Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I posted a link to that same auction a few weeks ago. I'm curious who the ng.com seller / buyer were as well.

I'm also curious to see if that cart actually sells for above $500. He's lowered the opening bid from the $1000 it was before.

I don't think "1000angrysoccermoms" is an active member. Besides the name, this user stands out in my mind because for a while they listed a string of high dollar AES games on eBay. Many would get bid up and sell only to be subsequently relisted a few times. Probably some shady shill bidding activity and a reminder to take even eBay sold auction prices with a pinch of salt when trying to determine value.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
I don't think "1000angrysoccermoms" is an active member. Besides the name, this user stands out in my mind because for a while they listed a string of high dollar AES games on eBay. Many would get bid up and sell only to be subsequently relisted a few times. Probably some shady shill bidding activity and a reminder to take even eBay sold auction prices with a pinch of salt when trying to determine value.

1000angrysoccermoms may not be a member here however her husband is ;)

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member

There's a guy in Israel that does this - can't recall his name. He put up a number of AES carts repeatedly. The one I had interest in, Ragnagard, I bid on. I think I capped at $350 and I got sniped for $355. No second chance offer, game relisted like 3 days later. This happened 4-5 times - each time I stopped at $350 and only 1 bid over me - then relist. I messaged him and asked what the deal was. No reply.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
There's a guy in Israel that does this - can't recall his name. He put up a number of AES carts repeatedly. The one I had interest in, Ragnagard, I bid on. I think I capped at $350 and I got sniped for $355. No second chance offer, game relisted like 3 days later. This happened 4-5 times - each time I stopped at $350 and only 1 bid over me - then relist. I messaged him and asked what the deal was. No reply.

:( That sucks, man. Makes you wonder if shilling is rampant on a $350 game then imagine how much of this shit goes on for the four figure ones.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I went looking for the guy - instead found this guy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Twinkle-Sta...788819?hash=item25b94f8ed3:g:XFcAAOSwAuNW37lD

Loose TSS, listed as conversion and STILL selling for $550. Like - actually showing as sold. Fools and their money.

"You can have a nice, OG, legit, MVS TSS for $250. Or, I can hack it up, put it into a used AES shell, make a natty label, and charge you $300 more - what say you?" "Yes please!"

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
This is not related to Neo scene but you can see how crazy the retro scene is now............
Saw this on FB today............

IMG_2885.PNG

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor

I think his name was Soster. He was the definition of a flipper from what I remember.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I went looking for the guy - instead found this guy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Twinkle-Sta...788819?hash=item25b94f8ed3:g:XFcAAOSwAuNW37lD

Loose TSS, listed as conversion and STILL selling for $550. Like - actually showing as sold. Fools and their money.

"You can have a nice, OG, legit, MVS TSS for $250. Or, I can hack it up, put it into a used AES shell, make a natty label, and charge you $300 more - what say you?" "Yes please!"

Looks like he's cranking out Pulstar "conversions" as well for the same price.

I thought greeneye sold that RBFF in this lot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111953142169

Last edited:

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Looks like he's cranking out Pulstar "conversions" as well for the same price.

I thought greeneye sold that RBFF in this lot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111953142169

It actually says "This listing has ended. The seller has relisted this item or one like this."

He has a nice collection.

BTW http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNK-VS-CAPCOM-SVC-CHAOS-SNK-NEO-GEO-AES-USA-VERSION-VERY-RARE-/381582588438?hash=item58d8183a16:g:jEcAAOSwxcRW-Fle

SVC Chaos English AES is no where near $1,000.... :shame: