Neo Candy Club

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I need to order a cap kit for my NEO 29 but wanted to verify the chassis before ordering. I tried looking online for a picture of the Hitachi GMK-29FS chassis but found differing pictures. I know the tag on the front says so, but I want to be sure. Can someone tell me if this is the GMK-29FS?

jcmorris

New Challenger
It appears as though that is the Hitachi gmk29fs2, there were 3 revisions that I know of: gmk-fs, gmk-fs2, gmk-fs3. The Gmkfs3 is more common in the super neo cabs, and the first two revisions are usually found in neo25/29 and neo candy 25/29

Solmin

n00b
I need to build new control panel harnesses for my NEO 29. Anyone have a link to a supplier for the connectors and pins? Is there a Mouser.com part number?

I believe that is an AMP connector. Mouser sells them as TE connectors. Try searching for 172171-1 and finding similiar items. The pins are sold there as well. If I find the PN I'll post it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I was wondering why my audio was a bit low at max volume on my MV-1FS and realised I was driving the speakers with the headphone output... I switched over to the speaker output and had two speakers with a ton more power than before and then one of the speakers just went flat. Measured both speakers with my multimeter and yeap... it's about half 0.5ohm while the other is 8.5ohm.

Can having the volume slider too high up or switching the stereo/mono switch while on cause a speaker to blow? if not then I might have to put it down to ordinary failure.

Escape-To-88

New Challenger
Hi all,
Wonder if anyone could help me out. Converting a Dino King to a mini Neo Candy in the style of a 25, I have recreated the CPO but wondering if anyone had a good, clear shot of the side art please? Many thanks

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I need a cap kit for a TC-RM25S. I can’t find any info on this chassis. Anyone know if it’s the same as the TC-RM251S? That is the only similar model I can find info on.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I need a cap kit for a TC-RM25S. I can’t find any info on this chassis. Anyone know if it’s the same as the TC-RM251S? That is the only similar model I can find info on.

Yo RSG! What's going on with the cab? Sharp Image wasn't able to repair the chassis?

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Yo RSG! What's going on with the cab? Sharp Image wasn't able to repair the chassis?

xAEbLQil.jpg

They got it working again with a damn fine picture, but the picture continues to shake back and forth. I think they didn't change all the caps. The image shaking isn't present until its been on for about 10 mins or more and it just gets worse. There is almost no info on my TC-RM25S, but the TC-RM251S looks identical to it.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
There's really not THAT many caps in a monitor chassis. You can pull it and easily make a cap chart yourself and order from Digikey or Mouser. I did that with one of mine and found out the cap chart online had a mistake compared to my completely original chassis's cap values

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
There's really not THAT many caps in a monitor chassis. You can pull it and easily make a cap chart yourself and order from Digikey or Mouser. I did that with one of mine and found out the cap chart online had a mistake compared to my completely original chassis's cap values

Hey hey dude! If the chassis are the same, then I can go with an existing list- my main things I want to make sure that are changed are the filter caps. I'm so close on this being done.

Hopefully you pop in here more and just not FB.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I had some trouble with my super neo 29 monitor until I started plugging the monitor into a power strip instead of directly connecting it to the cab PSU. Moral of story, SNK cabs are shit.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Wanted to follow up with this- so the problem is the chassis psu cord. The OP like a lot of other shit in the cab, he didn't actually fix; he just put electrical and duct tape around it. It pulled right off. Soldered and shrink tubed it, made the problem better but still didn't go away. Scrubbed the plug end and its much better.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I've been out of the arcade scene for a few years, but may be getting back into it soon with a Super Neo 29 Candy.

For anyone that owns one I have a few questions I'd appreciate if you could help me out on...

-What type of joystick can be in these cabs? Just wondering what would be a compatible replacement?
-Is there anything these cabs are known for that goes bad?
-How do you like this cab?

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
I've been out of the arcade scene for a few years, but may be getting back into it soon with a Super Neo 29 Candy.

For anyone that owns one I have a few questions I'd appreciate if you could help me out on...

