Neo BomberMan cart "RePaired" ?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
How about a pic of the PROG board too?

If both boards have all windowed EPROMs, none that are like the other chips on the board with all plastic bodies with Neo Bomberman's NGH number printed on them, then yes it's a bootleg.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
How about a pic of the PROG board too?

If both boards have all windowed EPROMs, none that are like the other chips on the board with all plastic bodies with Neo Bomberman's NGH number printed on them, then yes it's a bootleg.

only other Photo he offered

$_57.JPG

mikey

Marked Wolf
That's a boot. Based on those pictures, there isn't one maskrom on either board.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
That's a boot. Based on those pictures, there isn't one maskrom on either board.

Thats what I figured, I just wasn't sure if there was some known other possibilities that I was unaware of. Thanks.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I've been in the business since 1982 and I have no idea where you get this information from?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Another day, another bomberman boot :tickled:

Protip, a lot of cheap legit carts were sacrified and converted to rarer games. So whenever you see a SNK logo, don't stop there and check for mask roms.

Don't ever think that a game is legit because there's still 2 or 3 mask roms on it though. You need to check the number written on the mask roms. Some bootleggers don't even bother to remove all the mask roms from the previous game so it could still be a bootleg. Each game has a number. Check the master list to know which number you need to look for. Neo Bomberman is 093 for exemple. If you see a board with 045 written on the mask roms, that means it's a bootleg made out of a Samurai Shodown cart. Hope this helps.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
So, did SNK print only 10 copies or something? Seems like there's legit Neo Bomberman carts are non-existent.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
So, did SNK print only 10 copies or something? Seems like there's legit Neo Bomberman carts are non-existent.

http://www.neostore.com/Neo-Bomberman-Japanese-MVS-cartridge-p/810.htm
http://www.neostore.com/Neo-Bomberman-MVS-Kit-p/892.htm

Neo Bomberman is a japan/korea exclusive so this could explain it's scarcity. It's also a MVS exclusive which means that some carts have been sacrified in order to make AES conversions.

Legit Neo Bomberman boards should look like this:

750px-Neo_bomberman_set1_b1_front.jpg

752px-Neo_bomberman_set1_b2_front.jpg

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
I've been in the business since 1982 and I have no idea where you get this information from?

which info? the legit boards with boots?

Another day, another bomberman boot :tickled:

Protip, a lot of cheap legit carts were sacrified and converted to rarer games. So whenever you see a SNK logo, don't stop there and check for mask roms.

Don't ever think that a game is legit because there's still 2 or 3 mask roms on it though. You need to check the number written on the mask roms. Some bootleggers don't even bother to remove all the mask roms from the previous game so it could still be a bootleg. Each game has a number. Check the master list to know which number you need to look for. Neo Bomberman is 093 for exemple. If you see a board with 045 written on the mask roms, that means it's a bootleg made out of a Samurai Shodown cart. Hope this helps.

I figured the was the case, I had read a bit on it but didn't know to check for the numbers like you explained. Thanks for the clear explanation ill be checking this in future. Also incase anyone is curious i didn't buy this.