Neo Geo 1 Slot cab - thoughts on price

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
I have a Neo Geo consolized 2 slot system but thinking of getting a cab. What is a decent price on a 1 slot cab in used but good condition? Is about $300 a fair price?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Depends a lot on where you are and the condition, monitor size, is it original/converted etc.

300 is usually brodeal but you can get lucky on the west coast. I'd say you're looking normally at the 300-600 range for a decent cab depending on seller and timing. Just be patient.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
the monitor looked OK, it looked a little on the yellow tint side. Could just need an adjustment. Minor burn in.

The cabinet overall was good, some nicks here, and a gash on the left side. Monitor didn't have a bezel but I guess that could be installed without too much difficulty. I did notice a sound issue (lost sound, then crackled, but the guy just reseated the game then it was fine). The controls probably could use some updates.

This was a 1 slot, but the board was large, I always thought the 1 slots were small. The PCB was the size of the 2 slot I own. Overall looked clean, but it just didn't seem like something I needed to have so I am waiting on it. It might sell later today but I guess I would have preferred a larger monitor, looked like a 19 or 20" to me. What was also odd is the monitor was really close to the glass, I always thought they were installed a little deeper.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I just picked up a 2 slot big red with 5 games for $400. $300 for a 1 slot sounds like a good deal. If your like me you don't want to do a lot of repairs to the cab, so you might have to drop more for a nicer one.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
HardMVS is a great site for info. Sounds like the board is the earliest one which is large. Also the one slot is Jamma standard.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
yes, looks like it is an original MV-1 which is pretty large. Never knew there was a large 1 slot, good to know.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Ok looking at the HardMVS site I think this originally was a different cab and someone converted to a MVS one slot. Any idea what cab this was?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

keilmillerjr

New Challenger
This whole thread now makes since. That cab is not an original MVS cabinet and is indeed a conversion. The MVS were sold in kits to use in any jamma cab.

I just purchased my original MVS for $450. The cabinet has some wear and tear, but monitor has been recapped and battery replaced on PCB. There was an original 1 slot near me that look flawless for $700 andthey said they would do $650.

This does look like one of the nicest conversions I have seen. Since original cab is more desirable, I'd say your in the right ballpark at your offer.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Looks like a williams cab to me. Joust, Robotron, Bubbles...

jon713

Camel Slug
The cab looks clean $250-$300 seems like a fair price. My first cab was a conversion and I paid $400 and it was shit compared to this so I would jump on it.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
I had to pay $700 for same cab as Duo has here in Toronto. They are hard to come by and prices are ridiculous on a lot of cabs here. There was an empty 4 slot, no power no monitor and needs buttons for $250 posted here other day. :/

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
The cab looks clean $250-$300 seems like a fair price. My first cab was a conversion and I paid $400 and it was shit compared to this so I would jump on it.
I pretty much just did exactly what you posted. I bought a converted 1 slot cabinet out of ignorance and lack of research only to really get home and see the insides need more work than I wanted to do. The following week I bought a dedicated 2 slot mvs from a local arcade that was in amazing condition (for the same price) and all was right in the world. What did you end up doing with your old cab?