-What type of joystick can be in these cabs? Just wondering what would be a compatible replacement?
-Is there anything these cabs are known for that goes bad?

I have a Neo Candy 29 with a Hitachi chassis FS2. It's good overall and similar to yours, but I prefer MS9 for chassis and might switch it out. Not sure which stick mounts are in these, but mine require Sanwa. Yours might have the newer mounts that would fit Seimitsu too. Note that if you have a Hitachi chassis, flyback replacements are a no go.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
@daskrabs…..TYVM for the feedback. Guess I'll have to check the sticks that are in there. Good to hear you haven't had any major issues with this cab.

jcmorris

New Challenger

Had one for a little while.....I personally did not care for it and sold it. If the monitor is in good condition they are beautiful tubes but thats where my praise on it ends hahah. IMHO, The construction and engineering in general is probably the worst of all the more common SNK cabs. Heres an example: check out the back access panel; its like they engineered the thing without taking into acount the specs of the neck on the tube. The back access panel sticks out of the back about the depth of the neck on the tube. The CP surround is known for cracking REALLY easily, as well as parts on the monitor bezel/cab surround. Its a very brittle thin plastic shell in many places and feels cheap. The PSUs are known to fail, not as bad as AWSD but still not very dependable. I could go on.....I wouldnt get it unless its a great price and doesnt require a lot of elbow grease to get it in to your place. Not trying to shit on your rainbow just being honest so theres no dissapointments:)

Last edited:

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
No worries. I completely appreciate your honest review of the cab. Sent you a PM.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Super Neo 29 Candy is a nice little cab that any SNK fan should be happy to own and play on. That said, I agree with everything that JC said, however a few other notes.

• Very spacious inside compared to common SEGA cabs
• No audio amp
• Part metal, part plastic shell, feels a bit cheap compared to older (or Sega) cabs
• Monitor can rotate to tate, but NOT recommended
• Any sticks should be able to mount to it with the right plates, I use paradise's universal plate and LS-56

I'd say if it's your first cab and the there aren't other options then go for it!

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I appreciate all the feedback. Guy came back from vacation (was gone over a week) and sold it to someone else pretty much immediately, so I guess it wasn't meant to be. Guess that leaves me with Ken in Utah as very few candies make it to the Midwest.

jcmorris

New Challenger
I appreciate all the feedback. Guy came back from vacation (was gone over a week) and sold it to someone else pretty much immediately, so I guess it wasn't meant to be. Guess that leaves me with Ken in Utah as very few candies make it to the Midwest.

Ken is a smug prick anyways... I wouldnt let him see a penny of my money. Theres a few other guys that do it on the low and bring in really nice cabs....if you dont know who Im talking about shoot me a PM and Ill give you an email.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Ken is a smug prick anyways... I wouldnt let him see a penny of my money. Theres a few other guys that do it on the low and bring in really nice cabs....if you dont know who Im talking about shoot me a PM and Ill give you an email.

East coast?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I had some trouble with my super neo 29 monitor until I started plugging the monitor into a power strip instead of directly connecting it to the cab PSU. Moral of story, SNK cabs are shit.

So 300wins recapped it for me, and had to correct a lot of sharps work. We used a RM251s cap kit, which is an older revision of the 25s. Unfortunately its not 100% the same but worked great. The screen no longer shakes, but starts to curl to the right after a few minutes.

I took Chem's suggestion and plugged the monitor into an outlet instead of the PSU, and works perfectly. So now its time to get the PSU recapped.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I spent $20 at RS Components and recapped the power supply in my Super Neo 29 Candy. I wasn't having any problems but at nearly 25 years old I thought it best to replace the caps and make a list/map for anyone else wanting to do it.

I'm aware of a slightly different looking PSU in some of the Super Neo cabinets, maybe the Hyper variant? so this may not be accurate for those supplies.

Not much going on in these units unlike a Sega PSU!

IMG-5178.jpg

IMG-5179.jpg

IMG-5180.jpg

IMG-5181.jpg

Super-Neo29-capmap.png

Last edited: