Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection compilation announced for Switch

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
For those interested:

SNK will release a compilation of its “Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection” titles for Switch, the company announced.

The compilation will include the following titles:

SNK Gals’ Fighters
Samurai Shodown! 2
King of Fighters R-2
The Last Blade: Beyond the Destiny
Fatal Fury: First Contact
SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium

https://mobile.twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1362073766780567552

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/neo-geo-pocket-color-selection-compilation-announced-for-switch

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Dope list of games! I hope they add a bit to it, specifically hoping for Card Fighters games! It's insane how well those games still hold up.

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
Damn and I bought the Gal's Fighters already. I do hope they offer the card game.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Of course, they should have added in CFC! Lost opportunity.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I think it goes without saying, but you definitely need a third party controller to play these effectively. Kinda defeats playing these in handheld mode with a great deal of confidence.

Half of my daughters 4 different sets of joy cons have the nefarious drift problem going on. I took apart 1 and did the air puff thing but putting the rubber back on the knob has never been the same since.

These are handheld games afterall. Playing them on the big screen should be alright though.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Full list for those still interested:

It contains the following 10 games - SNK Gals' Fighters, Samurai Shodown! 2, King of Fighters R-2, The Last Blade: Beyond the Destiny, Fatal Fury First Contact, SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium, Metal Slug 1st Mission, Metal Slug 2nd Mission, Dark Arms and Big Tournament Golf / Neo Turf Masters.

Last edited:

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
It will also be available in 5 hours through Pix’n Love

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
It will also be available in 5 hours through Pix’n Love
I want that fucking snap case, but not for that price. Hopefully someone will eventually made repo NGPC snap cases.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Steam version is available now:

NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol. 1 Steam Edition

SNK VS. CAPCOM: THE MATCH OF THE MILLENNIUM

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
I play them on an IPS modded NGPC and a NeoPocket GameDrive. I kind of doubt SNK intended that on release. ;)

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'm glad to see that NGPC is getting some love, but this collection is kind of pointless to me. The only reason to play the NGPC fighters was as a portable alternative to the MVS-based fighters. Now that the MVS-based stuff has a variety of portable solutions, I don't see the point of NGPC fighters anymore. To me, the games that really need to be ported are Cardfighters 1, Cardfighters 2, and the oddball stuff like Biomotor Unitron and Faselei that haven't really been redone elsewhere. I'd buy that collection. This collection, I'm skipping.