neo-geo.com statistics

Shawn

snkusa.com
As of 1-26-01 18770988 KB have been downloaded from neo-geo.com this month, or 18.7 GB. We will surely exceed 20 GB this month. Hopefully Hostway does not follow regulations and close the site once this limit is exceeded.

The daily traffic continues to grow. We now average 1600 viewers per day, according to the counter on the menu. The counter is professionally provided by www.counter.com for a $50 annual fee. This does not count hits for any other page other than the menu. In other words, only direct accesses to the site using the domain name www.neo-geo.com are counted. This means that the actual hits are far greater than 1600. Obviously, individual pages of neo-geo.com are being accessed outside of the front page. This is proven using this source of data provided by hostway: http://www.neo-geo.com/webstats/weekly/1.html

The file limit is 12000, but we are now at 12100+. I discovered this dilemma when I tried to upload to the server and received an error. I phoned Hostway today, inquiring about my options to upgrade. I’m already using the most extensive plan they offer for non-dedicated. Naturally, their solution was to purchase a dedicated server. In addition to the cost of the server, the $332.70 setup + the $672 monthly fee would purchase the top of the line dedicated plan.

The only catch is dedicated hosting has a bandwidth cap of 10 GB! I’m already paying $275 for hosting each month as it is, but at least the current plan comes with a 12 GB cap and $20 for each additional gig.

Don’t be surprised to see neo-geo.com close for a day or two as we surpass 20 GB. I will do my best to find a solution and keep the site up at all times. So far I have been very pleased with the hosting services of Hostway. Their prices may be on the high end, but it’s definitely been fast & reliable.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
This is good news. no neo-geo.com for a day??!?!?! I'll go crazy....I'll go insane...no.....I'll die!!! DON'T LET IT HAPPEN! j\k
biggrin.gif
j\k

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Wow, I didn't knew it would cost so much, and more then 1600 people wow! this site is really keeping the Neo Spirit alive
wink.gif

Cho

kyo3.jpg

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Your site i great shawn KEEP THE GOOD WORK !!

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
This can be seen as a good thing...

With all of thr traffic that you draw, maybe you can use that to your advantage. I'm certain that online gaming stores may see this as a good way to get their stores advertised. You may want to see about getting them to sponsor your site in exchance for some banner ads and some financial compensation. That way, you can pay for the extra space and help give this forum an even stronger internet presence.

Another suggestion... there has to be a few areas in the US where SNK games are represented somewhat decently. We need to get a few people there to help organize tournaments, or get more Neo Showdowns going across the US. It may never get as huge as any Capcom tournament or following, but at the same token it will make places like this noticed bymore than just devoted hardcore fans such as ourselves. I know I'd be willing to put together and/or host a tourney if I could find arcades and gameplayers who would take it somewhat seriously.

And BTW, just HOW KINKY is Whip? Does she need THIS many subordinates?
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited January 29, 2001).]

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
hey vinyl,

I know what you meen, Whip is cool, but she isn't that hot...at least not to me...maybe you should change it too Mai's...

Bryan

------------------
k99.gif
-FUCK NGF-

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
hey brian

we were separated at birth or summat??

ME WORDS EXACTLY

whip is shite
ugly useless mad cow

mai's the queen

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
I know a "Bad Girl"(Pun intended)when I see one.

Bryan

------------------
k99.gif
-FUCK NGF-

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Originally posted by BryLmoo:
hey vinyl,

I know what you meen, Whip is cool, but she isn't that hot...at least not to me...maybe you should change it too Mai's...

Bryan

Well, I kinda like the idea of being Mai's "assistant"... although the word subordinate sounds quite nice next to Mai's name as well.

And no, I'm not a pervert! Bored at work, yes... but CERTAINLY not a pervert!
biggrin.gif

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
Yeah, I know exactly how you feel
biggrin.gif
I wish I had Mai in my room sometimes. Then I just look at the huge poster that I have on the wall of her! hehe
biggrin.gif

------------------
k99.gif
-FUCK NGF-