Neo Geo 3

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Dunno, something like th ASP with netplay would be intriguing, but I wonder if they plan to push new sequels or updates on SNK IPs.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I find it hilarious that sega fans to this day go WAAAH SEGA WHY DID YOU LEAVE US, DO ANOTHER DREAMCAST

meanwhile "Neo-Geo 2 and 3 confirmed". :lolz:

I mean for real if I was in charge I'd just legit re-release the AES. Hardware costs would be minimal. Drop in a mobo with an HDMI out and a nice scaler built in.

Make more carts. ROMS would be cheap these days and they could still charge a mint.

I'd be down for AES round 2

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Hi all I know since then was it was delayed after all work stopped for 3 months during the start of covid crisis and even now my friend is still working from home so i have no more news apart from its being released after the third quarter this year.
Did your source clue you in at all on what the heck this thing is going to be, and/or what it's goal/intended market is?

Another system rehashing old games, or "new" hardware with "new" games?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Did your source clue you in at all on what the heck this thing is going to be, and/or what it's goal/intended market is?

Another system rehashing old games, or "new" hardware with "new" games?
I don't understand how anyone can entertain the idea of there being 'new' games when they've been dragging ass with XV.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I don't understand how anyone can entertain the idea of there being 'new' games when they've been dragging ass with XV.
I'd say it's pretty unlikely, but it's possible they could go the route of the new Atari VCS and Intellivision by having a basic PC hardware setup running small, mobile style games that are relatively easy to develop and release fairly quickly, especially if you have 3rd parties handling the work.

IMO that would be a terrible idea.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I have the Neo Geo 3 sitting under my desk...and I've done a video on it. Just shopping the story around to the news like I did with the Sam Sho 64 beta

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have the Neo Geo 3 sitting under my desk...and I've done a video on it. Just shopping the story around to the news like I did with the Sam Sho 64 beta
I have a Neo Geo 4 under mine... but you probably don't want to see a video on it.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I'm intrigued...

Any hints you can give us? Under any NDA?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
bunch of fags in here

I'm intrigued...

Any hints you can give us? Under any NDA?
haha no NDA. Just trying to get someone to pick a story up on it before I put the video live...like I did with the Hyper cart

it's a development board. from later than the Hyper. I had to make some presumptions on what it was intended for but I did a metric shit ton of research and the like to pin down exactly what it was for. Probably too much research to be honest

I actually just mailed the board back to the owner but the video is just waiting around to be scheduled. I try to get press for these things and keep advocating for more preservation / dumping / sharing...plus I wont lie...it helps YT stats. If I can't find any outlet to pick the story up I'll just chuck the video into the wild and see what happens

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
haha no NDA. Just trying to get someone to pick a story up on it before I put the video live...like I did with the Hyper cart

it's a development board. from later than the Hyper. I had to make some presumptions on what it was intended for but I did a metric shit ton of research and the like to pin down exactly what it was for. Probably too much research to be honest

I actually just mailed the board back to the owner but the video is just waiting around to be scheduled. I try to get press for these things and keep advocating for more preservation / dumping / sharing...plus I wont lie...it helps YT stats. If I can't find any outlet to pick the story up I'll just chuck the video into the wild and see what happens
Family told me the package arrived today. Can't wait to see your video.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Family told me the package arrived today. Can't wait to see your video.
Soon I hope. I just really wanna try to get some press behind it. A lot of outlets picked up the Hyper story so I’d like to make the same thing happen for this board too!

Fygee

20 Year Member
Soon I hope. I just really wanna try to get some press behind it. A lot of outlets picked up the Hyper story so I’d like to make the same thing happen for this board too!
I'm surprised the press hasn't jumped all over it.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I'm surprised the press hasn't jumped all over it.
Work in progress. Sometimes it’s easy. Sometimes it takes longer. I just don’t want to squirt the video out and watch it get 200 views and fade back into obscurity. Spent longer researching this one than the Hyper prototype by multitudes

Fygee

20 Year Member
Not sure how accurate this is, but according to the "NEO GEO Mini" Facebook page, the NG3 will not be announced at E3. It will however be announced fairly soon and is expected to be released before the end of the year.

There's also an expectation that some of the games it supports will also jointly run on the PS4 and PS5, though they may not get a simultaneous release. Whether that means more recycling of old as hell ROMs, cheapo throwaway 3rd party developed games, or big time releases like KOF 15 remain anyone's guess.

The plot thickens.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Not sure how accurate this is, but according to the "NEO GEO Mini" Facebook page, the NG3 will not be announced at E3. It will however be announced fairly soon and is expected to be released before the end of the year.

There's also an expectation that some of the games it supports will also jointly run on the PS4 and PS5, though they may not get a simultaneous release. Whether that means more recycling of old as hell ROMs, cheapo throwaway 3rd party developed games, or big time releases like KOF 15 remain anyone's guess.

The plot thickens.
Hyper Neo Geo 256 confirmed. Also it’s a toaster oven

KGRAMR

Another Striker
As long as it's not like that Atari VCS snake oil, I'm fine with it but I'll prefer having my expectations on check.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I mean shit the formula for success is easy here

shove a FPGA into a nice case. In a perfect world throw a cart slot in and rerelease carts. Dime a dozen to throw a new custom pcb in with a couple chip design. Sell them for a mint.

Or just make it digital distribution if you wanna go cheap with it

I mean yes FPGA Neo Geo exists...but not in a fancy case sold by SNK.