Ned Flanders and Mr Burns depart The Simpsons

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i saw this. could a be tough loss.

also voices: (stupid sexy) flanders, skinner, otto, lenny, rev lovejoy, kent brockman, scratchy, and a ton of other minor characters.

also king snorky.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
How are they going to keep the show going without Harry Shearer? He voices so many important characters. They will have to get somebody else to voice the characters (which they normally don't do).

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Why would anyone leave a gig like that under their own volition?

I can't imagine it is extremely demanding and probably paid well.

Bah

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sure, but dude is 71 years old, he probably just wants to retire. I'm sure he's got gobs of money at this point.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Why would anyone leave a gig like that under their own volition?

I can't imagine it is extremely demanding and probably paid well.

Bah
Maybe he wants to make another Spinal Tap movie.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The Simpsons are long overdue for an end anyway. The show has been crap for a very long time now. Calling myself a superfan of the 90's episodes, I can easily say I haven't seen a current episode in easily 10 years, the guys I know that still watch it never have anything good to say about it...

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
The Simpsons are long overdue for an end anyway. The show has been crap for a very long time now. Calling myself a superfan of the 90's episodes, I can easily say I haven't seen a current episode in easily 10 years, the guys I know that still watch it never have anything good to say about it...

This but I'll add I watched the tribute to Miyazaki episode from last season or the season before and it was the most unfunniest thing I've ever seen including anything with Tina Fey and Dane Cook

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Simpsons had a really great and amazing run, however all good things must come to an end. We are on Season 26 with a 27th season hinted at by Al Jean, to be honest it just needs to die already. Mixed feelings from the fan base on it say its lost its edge long ago and put a baseline of the good episodes ending at seasons 7-8. Think about it these actors have been tied up on and off for certain number of years possibly all of the 26 years its time they moved on let it die already, sure there will be sadness in its farewell but its long over due.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
He didn't want to sign the contract that everyone else on the show signed. His problem with it was that they forbid side work.... it could be that they don't want the actors to kill their voice doing other things, or more likely they don't want to have to work around other schedules to get the episodes done.

From his twitter - "This because I wanted what we've always had: the freedom to do other work."

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
The show just needs to end. Its just not funny or interesting anymore. I have watch a few of the newer episodes here and there, and they just don't have it anymore. It must still be making money though for it to still be on the air.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
The show just needs to end. Its just not funny or interesting anymore. I have watch a few of the newer episodes here and there, and they just don't have it anymore. It must still be making money though for it to still be on the air.

In my mind it ended quite a long time ago.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
They should have just ended it off with The Movie. They had a lot of the original writers back, they could tell more lewd jokes and it wasn't that bad. I can't see them doing the show without his characters and having other people try to do soundalike's. It wouldn't be the same. I know the shows a huge money maker for Fox but with this I think it's time to just let it end. If they do one more movie with the whole cast and the original writers I think that'd be the best way to end the whole thing then to try to keep it going without Harry.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
i saw this. could a be tough loss.

also voices: (stupid sexy) flanders, skinner, otto, lenny, rev lovejoy, kent brockman, scratchy, and a ton of other minor characters.

also king snorky.

ng001.png

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
oh god lenny

ILvVI75.jpg

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,

This, totally. I can't remember the last time I watched. When I saw this thread I was all like, "That's still on the air?" It blows my mind that it's still on having premiered when I was in the sixth freaking grade. Sheesh.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Harry Fuckin Shearer is leaving The Simpsons?

They're done. I've stuck through them through years of people going "Simpsons has sucked since the 90's!" and still thought that they were putting out good episodes for the most part, but Harry Shearer leaving? No. Next, Hank Azaria will leave and they'll be down to all of like 3 original character voices, considering Harry and Hank do like 90% of the voices between the two of them.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
The show has sucked for the last 15+ years. End it.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
How long has The Simpsons been on? I still remember the episodes with Steve Allen and Bob Hope. Now THAT'S old!!!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
these voice actors have been cocky for a long time. Granted they needed to get some points after a decade, but they are paid plenty well to read scripts now.