Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection compilation announced for Switch

KGRAMR

Another Striker
I'm glad to see that NGPC is getting some love, but this collection is kind of pointless to me. The only reason to play the NGPC fighters was as a portable alternative to the MVS-based fighters. Now that the MVS-based stuff has a variety of portable solutions, I don't see the point of NGPC fighters anymore. To me, the games that really need to be ported are Cardfighters 1, Cardfighters 2, and the oddball stuff like Biomotor Unitron and Faselei that haven't really been redone elsewhere. I'd buy that collection. This collection, I'm skipping.
I agree with 'ya. Faselei, especially, needs a re-release 'cause the prices of the original NGPC carts are just fucking insane...

I'm glad to see that NGPC is getting some love, but this collection is kind of pointless to me. The only reason to play the NGPC fighters was as a portable alternative to the MVS-based fighters. Now that the MVS-based stuff has a variety of portable solutions, I don't see the point of NGPC fighters anymore. To me, the games that really need to be ported are Cardfighters 1, Cardfighters 2, and the oddball stuff like Biomotor Unitron and Faselei that haven't really been redone elsewhere. I'd buy that collection. This collection, I'm skipping.
But Snk vs Capcom MOTM, and Dark Arms are on there. Snk vs Capcom MOTM is better than the console versions. There's so much to do in that game. Dark Arms is pretty fun too.

I think it goes without saying, but you definitely need a third party controller to play these effectively. Kinda defeats playing these in handheld mode with a great deal of confidence.

Half of my daughters 4 different sets of joy cons have the nefarious drift problem going on. I took apart 1 and did the air puff thing but putting the rubber back on the knob has never been the same since.

These are handheld games afterall. Playing them on the big screen should be alright though.
I thought the joycons handled the games well though. The commands are very responsive and short joystick tricks work on the switch too (which I didn't expect to work at all). These games were made to be played with a joystick. Buuut I have to agree. The Joycons are terrible and degrade so fast. They're made so cheaply.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters’ Clash now available for Switch​

Originally released for NEOGEO Pocket Color in SNK Cardfighter’s Version and the Capcom Cardfighter’s Version, the Switch re-release combines both versions into one.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
*Trading between Japanese and English versions is not possible.

Boo

vandalpir8

New Challenger
10 Year Member
Dope list of games! I hope they add a bit to it, specifically hoping for Card Fighters games! It's insane how well those games still hold up.

Damn and I bought the Gal's Fighters already. I do hope they offer the card game.

Of course, they should have added in CFC! Lost opportunity.

Cardfighters dropped on Switch digitally earlier this month out of nowhere! I'm real happy about it too, since it includes both version and you can trade between the two. I still prefer to play the original on an IPS NGPC, but if this gets onto a volume 2 for the physical release, I am 100% in!

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/snk-vs-capcom-card-fighters-clash-switch/

I didnt see page 2, I'm so sorry everyone :oh_no:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I find this all very entertaining, but I'm not sure I want to play NGPC on a massive TV...

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I find this all very entertaining, but I'm not sure I want to play NGPC on a massive TV...
I had a lot of slowdown playing MOTM on the tv vs handheld. I usually play my switch on handheld mode.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
We're inches closer for that Prince of Zenobia English release...

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
These must be the easiest ports for SNK to make, if it's just packaging ROMs in an emulator. As long as they keep selling well, they'll dig further into the catalog.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I really hope we see Evolution: Eternal Dungeons release soon, too. Seeing Big Bang Pro Wrestling getting released it certainly gives me a little bit of hope.

A wrestling game that already had English text in it versus a full RPG that was never translated. No comparison.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
It was released in UK, moron.

Jon

Oh yeah...I now realize I used to own it...and finished it even...and sold it for a shitload of money back when I thought $100 was a shitload of money. Its the only 2D recreation of a 3D RPG I can think of.

In that case I'd say yeah, anything UK is probably imminent. Faselei is way more worth getting exited about though.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

For those who may be interested in more of these releases:​

Rumor: Datamine Reveals Six More Neo Geo Pocket Games Potentially Coming To Switch

• Baseball Stars Color
  • Ganbare Neo Poke-Kun
  • The King of Fighters: Battle de Paradise
  • Neo Geo Cup '98 Plus
  • Pocket Tennis Color
  • Falselei!
There are also placeholders for Volume 3, which suggests that another 10 games could be released if the Volume 2 releases are a success.

Last edited:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Is there a English ROM of Gambare anywhere? Or Battle de Paradise?

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
what's the consensus on MotM is it worth playing on switch controls ? Im tired of paying for emulation of games I have the originals of and and would rather play my OGs over the poor paid emu.