Needing Recommendation on Parts

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
So the previous owners of the Big Red cab I own soldered the connections of some of the sticks and buttons. Is it okay to just nip off the wire, strip it, and put on a new disconnect? Also which gauge of disconnects should I use? Also looking for a good way to mark wires to know which one goes where later on.

As for the sticks and buttons, I'm going with concave IL pushbuttons with Sanwa JLW sticks from ParadiseArcade. I also want to change the gate in the sticks to an octagonal setup. Do I buy the Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal restrictor plate?

Now for the locks, I bought some Happ ones for the coin doors and marquee door. The coin door locks fit just fine, but the marquee locks are where I'm having issues. They're not an exact replacement, so they're slightly wider than the old locks. Also the square part that turns the hook is much smaller on the new lock, so I'm not sure what to do as far as that goes. (I can provide pictures of that later on if needed)

Only other thing I can think of that I'm not sure about is needing a memory card slot decal, since I'm going to be sandblasting and powdercoating the control panel.

Also, any possibility for touch-up paint for the white lettering on the sides?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
1. Yes it's perfectly fine to cut the wire and connect disconnects. I've seen most jamma harnesses bundle the P1 and P2 wiring together and label it as such. You should not need to change wiring for buttons much unless you're going to change out the CP.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
1. Yes it's perfectly fine to cut the wire and connect disconnects. I've seen most jamma harnesses bundle the P1 and P2 wiring together and label it as such. You should not need to change wiring for buttons much unless you're going to change out the CP.

Okay, good. I don't know why the previous owners soldered directly onto the terminals. You'd think that using disconnects would be easier. Luckily they only did that for one of the joysticks and a few of the buttons, so it shouldn't be much work.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Ya it is just time consuming to snip and desolder it off. My cab came like that as well. Just took a bit of time to put Sta-Kon connectors on them all.