Neo Geo Pocket Prototypes Pop up at Auction

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I hope he gets it and not some hoarder fuck. I’m more interested in this than full sized Neo at this point. The NGP was cancelled so abruptly, the odds of decent protos existing seem high. Also NGP is flash based so it wasn’t expensive to burn the ROMs.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Yeah let's advertise it even more so someone with more money than brains can actually contribute... for Cifaldi not getting the lot.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
He’s well aware of that possibility and said so in subsequent posts. He’s hoping for so much help he can outbid landed gentry Neo fans. We’ll see.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I didn't mean to cause any damage to the auction, buts as BillyJoelZeta said, they were only alerting people because they think they're going to be outbid & are reaching out for help.
edit: Auction's over, they lost.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I didn't mean to cause any damage to the auction, buts as BillyJoelZeta said, they were only alerting people because they think they're going to be outbid & are reaching out for help.
edit: Auction's over, they lost.
Damn. Hopefully, some of this stuff sees the light of day eventually. I wonder what was hidden in there. Unreleased titles like the NGPC Magician Lord 2 footage has been on youtube for quite some time but I’ve always wanted to try it. Oh well

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I really hope if there are any unreleased titles the winner intends to dump them. Hell at the very least exhibit them for us all to see.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I hope som incomplete games come out of this but probably won’t.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
What kills me is this is only the second time we've seen a proto for Magician lord on the NGPC. The first time it showed up the owner refused to dump it, & now we might have to wait another 20 years for a 3rd copy to show up, if ever. Sad day for the NGPC.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I was going to bid if it stayed around $3000, lol. We see how that went. $14,000 or so. Very likely that they’re lost to time, considering the state of the prototype community regarding notable protos.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Seriously, there are some truly sick mofos who don't want us to play NGPC Magician Lord. Too bad Cifaldi lost the auction. This kinda reminds me of that time where one idiot outbid various people who wanted to release the .ROM of an unreleased Famicom game because we were not worthy (IIRC). It really sucks we are still in this situation when it comes Neo Geo protos :(

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Bought by Billy Pitt so that he can rub them on his cock and brag about it in a NatGeo article

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Leave Bill out of this
cZ0kQTK.jpg

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
When they announced the existence of this shared proposal:
'Finally the Neo Geo Pocket scene is moving in interesting directions too!'.

ySj9DR9.gif

When I found out that despite the money accumulated someone else made a higher bid reaching the 14 thousand dollars:

JY8ZAve.png
VJk90jx.png

CzRBSro.png
ekoxGhu.png