Neo Geo Secret Santa 2014 pics start post 85

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Me either. I don't think my gifts were anything special, but the artwork is pretty epic. Dude hasn't even logged on to the forums in like a week, last time I checked.

I hope your person checks in. That's sorta fucked if they don't post up a thanks.

I know we place certain requirements on entering Secret Santa. Should something be added to the rules requiring that potential participants be "active" members?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I hope your person checks in. That's sorta fucked if they don't post up a thanks.

I know we place certain requirements on entering Secret Santa. Should something be added to the rules requiring that potential participants be "active" members?

Yeah...to me, the entire point of giving a gift is being able to see some receive it and their joy of getting that gift.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Great thread so far! Lots of great gifts being exchanged. :)

I'm kicking myself for not participating but there's always next year. Congrats to all of the participants. :D

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Had just about resigned myself to the fact I wouldn't be seeing anything til after christmas when BOOM knock at the door and santa himself is stood there holding out a parcel! Alright, it was just my fat postman but it might as well have been santa.

And here we have it:

20141224_110941.jpg

Bottle of good quality Canadian Club whisky that I've never had a drink of before - really looking forward to this - exactly what I was hoping for. Also, 3 cubans! Don't know what to say about this, I'd have been over the moon with 1 but three is just awesome. Plus a nice boxed cigar cutter to go at 'em with. Smoky goodness.

Last but not least a quick close up on the custom MS Paint gift card - printed on nice glossy paper - really bit of class.

20141224_113145.jpg

Renmauzo - you are a gentleman and a scholar - I can't thank you enough. Merry Christmas everyone!

noCLip

Camel Slug
Had just about resigned myself to the fact I wouldn't be seeing anything til after christmas when BOOM knock at the door and santa himself is stood there holding out a parcel! Alright, it was just my fat postman but it might as well have been santa.

And here we have it:

View attachment 21541

Bottle of good quality Canadian Club whisky that I've never had a drink of before - really looking forward to this - exactly what I was hoping for. Also, 3 cubans! Don't know what to say about this, I'd have been over the moon with 1 but three is just awesome. Plus a nice boxed cigar cutter to go at 'em with. Smoky goodness.

Last but not least a quick close up on the custom MS Paint gift card - printed on nice glossy paper - really bit of class.

View attachment 21542

Renmauzo - you are a gentleman and a scholar - I can't thank you enough. Merry Christmas everyone!

Awesome stuff. I didn't know you could ship alcohol internationally. Figured customs would take it

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Awesome stuff. I didn't know you could ship alcohol internationally. Figured customs would take it

Yeah no kidding.

Sweet gift though. Digging that Christmas card too.

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
Woohoo! Part two just came in!

2kv9f1w.jpg

mYbYB9c.jpg

MQNNNIM.jpg

sIZtOGn.jpg

Kit Kat's like my favourite chocolate bar ever...and I've always wanted to try out these exotic Kit Kat's. This should be interesting.

JIF04v1.jpg

Thanks again dude! Can't wait to read the Interactive Story Buddy to my daughter. If she could talk, she'd thank you too. :)

EDIT: Forgot to add...I just opened the KitKat bag...omg!

10872796_10152973424574479_3265290247057047014_o.jpg

I wouldn't even know where to start.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member

It was my pleasure stevenk :) I'm really glad you like gifts, and really glad you got the package in time. I was worrying about it all day yesterday, lol.

I did some research on the Canada Post website before hand and found that you can send any alcohol under a litre to the UK, but it's true that jevery country has their own import/export quirks were that kind of thing is concerned.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Hey folks. Quick update.

Jibbs- your person hasn't logged in for a bit. I messaged them and made sure they knew to post at least a thanks when they finally log in again.

Wataru- your gift has yet to arrive. When it shows up your gifted will post about it.

Arbormatt- your gift arrived fine, but your giftee is sock with the flu. Once he gets better he told me he will post in the thread.

Once again, thanks to everyone for participating. I'll make sure to keep dibs on this thread untill everything is all square away.

Merry Xmas!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Wow! I got an awesome gift package including a club nintendo yoshi's story T which I didn't even know existed, a whole bunch of comics, including Silent Hill and SF4, some games, including a strat game for the GBA and Kingdom Hearts, a book about music, and The Last Solider for MVS! Thanks secret santa! You made my christmas!

sfxu08.jpg

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I'm glad you enjoyed the box Beef

You should post a pic of my box art on the other side ;)

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Damn good gifts this year. I think we need to have a Christmas in July to keep the love going here. A year is too long to wait.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Lulz, that's good stuff in and outside that box.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I got my package in from arbormatt! I got a nice Mario statue for the desk, a pristine shape NeoGeo advertisement which I'd like to frame, and a bag full of some of my favorite guitar picks!

Picture to come in an edit.

Thank you DZ for all the hard work you did in setting this up!

Merry Christmas Everyone :-J

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Got my gift from Wataru330 today. Delayed by the holiday shipping frenzy, but 100% worth the wait!

A9PeBoG.jpg

3 awesome PC Engine games and Samurai Spirits 3 for PSX. You are awesome Wataru, I cannot thank you enough! :)

And a close-up view of the artwork

sGxBeeh.jpg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
YEAHHHHHHHH BOYEEEEEE!

Sorry it was tardy; the USPS was slammed for sure.

When one of the tips I received for you, was 'likes import games' I was off to my local mom & pop shop for the goodies. Had a blast digging them up, and SamSpirits because ng.com.

As far as the art work goes-that flying thing = your guess is as good as mine...my 4 yr old daughter assures me there are dinosaurs, penguins, and a Xmas volcano (?!?).

Better late than never. Enjoy!!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Thanks DecepticonZero for taking the time and effort to coordinate this!!! We appreciate it!!! It shows that we're a decent community after all!

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Thanks DecepticonZero for taking the time and effort to coordinate this!!! We appreciate it!!! It shows that we're a decent community after all!

Seconded. Thanks for organizing the SS DZ. Definitely was a lot of fun, can't wait til next years. :)

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

Thirded. Thanks for all the hard work!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'll admit, I always found the Secret Santa / White Elephant thing lame. I hated when we did it at office parties, I hated when my parents would do it with their friends and do the gag gifts. It was like an exercise in tasteless gift buying.

I've stayed out of NG's SS because of it, but I'm sitting here seeing all of these thoughtful and really generous gifts, and I'm just so impressed.

Everyone stepped up, did some truly great stuff, and this is something I want to be a part of next year.

From a Secret Santa Grinch, that's saying a lot.

Awesome stuff... Really, everyone really outdid anything I've ever seen before from a Secret Santa.