Neo Candy Club

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I spent $20 at RS Components and recapped the power supply in my Super Neo 29 Candy. I wasn't having any problems but at nearly 25 years old I thought it best to replace the caps and make a list/map for anyone else wanting to do it.

I'm aware of a slightly different looking PSU in some of the Super Neo cabinets, maybe the Hyper variant? so this may not be accurate for those supplies.

Not much going on in these units unlike a Sega PSU!

IMG-5178.jpg

IMG-5179.jpg

IMG-5180.jpg

IMG-5181.jpg

Super-Neo29-capmap.png

Oh man that's awesome. That's the same one that's in my neo 25. The constant audio hiss I was having was due to the power supply. I had mine recapped and it solved the audio problems.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
300wins did a cap map for the TCRM25s, and the RM251s cap kit that arcade spare parts uses will work. I have to figure out whats going on with my chassis, but that should help everyone who has one.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
I spent $20 at RS Components and recapped the power supply in my Super Neo 29 Candy. I wasn't having any problems but at nearly 25 years old I thought it best to replace the caps and make a list/map for anyone else wanting to do it.

I'm aware of a slightly different looking PSU in some of the Super Neo cabinets, maybe the Hyper variant? so this may not be accurate for those supplies.

Not much going on in these units unlike a Sega PSU!

IMG-5178.jpg

IMG-5179.jpg

IMG-5180.jpg

IMG-5181.jpg

Super-Neo29-capmap.png

Thanks for the info. The same PSU is used in the NEO19 cabs (not SC-19).

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Does anyone know where to find the little voltage regulator screw control on the Super Neo 29 psu? Some assholes damaged it while moving

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Does anyone know where to find the little voltage regulator screw control on the Super Neo 29 psu? Some assholes damaged it while moving

If you look at the pictures above you will find it at the top left hand corner, the grey variable resistor.

Finding one at Mouser or R-S Components won't be hard but I am not sure on it's value.

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
@lachlan, do you know what kind of connectors that PSU uses? I am thinking about doing a full rewire on mine, but I have no idea what they are. Also, I'd like to get the degauss hooked up and that connector is absent.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Unfortunately no, they don't seem to have any markings on them either. I'd guess they were JST but that's just because it's from Japan.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
They look like JST YL and VL.

Last edited:

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
My Super Neo 29 power supply is slightly different. It’s not black, just the silver metal color, and the board is mounted at the bottom, not the side. I’m unsure of the cap values now.

I’m also guessing it’s a newer version since it is completely modular, there are no permanently affixed wires to the board itself.

IMG_9606.JPG

IMG_9604.JPG

I only took the photos to remind me where to plug everything back in, so I can get a better shot later if anyone wants it.

With the board being mounted on the bottom, the voltage regulator is at the bottom corner. Is there any way I can tell what value it has by looking at it?

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Thanks for posting that, if you could take a pic of the entire PCB that would be awesome!

What are the values of the 5v and 12v rails, if the sticker is still on yours?

Interestingly I spot two transformers instead of the usual one.

Last edited:

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Thanks for posting that, if you could take a pic of the entire PCB that would be awesome!

What are the values of the 5v and 12v rails, if the sticker is still on yours?

Interestingly I spot two transformers instead of the usual one.

IMG_9645.JPG
IMG_9646.JPG
IMG_9647.JPG
IMG_9648.JPG
IMG_9649.JPG
IMG_9651.JPG
IMG_9650.JPG
IMG_9652.JPG
IMG_9653.JPG

This actually looks the one in the manual on hard-candy, although in the materials listing it says HYPER NEOGEO64 as the description of the entire power supply.

It also lists the voltage adjust as DC5V, if that helps anyone trying to help me find a replacement part.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I picked up another Neo Candy 29 with a damaged frame. Other than the frame, it was in nice shape so I swapped out and added missing parts to mine and now it's finally complete. Until I saw this cab, I had no idea there's supposed to be a piece of plexiglass in the monitor bezel... Anyway, going to recap the PSU next I think, and maybe have the chassis done as well. I was also thinking about attempting to transplant the monitor, PSU and wiring from the donor cab into my Impress shell. Is this doable?

neo candy.jpg

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Alright, not to leave the thread hanging. I solved the lingering problems with mine.

1st up, full rewire solved a lot of audio/visual issues I had.

2nd, The issue I was having with the screen shifting/ stuttering was the flyback. On these toeis, when the picture starts shifting to one side and it seems like the picture wont stay stable, the flyback is going out. There was no documentation, so I gambled with this: https://www.arcadepartsandrepair.co...acks/toei-y261753-tc-rm251s-tc-rm29j-flyback/

Its working great now, just have to crimp up a 2p harness.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Hell yeah man, great news and thanks for the flyback info.

Yardley

n00b
Hi guys, I recently purchased a Super Neo 29 and unfortunately it is missing the coin guide rail which sucks because I wanted to well use coins :). I know this is a long shot but I figured I'd post here in case someone has one available they'd be willing to sell. Also a long shot, but if someone is willing to ship me theirs so I can 3D scan/print it that would be amazing. Happy to pay for your effort.Measure_4.jpg