Neo-Geo on Wii Virtual Console

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
derboo said:
Why should they?
To symbolize the high priced carts.
Euro Kizuna Encounter should be an option costing 1,000,000 wii points.

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
They didn't care to symbolize anything with the pricing of the online collections, and it doesn't make sense either. No one will download a rom for such a price. I expect them to cost even less than N64 games.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
what sucks is you know they are gonna' start way back with the "classics" like Fatal Fury, etc....if they were smart, which we all know they are not, they would start with later games. Garou, etc.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
what sucks is you know they are gonna' start way back with the "classics" like Fatal Fury, etc....if they were smart, which we all know they are not, they would start with later games. Garou, etc.

I predict Legend of Success Joe, Super Spy, World Heroes and other fine early Neo games.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Magician Lord and Nam '75 are cool in my book. Hopefully they'll weed out the turds like Sengoku and Andro Dunos. BTW, if they did some NES SNK games, I would LOVE to see Iron Tank. Still an awesome game. I'd pray for a release of the arcade Ikari Warriors/Guerrilla War but I know that's hella unlikely.

Last Resort and Viewpoint=:buttrock:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I wonder if they are going to let users start storing VC games on their SD memory cards? They could have some encryption placed on the rom files.

Cause with Neo roms, I can easily see that internal storage being ate up pretty quickly. Couple Neo and N64 games and your hurting for space.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:

I'm definitely hoping for Garou as one of the first releases, but I doubt it. Its a give n' take situation with SNK. They'll find a way to totally screw this up.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
It won't suck if they start early in the Neo Geo library. Think about it: If that does indeed happen, Wii will be the only other option for playing those early titles. As it is now, there is no other way to play those old Neo Geo games besides on Neo Geo. I think it would be kind of cool if they released stuff in order. I do hope that they weed out the crappy games, though. I hope they release Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Cyber Lip and Last Resort quickly. :drool:

hermosaguy

Geese's Thug
Even if they throw in a bunch of features and extras, they would have to be priced pretty decent for me to purchase.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
broken said:
I wonder if they are going to let users start storing VC games on their SD memory cards? They could have some encryption placed on the rom files.

Cause with Neo roms, I can easily see that internal storage being ate up pretty quickly. Couple Neo and N64 games and your hurting for space.

doubt it

you could always move the files to SD , but not play from there.

broken said:

You can do that now.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
But you still can't execute them from there right?

Apparently on the pre-retail, pre-patched wii's , you could store a game on sd card, load it from there, and even put other vc games on there from other wii's.

Obviously intentional until after retail then patched.

*shrug*

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
What would be funny is if they release the "shitty" titles first then see little activity on the purchases or whatever the fucking wii does and then just can the entire project.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
What would be funny is if they release the "shitty" titles first then see little activity on the purchases or whatever the fucking wii does and then just can the entire project.

Quoted for Nostradamus.

This will happen methinks.

kernow said:
But you still can't execute them from there right?

Apparently on the pre-retail, pre-patched wii's , you could store a game on sd card, load it from there, and even put other vc games on there from other wii's.

Obviously intentional until after retail then patched.

*shrug*

SD Cards are so cheap that shuffling them back and forth isn't too bad, even though I still desire executing them directly fromt he SD Card myself.

But either way, you can do what broken wants.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
So what are the chances of Neo Geo games(fighters really) with online play being on the Wii in the future?

FrZi

n00b
Same as with all other VC titles, I guess. Pretty small. Shameful.

Last edited:

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
jethrek said:
You can do that now.

Huh? You can? I thought the Wii only had support for transferring Game SAVES to an SD card. I thought the VC games weren't (likely in fear that they would be distributed online like ROMS)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
jethrek said:
SD Cards are so cheap that shuffling them back and forth isn't too bad, even though I still desire executing them directly fromt he SD Card myself.

But either way, you can do what broken wants.

Well, I was referring to actually executing them from the SD card.

2 gig SD card would hold a lot of teh ROMZ.

SSS

neo retired
Fighting Golf with added wiimote sensitivity would be a fun little diversion.