Need Help Sourcing Parts.....

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
hm, I read somewhere that people often use the "clips" from plastic (slide) binders... hope you know what I mean.

573-1.jpg

That's a fantastic idea.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That's what I've used. Locally they only sell them in multi color packs, which sucks.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Fine with me,I should be able to find a red one. Iirc OfficeMax sells then for a couple of bucks for a five pack.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Thanks again xsq, got some report covers from Office Depot and it is perfect when cut to size with a dremel.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389061029764.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389061029764.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 228

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
That's what I've used. Locally they only sell them in multi color packs, which sucks.

I've used that on my CMVS. I actually got the idea from you, Sifu. I got some from a scrap crafting store for 10 cents.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Thanks again xsq, got some report covers from Office Depot and it is perfect when cut to size with a dremel.
glad I could help, but I was just faster than the other guys ;) Looks aces man.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi

I am looking for an original AES BIOS to replace the UniBIOS on my AES board 3-6. Since I bought the Magic MVS converter, it's a PITA to have to press the button on the converter everytime for games to boot.

Thanks!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hi

I am looking for an original AES BIOS to replace the UniBIOS on my AES board 3-6. Since I bought the Magic MVS converter, it's a PITA to have to press the button on the converter everytime for games to boot.

Thanks!

I have some, shoot me a PM.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I have some, shoot me a PM.

Thanks, Xian Xi, however for whatever reason, my account cannot create new threads, view profiles of anybody (including myself) nor send PMs. The shipping would be to the US or Colombia (whichever is cheaper). Also, if you can tell me who can I ask about my account's issues, it would be great :)

Thanks!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thanks, Xian Xi, however for whatever reason, my account cannot create new threads, view profiles of anybody (including myself) nor send PMs. The shipping would be to the US or Colombia (whichever is cheaper). Also, if you can tell me who can I ask about my account's issues, it would be great :)

Thanks!

Contact me on my site: http://www.jamma-nation-x.com

SuperForte

n00b
Need some help figuring out where to get some parts for a arcade stick conversion I am working on.

I am trying to find a good cheap arcade stick I can grab off amazon to modify with sanwa parts.

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Fighting-Stick-V3-Playstation-3/dp/B0057WDBHA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1390752391&sr=8-4&keywords=arcade+stick

as well as this are two ones I found that look interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/Qanba-Q1-PS3-Joystick-Fightstick/dp/B00BXPIO1S/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1390752391&sr=8-7&keywords=arcade+stick

Not sure which arcade stick to purchase though.

Also where is a good online site (not ebay) that sells good parts for modding? I really think all i need is a DB15 female port. A breakout board on it would be nice. The less soldering the better.

Any ideas at all?

fluxcore

Another Striker
Still trying to find a suitable replacement spring for the original AES sticks, the thing is tiny. I know a lot of springs it is NOT, LS32, LS55, LS33, JLF, Ultrastik 360.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Arcade Coin Door Button Lights

Kinda related to parts for sourcing. I ran across an older video on Arcade Repair Tips for Replacing Cabinet Lights I have had mixed recommendations for the correct bulb for the cornlights/button lights.

From previous knowledge I have seen people recommend 194's or 161's for big red cabinets depending on what people can get there hands on to replace them with. The main difference between these two are the 194's run at 3.78 watts while the 161's run at 2.66 watts.

The 194's are roughly going to be about 40% brighter versus the 161's which might be too bright for your cabinet. Both of these bulbs you can buy all day long on the net however, if you need to find them locally your auto shop might carry them since they are also used for instrument cluster panel lighting for older cars.

I prefer the 161's but what ever is available works for some.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Just want to share an inexpensive ($1.24) s-video connector that takes just a little modding:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=104&cp_id=10426&cs_id=1042602&p_id=6557&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

65572.jpg

You basically need a dremel tool with the metal disc blade attachment. Just cut right above the last thread, go around carefully, and you will see the 4 solder contacts to use.

It comes with a nut that holds it place. Now you want a hole slightly smaller than 1/2", I didn't have the correct size so I used my dremel to get this to work just right because the front connector is just slightly bigger than the threads.

Installed pics, note I haven't soldered to the jack yet so that's why there are still colored wires in this pic

xxas.jpg

6s64.jpg

If you have never bought anything from Monoprice, killer deals on A/V cables (HDMI's) and their wall mounts are also legit. If you aren't already a customer sign up using this link and get $5 off your 1st order:

http://u21280.sendgrid.org/wf/click?upn=XIPNX9ZC-2FnVc7NHDPX4UZhTa-2BKq6R3dRrzwRLa2OJt4-3D_zPFujn5wQhj8OGpFP5Q1K0bjKujzBdZDWJqd7I-2BXhOY-2Fk9gdF35uqbXn3XjFpfF2flARuPNzrJmN9aKaWU9Z42VNCzn18VoLwgT4x-2B4uiQrdh9PCz5S-2FuM-2F9gLkn53wLcmWpky5msTunGZVOFjgBDBTX-2Fle38UDBi-2FQO1xYlijQZa0fs-2B12XHcZ0bHYc5pKZOesl7d2r5D-2FMXu2hIz-2BgKPiR3GUYtIyY5r4YJwfgzY7VrGsoCeqFLcTVA5pFsfdP6URuaizoqsIKxIx8XM7ISaJt1d8rNkCiDfVoietmml1gioQtY10X7nIUfMrFTPSk

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi

Anybody here has a DB-15 connector for sale to replace the one on my NeoGeo stick? it's a bean stick, which has the connector filled with hotglue and it has one of the cables broken inside, so I have to replace the connector.

Thanks!

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Hi

I'm trying to build a NeoGeo Memory Card with read led (as schematics are freely available here: https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=Open_hardware_memory_card).

The main problem is, after long journeys trying to find the pc-card 68pin connector, I am unable to find it. I've found many but none with rails to help the insertion. I really like the one NTM uses on his neosavemasta.

Well, I'm lying, found one with rails ( HERE ) but SMD and not straight pins to solder to each side of my PCB. SMD gives less strenght to the insertion and removal.

Can someone enlighten me where to find exact connector?

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Maybe you could ask NeoTrufMasta if he can sell you one or where does he get them? he's a nice guy, I'm pretty sure he'll help you.

Regards.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Anyone got a good source for female SCART connectors in the US?

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Ok, now I'm looking for the male 8 pin DIN connectors for Genesis/SMS. I know they're specific size and differ from the Neo Geo A/V and TG16 controller DIN connectors, which I can source locally. What's the specific size/class/whatever for those?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member