Neo Geo pocket color suggestions

Hi all,

I have a Neo Geo Pocket color. I have seen it exist some screen upgrades etc. for it. I am just curious, is it worth to mod/update your neo geo geo pocket color. What are your opinions?

Regards
Rickard

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
buy one of these...

buy one of these...
Thanks for the information. Though, I do not live in the US. Seller only ships to US or Canada.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
If you have really good batteries, Enerlop, Neo Champ, or some other branded version of Panasonic then go for it. I say that because battery consumption goes up about %800 with these screens, yes, I mean you need 8x as many batteries. If you normally get 50 hours from an NGP you will now get five…maybe, maybe four. You also won’t be able to see it as well in bright sunlight, but you will be able to see it *really* well in any other situation so if you’re cool with that, go for it.

Also, consider not wiring the touch buttons if you have the other inputs installed. They are nothing but an annoyance as you will only use them accidentally.

I have two NGPs, I did this to one of them. I wouldn’t do it to my only one. It kinda makes the NGP into a Turbo Express due to the insane power demands so it won’t travel with you much.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I got mine off eBay, it was international from some place, I’d assume Shenzhen.