Neo Geo games with the best CD music?

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
I've started hacking MAME to play FLAC versions of the Neo Geo CD music when it'd normally play the Yamaha 2610 music.

Which Neo Geo CD games do you think have the best soundtracks? I'm doing Samurai Shodown II first, but I'm not sure which one to do after that.

Off topic, but earlier this week I made music from the Sega CD version play with the arcade Final Fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGnL2Kzz68Q

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Fatal Fury Special has excellent arranged tracks.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
kof 96 sounds really good on cd.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Sam Sho 1, also Last Blades

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I've started hacking MAME to play FLAC versions of the Neo Geo CD music when it'd normally play the Yamaha 2610 music.

Which Neo Geo CD games do you think have the best soundtracks? I'm doing Samurai Shodown II first, but I'm not sure which one to do after that.

Off topic, but earlier this week I made music from the Sega CD version play with the arcade Final Fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGnL2Kzz68Q

Awesome man! I love that soundtrack.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
this is a nice project! I'd love to play the Last Blade 1&2 with the CD soundtrack sometime...

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury Special has excellent arranged tracks.

Indeed. Just a shame that every single piece of it sounds better on cart than CD ^^

The PCE version has a better AST than the NGCD one.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
i love the sega saturn music of the neo geo ports.specially fatal fury 3 and kof 96.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
i love the sega saturn music of the neo geo ports.specially fatal fury 3 and kof 96.

I'm pretty sure the Saturn music is the same as the Neo CD, but it's been a long time since I played the Saturn ports.

The most memorable soundtracks are games that have been mentioned, RBS is probably the single best, I also love regular Real Bout, FF Special and 3, and the Last Blade Games. Samurai Shodown had nicely done arrangements as well, but I prefer the cart versions of those games.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I'm pretty sure the Saturn music is the same as the Neo CD, but it's been a long time since I played the Saturn ports.

The most memorable soundtracks are games that have been mentioned, RBS is probably the single best, I also love regular Real Bout, FF Special and 3, and the Last Blade Games. Samurai Shodown had nicely done arrangements as well, but I prefer the cart versions of those games.

i must confess that i have never played a neo geo cd console/game before.it makes sense that the saturn would use the neo cd music for it's ports.in that case i'll check some of these games.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I remember reading somewhere that Magician Lord on Neo CD has more music or something compared to the cartridge formats.

I can't seem to find any info on that, but I do have a NGCD copy of it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
that tune has got to be one of the most metal neo tracks ever.

The 1st time I heard it, I got so hype. Like, pre fighting-game community co-opting the word hype, HYPE. Flavor Flav levels of hype.

I was ready to rob a bank.