Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I was wondering this the other day. I haven't seen one in ages. I still remember seeing them sell on eBay for $800.00 when I first started collecting Neo in about 2001. Given that blazing star is selling close to 7k sometimes I could easily see a Japanese one if complete selling for 15-20K or more. I would guess an English one would be 25K easy. These are just guesses.

Still have some private transactions
Ppl are holding MS AES in hand so you dont see much on ebay
Tons of neo collectors have more than one (or even 3) copies in hand.......you may know who they are.....

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
they sell nes/snes reproduction carts, maybe they only made sure its an "authentic reproduction" of ms3?^^

I wonder if there are "average" AES collectors out there who don't know about teh bootz and don't know better than to ask about authenticity of this cart and how they verified it. It's definitely a buyer beware world out there these days.

nintendospy

Crossed Swords Squire
20 Year Member
I was wondering this the other day. I haven't seen one in ages. I still remember seeing them sell on eBay for $800.00 when I first started collecting Neo in about 2001. Given that blazing star is selling close to 7k sometimes I could easily see a Japanese one if complete selling for 15-20K or more. I would guess an English one would be 25K easy. These are just guesses.

FWIW, the Neostore has an English Slug 2 for $7,300. I'm not sure how the prices would scale to the first one, but it'd have to be well over 10K (Neostore prices, mind you).

Last edited:

nintendospy

Crossed Swords Squire
20 Year Member

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza

FWIW, the Neostore has an English Slug 2 for $7,300. I'm not sure how the prices would scale to the first one, but it'd have to be well over 10K (Neostore prices, mind you).

There was a JP Slug 1 on Buyee/Yahoo that seems to have sold for just over $5600. Others on the forum saw it too. No board pics. No high magnification of the paperwork. Big red flags. Whoever won it might get a nasty surprise. I wasn't gonna take the chance.

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b197162559

I could see an English Slug 1 go for 25-30K from Shawn and a JP for 10K+ Betcha it'll be gone in minutes, like that English Last Blade 2.

Last edited:

Cg591

Rugal's Thug

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
This guy claims there are only 100 copies of US Slug 3? Uhhh.
Not a chance right? Does anyone have any info if this is even close to the actual number?

He's pulling that number out of his ass. No one appears to know or is talking if they do know.

Last edited:

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
This guy claims there are only 100 copies of US Slug 3? Uhhh.
Not a chance right? Does anyone have any info if this is even close to the actual number?

No that's false. I actually have some production info written down somewhere that I can look up later. I can tell you off the top of my head that the production is at least twice that for the US version.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I could see an English Slug 1 go for 25-30K from Shawn and a JP for 10K+ Betcha it'll be gone in minutes, like that English Last Blade 2.

JPN version is already 10k in private transaction.

That means I'll never afford AES copy in my life, unless I'm as rich as madman..............:(
My other friend is currently saving $10k to buy JP MS1 AES...........that's crazy

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

That means I'll never afford AES copy in my life, unless I'm as rich as madman..............:(
My other friend is currently saving $10k to buy JP MS1 AES...........that's crazy

Man, I have not "saved for" a videogame since I was like in high school or something...and I don't understand why you say madman is rich, does he have MS1 AES or something?

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

That's retarded. Price tripled in two years. I should have invested in Neo Geo - I'd be ready to retire by now.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Man, I have not "saved for" a videogame since I was like in high school or something...and I don't understand why you say madman is rich, does he have MS1 AES or something?

Read quotes in my signature. Santa Clause is his Dad.

That's retarded. Price tripled in two years. I should have invested in Neo Geo - I'd be ready to retire by now.
You are right. Gold standard is a thing in the past. AES standard will take over.

Last edited:

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
ls...

remember: you cant eat aes carts. and in war no one will trade them for anything.

but you can trade watches and cars. but yeah, you also cant eat them.