Neo Candy Club

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Had a good weekend! Marsteam and I headed on a drive to a small city in the area to pick up some cabs and games in a great and unexpected lot purchase.

These club threads have become a great place to consolidate cab info, so here we are, I figure Neo 25, Neo 29, Neo Candy 25, and Neo Candy 29 are all "in the club"

My cab is a Neo Candy 25, the CP is in rough shape, drilled to 7 buttons, mounting plates removed then drilled for Happ sticks.... :(

Despite some burn, the colors are AMAZING.

Sweet little candy cab!

1000000993.JPG

1000001006.JPG

The plan is to restore or ideally replace the CP and get a 4 slot in there.

Anyone know if repro CPs are available? Or the CPOs?

Bizarre note on this cab.....there is a 2 prong plug in the power supply that the monitor plugs into.

Last edited:

marsteam

, Typey McTypes-a-Lot,
Yeah Neo Candy 25!

Old School Zero2
marsteamneocandy001.jpg

Old School '95
marsteamneocandy002.jpg

Older Slower SF2
marsteamneocandy011.jpg

Look at all the space! Even with the cab being a lot smaller than a typical Astro, they moved the power supply and the coin box out of the way. We can stack 4 or 5 CPS2 boards in there. I bet scgon can fit his Virtua Fighter 2 Model 2 cage in there!
marsteamneocandy003.jpg

Here's a better picture of the layout. Power, test, degauss, etc. are accessible from the coin mechanism door. Such a nice design. As scgon mentioned, just above the service and power switch is the standard 2 prong electrical outlet that powers the monitor!
marsteamneocandy004.jpg

The coin box has a counter.
marsteamneocandy005.jpg

A cool SNK serial number plate located under the control panel, at Player 1's knees; a nice touch!
marsteamneocandy006.jpg

There seems to be a space dedicated to put SNK-sized movestrips UNDER the glass and OVER the monitor bezel where it has the NEO CANDY logo both above and below the monitor. Once I get her cleaned up I'll try to get a movestrip in there; it would be nice to use a movestrip without removing the adhesive backing.
marsteamneocandy007.jpg

A very nice front glass/bezel opening mechanism with a simple notch to auto-lock it upright. No bolts or screws, it swings freely once the control panel is opened. Too bad they didn't include a rotate mechanism, as it would have been so easy and fast to one-man TATE the machine.
marsteamneocandy008.jpg

Under the bezel are the monitor controls. It appears in the picture that the adjustment knobs are easy to access; in reality they are just out of reach and need to be adjusted with a screwdriver or by hand through the main access door underneath.
marsteamneocandy009.jpg

The monitor is a 25" Hitachi. The colour and sharpness are very nice! SvC Chaos looks much more smooth and less pixelly on this 25" Hitachi compared to more typical larger 27" candy CRTs. Though this picture isn't indicative of the monitor's quality, Shin Mr. Karate approves!
marsteamneocandy010.jpg

Much respect and gratitude goes to scgon; thanks for helping me (or is it pushing me?) to get my first candy cab! You really are the man!

Last edited:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Oh yeah, the marquee.... The ugly plexi thing is long gone, but if you remove the metal plate there is a 4 slot mini marquee holder, it just needs the window pane style cover for them.... Fingers crossed on yahoo Japan success for that.... Hopefully the CP/CPO can be sorted on this continent.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Never seen good pics of those cabs. Nice banner and everything to go with the new clube. Very Nice! Come on guys, I wanna see more pics of of others.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
I just got one of these too, but mines the 'neo 25' but looks the same, minus the word candy..How the eff an I gonna open the cp without a key! I got the locks off of the front and found keys to the back tho..but thats it.
I'll get some pics soon but its a dirty beast.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Hey guys.. I've got a Super Neo 29... can I not join this club then...?

superneo.jpg

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
awesome, looks like a rare non ABS type bezel and top speaker frame

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Hey guys.. I've got a Super Neo 29... can I not join this club then...?

superneo.jpg

great cab, man. congrats! That side art looks like its in great shape, & the marquee looks awesome.

Last edited:

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
I sold my Neo 25 about a year ago, so technically I am out of the club. It was a great little cab while I had it

neo25-7.jpg

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
awesome, looks like a rare non ABS type bezel and top speaker frame

Yeah not too sure what I can put in that marquee holder. A standard marquee does not fit and there is nowhere to hold Mini Marquees.
Any ideas...?

SuperNeoMarquee.jpg

Looking at this picture, there should be an SNK Marquee. It looks really cool so would like to track one of them down.

Stock.jpg

Last edited:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Put a 4 slot in mine with a jamma/mvs converter, reworking the CP now then will stereo up the wiring and add a shelf for easy swapping to a Hyper 64 board.

1000001150.JPG

1000001151.JPG

1000001155.JPG

Ka-ToA

n00b
Hi , I'm new here.
Wanna join Neo Candy Club.

I've got her about a year.
Super Neo 29 Candy

Clean her up.
arcade_Neo29_Body06.jpg

arcade_Neo29_GreenButton03.jpg

Shiny Omron Button.

arcade_Neo29_GreenButton05.jpg

Is she pretty , I think so. ^ ^

Arcade_Neo29_001.jpg

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
this just sort of followed me home. can i join?

photocopy-2.jpg