Neo Geo AES game housing swap?

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm sorry if i'm creating too many threads, but this is a question I've been wondering.

I'm going to be receiving a game that isn't in the best condition, but is on what i'd consider the more expensive side of my fledgling collection. The game is a bit scuffed up and has a major gouge. The game label seems to be fine but its mostly the plastic gouge that makes it an eye sore.

Would it be considered blasphemy to take a hair dryer to get the adhesive to peel off, and swap case/housing/shells for the mere sake of vanity to an AES game? or should I just quit being cheap and leave it as is, play the game, and source another, better condition game?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Play the game, stop being an AEShole about the cart. You going to play it or display it?

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm going to get laughed out of here in embarassment if I tell you! :keke:

definitely not KoF '98, no siree!

Play the game, stop being an AEShole about the cart. You going to play it or display it?

Play of course, but this hypothetical "not-KoF '98" game has a crooked game warning label, so I definitely wanna fix that up...

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Once a AES label comes off, it takes a lot of effort to get it to stick back on. It's not worth it, just play the game. If it's the back half of the shell that's the problem though, it's relatively simple to heat the end label enough just enough to peel the back shell away.

Is the top part of the label cut where the plastic shells meet?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I get what you're doing, I've done it with plenty of beat up SNES games, but keep in mind that if the cart has any value at all it will be completely lost if you replace the shell and have to reprint the label, which you will since the label is damn near impossible to remove in one piece.

G

greeneye8181

I get what you're doing, I've done it with plenty of beat up SNES games, but keep in mind that if the cart has any value at all it will be completely lost if you replace the shell and have to reprint the label, which you will since the label is damn near impossible to remove in one piece.

Its great when/if you can improve the condition of a game but is it really worth the possible negative outcome? Id say if its on the back of the cart go for it. You can replace that without completely taking off the sticker. The front? Fugetaboutit.