Neo Geo X: can we send suggestions somewhere?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Because I think it would be awesome if some of their games got some HD treatment + a few bonus stages, BGMs, and new characters to justify buying their rehashes.

Don't you agree?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Because I think it would be awesome if some of their games got some HD treatment + a few bonus stages, BGMs, and new characters to justify buying their rehashes.

Don't you agree?

seriously dude. you think they will put out new games on this thing, instead of the PS vita, which would get them more profit?

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
According to a guy named Charles Smith on the NGX Facebook page, "The console can only play the 158+ games released for the hardware." Not sure where he got that info, but it would seem that this is just meant to be an emulator for the original Neo Geo games and nothing more. I don't expect any "new" games nor am I entertaining the thought. I really don't fathom that they even have any software programmers on the team. The NGX is just a glorified multi game station like that Sega Genesis 80 games in 1 thingamajig. That being said, I still want it for what it is and would be ecstatic if it turns out to be something more.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
According to a guy named Charles Smith on the NGX Facebook page, "The console can only play the 158+ games released for the hardware." Not sure where he got that info, but it would seem that this is just meant to be an emulator for the original Neo Geo games and nothing more. I don't expect any "new" games nor am I entertaining the thought. I really don't fathom that they even have any software programmers on the team. The NGX is just a glorified multi game station like that Sega Genesis 80 games in 1 thingamajig. That being said, I still want it for what it is and would be ecstatic if it turns out to be something more.

Well, that kind of sucks. The good news is that SS2 is already on it so I won't have to buy anything else.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

That's what I expect. The selling point of this system won't be new games, but the user experience playing the old games. If they can nail the user experience with great controls, then people will enjoy this system enough to warrant the price.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'm just waiting to see what the exclusive titles are going to be.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Hopefully they might just hit some middle ground between what I'm saying and whats likely to happen.

Would it be that hard for them to edit a rom and add some shit here and there?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
No it's not hard. Just look at all the hacks in a multicart.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I have been speaking with one of the guys at Blaze involved with the UK distribution (Jason Cooper)... seems a nice guy and happy to chat so I can forward any thoughts or requests on to him...

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Could you tell him that it would be great to be able to switch the region of the games, because Metal Slug with white blood is realy uncool.
Thank you very much.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I always thought the censored blood looked like water. Really funny actually, kinda added to the whole engrish kitsch SNK is famous for.

War Pig

New Challenger
I just ordered one because I think it's pretty kick ass. Taking NeoGeo titles on the road excites me (NGPC would have been nice if it was backlit). Hell anything NeoGeo excites me :).

Looks like you will be able to buy games individually as well. It comes with what I believe is a preloaded card with 20 games. Also if you order from GameStop you get a bonus game. Ninja Masters and it looks like it's on a card (much like memory cards for digital cameras).

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
The time for sugestions is long gone, it shouldve been sugested they make the device with the correct screen instead of one of the wrong aspect ratio. And i know you can change it, but why would you want either of the choices? Boarders or stretched fat?