Neo Geo CD Conversion Project.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
Metal Slug X could be hacked into MS2 CD. Swapping the necessary background sprites, hacking different enemy and item placement. It would have the slowdown, but if there hasn't been a turbo patch for MS2 CD already then that could be valuable just for an improved combat school.

Beyond that the CD versions are curios. I like seeing what SNK added: often the games get practice modes, different menus, art galleries and extra endings. It's what the AES versions might have been if the teams got an extra couple months.

The Slug combat schools would be too big a project to port to MVS/AES, but I'd love if someone attempted to port the Scotland course from Neo Turf Masters to cartridge. It's the only thing I wade through the load times for.

NeoSeeD

n00b
Update: neogeocdworld.info is back up. Unfortunately, the version of Gururin that they have does not boot on actual hardware. It freezes on the loading screen for me. I could be doing something wrong, so here is the cue file if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• gururin-v2.zip
    198 bytes · Views: 2

NeoSeeD

n00b
It looks like Pixelheart is making some of these conversions legit. Hopefully, they eventually add Ganryu and Nightmare in the Dark. In the meanwhile, it will be nice to have a Neo Mr. Do that doesn't have that ear piercing screech when a sound effect can't be loaded due to memory issues.

Pixelheart - Neo Geo CD Page

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It looks like Pixelheart is making some of these conversions legit. Hopefully, they eventually add Ganryu and Nightmare in the Dark. In the meanwhile, it will be nice to have a Neo Mr. Do that doesn't have that ear piercing screech when a sound effect can't be loaded due to memory issues.

Pixelheart - Neo Geo CD Page
I have Andro Dunos. And I have Flip Shot ordered. May have to add Punky Circus too. All this after market stuff is sitting off to the side of my main NGCD releases on the shelf.

NeoSeeD

n00b
I have Andro Dunos. And I have Flip Shot ordered. May have to add Punky Circus too. All this after market stuff is sitting off to the side of my main NGCD releases on the shelf.
I just ordered both. I'm hoping that there are enough sales to spur further development for the CD in the future.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'm still not entirely sure what the purpose of "Punky Circus" is. So, JoshProd got the license to the game of Neo Mr Do, but couldn't get the license for the characters in it? What? To me that sounds like getting the rights to Super Mario Bros 3 but not the characters in it.

Is there a Mr Do comic or TV show or toy line or SOMETHING that I don't know about???

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's probably the only way Neo Mr. Do! will get a CD release at this point. The Mr. Do! rights aren't owned by Visco.