes shit just goes wrong, but as long as you keep people up to speed most folks will cut you some slack. I had my paypal dispute open for a month before escalating and he didn't post a single message.

Oh and guess what:- Last Activity: Today 03:54 AM

I'm sure he'll pop up at some point and argue black is white about when he last logged on, just like he did last time I pointed it out to him. The longer this goes on the greater my suspicion that the real story is he had some shit going on in his real life, decided to sell some stuff to make a quick buck, didn't actually ship any of it and has LIED THROUGH HIS TEETH ABOUT IT EVER SINCE.

Last edited:

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I finally received a shipment notification today. Says it was accepted into the system at 12:50 PM on July 1.

Spectre

Banned
Paypal ended my claim yesterday, finding in my favour and refunding me.

Still no word from nectarsis on the matter. Negative feedback left.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS TIMEWASTING DEADBEAT. Whatever the reasons, no deal goes this wrong unless the seller is responsible.

Last edited:

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I received my item yesterday. No idea why it took so long just to send it out. I was debating on leaving either neutral or negative. But the lack of communication is probably going to send me towards the negative direction.

G-Mantle

False Accuser, ITG
I feel like there is a need to revive this epic topic. You see I had a bad history with Nectarsis when I used to post at the PCEngineFX.com forums. He offered me a PC Engine Duo-RX with a S-Video mod for a bargain price of $200. I gave him the money via PayPal. I waited, waited, and waited for a few months. Then I had to remind the idiot that I was waiting for the machine. He then gave me a sob story how his aunt was very sick and he had too much on his shoulder and a bunch of other obvious BS and that he was going to finally ship to system to me. I waited for yet another month. My package finally came. I opened the box up and I saw the Duo-RX was not only yellowed but it had cracks on the sides of the system. I hooked up the system, turned the power on, and what happened? The machine was set on fire and I had to run to my hallway and grab the extinguisher to douse the flames on my dresser. Then, I made a topic on PCEFX about how Nectarsis is a con-artist. His boyfriends stuck up to him and I was banned within minutes. They may call themeselves the "elite social circle" of the gaming community but what I really see is GameFAQs with adults. It is so sad.

Last edited:

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I hooked up the system, turned the power on, and what happened? The machine was set on fire and I had to run to my hallway and grab the extinguisher to douse the flames on my dresser. .

Sounds like you got a hot deal!!!:blow_top::very_ang:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Sellers like he should be black flagged right away. If you can't send out the items in timely fashion, then you should advise the buyer, and not accept the payment till you could send it out.

I understand that shit happens, and stuff gets misplaced, but as a seller its your responsibility to advise the buyer and let him know that you misplaced the item and if he either wants to wait or if he wants to be issued a refund till he finds his item. 2 months is unacceptable.

Last edited:

G-Mantle

False Accuser, ITG
Sellers like he should be black flagged right away. If you can't send out the items in timely fashion, then you should advise the buyer, and not accept the payment till you could send it out.

I understand that shit happens, and stuff gets misplaced, but as a seller its your responsibility to advise the buyer and let him know that you misplaced the item and if he either wants to wait or if he wants to be issued a refund till he finds his item. 2 months is unacceptable.

I agree. I just don't understand why some people are so irresponsible. If someone is going to sell something to someone across the country, they better make sure they send the item to the person ASAP regardless of what is going on with them IRL. Also they better make sure they post pictures of the item so people will know what they are paying for.

nectarsis

Quiz Detective
Ahhhhhhhh Ninny bumping a thread from damnnear a year and a half ago just to slander me. I have NEVER dealt with G-Mantle/Nintega (a member who has been banned on Digital Press, PCEFX, Youtube, etc,). A person that e-stalks people on Youtube thru dozens of alt accts...follows people to their blogs, Facebook accounts. I guess I can add him joining Neo Geo to attempt to slander me with baseles lies. Funny to I have never even owned a Duo R or RX, much less sold one.

If anyone actually cares, pop over to PCEFX.com and find out the REAL deal with theis asshat.

G-Mantle

False Accuser, ITG
Ahhhhhhhh Ninny bumping a thread from damnnear a year and a half ago just to slander me. I have NEVER dealt with G-Mantle/Nintega (a member who has been banned on Digital Press, PCEFX, Youtube, etc,). A person that e-stalks people on Youtube thru dozens of alt accts...follows people to their blogs, Facebook accounts. I guess I can add him joining Neo Geo to attempt to slander me with baseles lies. Funny to I have never even owned a Duo R or RX, much less sold one.

If anyone actually cares, pop over to PCEFX.com and find out the REAL deal with theis asshat.

LOL not only he scams people, he lies too. Take my advice guys. Don't buy from him EVER.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
LOL not only he scams people, he lies too. Take my advice guys. Don't buy from him EVER.

G-Mantle, when did you purchase the Duo RX with S-Video mod from nectarsis?
It would be helpful if you could dig up the following information:

(1) The paypal transaction date
(2) The paypal email of nectarsis and the exact amount you paid
(3) Any pictures of the damaged PC Engine Duo RX?
(4) The original sales thread made by nectarsis at pcenginefx.com?
(5) Any email or PM communication between you and nectarsis.

Thx

G-Mantle

False Accuser, ITG
G-Mantle, when did you purchase the Duo RX with S-Video mod from nectarsis?
It would be helpful if you could dig up the following information:

(1) The paypal transaction date
(2) The paypal email of nectarsis and the exact amount you paid
(3) Any pictures of the damaged PC Engine Duo RX?
(4) The original sales thread made by nectarsis at pcenginefx.com?
(5) Any email or PM communication between you and nectarsis.

Thx

1&2 - Sorry. I refuse to share my PayPal information to anyone since a certain someone here can't be trusted.

3. My Duo-RX was thrown out after the fire.

4. I am currently banned at PCEFX. I can't see it.

5. I deleted them ages ago. I always clean out my emails.

But......

I do have pics of the damaged games he gave me hoping that I would forgive him for being a terrible seller....

GEDC0305.jpg

GEDC0306.jpg

:very_ang::very_ang::very_ang:BUBBLE WRAP FAIL:very_ang::very_ang::very_ang:

I was all prepared to think the guy was a scammer, but you shouldn't come forward like that with such bad evidence man. That looks suspicious itself.