Neo Geo Collection at non eBay Auction

JSJS92

n00b
Hi all,

Hopefully I can do you a favour, as well as being a game collecting enthusiast I’m also an auctioneer in Scotland and am bringing a large collection of Neo Geo AES consoles and games, Pocket consoles and games and SNK accessories to an auction happening next week.

However, this is not eBay, this is a more traditional but online auction setting so you won’t be competing against the speculators who drive prices on eBay so I hope you’d have a chance to pick up some cool things at a good price.

We have things like the Hanshin Tigers special edition Pocket, SVC Chaos, ClockShot Ciber Gun set, SNK laserdiscs and more, nothing super rare but hopefully things that would interest collectors and at a good price as the competition will be less than it would be were these all on eBay and it’s all being sold with zero reserve.

Anyway, thought I’d mention it for you guys and if you have any questions about any of the lots e.g. condition or the buying process generally just let me know and I’ll be happy to answer them.

The links to the sale are below, just scroll through or search SNK to narrow it down.
I’ve included a few images from the sale for reference, thanks!

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/...s/mctears-gallery1842/catalogue-id-srmct11855

https://www.mctears.co.uk/auction/search/?st=SNK&sto=0&au=1459&sf=[]&w=False&pn=1

AE13EB16-B647-4255-936D-B93714EE79D8.jpeg2ED2BF29-8946-43D1-B520-8201DD1C21AF.jpeg9150FE4F-72DA-4232-BA1F-0D00265FEACA.jpegF22B3A70-1B14-4AD6-8251-5C720547447C.jpeg

JSJS92

n00b
Yeah right?! I couldn’t find anything about it online, is it some kind of light gun game?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Im gonna guess yes, but I’ve definitely never seen one before from SNK.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
The english Sengoku 2 is the most interesting thing here. That is a hard game to get these days.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Are you seriously paying 24% + 3% if you win something with online bidding? I mean even on site you pay 24% buyers premium? That is very freaking high even compared to eBay. Holy shit.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
At least you are from the UK so shipping won't be so heavy as they seem to only use mailboxes etc and some other strange auction shipping services. Do you mabye know what a medium sized package would cost with mailboxes etc. to the EU?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
At least you are from the UK so shipping won't be so heavy as they seem to only use mailboxes etc and some other strange auction shipping services. Do you mabye know what a medium sized package would cost with mailboxes etc. to the EU?
Unsure tbh especially with our postage prices at current, wouldn't be ludicrous though, probably 20-30£

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Hmmm... Maybe I'll watch some of the auctions just for shits and giggles...

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Yeah right?! I couldn’t find anything about it online, is it some kind of light gun game?
I've never seen any merchandise like that before w/ Street Smart imagery. The illustration of both guys on that device, Crusher & Karateka, is taken from the 1989 JP arcade flyer. I would imagine that this was a standalone tech novelty or department store/toy catalog exclusive. Although I had once read online about some similar gadget from very early '90s era possibly related to SNK's Beast Busters. Maybe it was on Neo Bomberman's Castle of Collectibles page or the DHP listserv? Don't recall, sorry

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Even after the 35% in fees the prices haven't been too bad. A decent deal over ebay prices but nothing amazing. I got two games and am pretty happy with my prices.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Got absolutely crushed on the NGPC stuff, same assessment, nothing amazing price-wise, and not worth going through the cost and hassle of getting to the US

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
SvC english AES at 700 pounds was not bad. Although I'd argue that turd is way overpriced in general :)

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
SvC english AES at 700 pounds was not bad. Although I'd argue that turd is way overpriced in general :)
700 + 29% and conversion fee plus shipping and customs... is more than it looks.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
700 + 29% and conversion fee plus shipping and customs... is more than it looks.
About $1200 in the end. I was charged 90 pounds to ship two games. No customs fees for murucans.

For an English version, that's a pretty good price.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
About $1200 in the end. I was charged 90 pounds to ship two games. No customs fees for murucans.

For an English version, that's a pretty good price.
SvC was always a 500 Eur game for me... but yeah times are changing. 90 pounds is also hefty for shipping 2 games. I also got a few small things, lets see what they want shipping from me (as I only live around the corner in Austria). What is really shitty though is that the UK had the great idea to leave the EU so you now pay 20% import tax on everything when shipping to the EU from the UK. Yaaaj!

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I got my games a few days ago. They were exceptionally well packed. I'm especially happy with the Karnov's Revenge, finding vinyl cased games in this good of condition is really rare these days. So thanks @JSJS92 for the heads up.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Hmm this might save me fannying about selling my neo geo cd games myself…