Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Yalen

n00b
I'm looking forward to the system. It will be my first Neo Geo!! :drool:

The games probably will look better on an CRT monitor. Sucks that I gave mine away....but they were freaking heavy.

I really don't want to go back to them. Pondering if I should invest in one of these puppies instead:
http://www.solarisjapan.com/products/XRGB%252d3-Upscan-Converter-Unit-Micomsoft-%252d-English-Firmware.html

Looking to use it with my LED TV.

Anyone have any experiences with these XRGB devices? Are they worth the money?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I really want to get pumped about the system. Thing is SNK has been iffy on releasing games anytime they choose a platform. The Wii's Virtual Console has been decent but not stellar. The Neo Geo Station, which I thought was great, trickled out a few releases before it died. That and why is this not getting any press on SNK/Playmore's own site? They have adds for iOS yet not one thing about the Neo Geo X.

I'm going to wait this out and see it if gets some real support before I invest money into it.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
Is it really 'wishful thinking' that Blaze isn't involved with the manufacturing? The packaging itself says 'Designed and Manufactured by Tommo', including the image used on the Blaze Funstock website..and even the UK ones that don't just remove that part altogether.

For anybody that got the Amazon delay email, was their charge date delayed too? I haven't gotten either. Hope they don't charge me on the 6th.

Though for anybody worrying about future support, Bruno gave a pretty telling statement in the Funstock video. "One game per card to my knowledge so far, we'll have more details on that probably in the next month."
Sounds like they have the first releases planned already.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Is it really 'wishful thinking' that Blaze isn't involved with the manufacturing? The packaging itself says 'Designed and Manufactured by Tommo', including the image used on the Blaze Funstock website..and even the UK ones that don't just remove that part altogether.

For anybody that got the Amazon delay email, was their charge date delayed too? I haven't gotten either. Hope they don't charge me on the 6th.

Though for anybody worrying about future support, Bruno gave a pretty telling statement in the Funstock video. "One game per card to my knowledge so far, we'll have more details on that probably in the next month."
Sounds like they have the first releases planned already.

I preordered mine at Gamestop, but picked up an extra stick at Amazon. They charged me immediately, but I think it's because I used gift cards to pay instead of charging it to my card. Probably just a safety thing to make sure they'll have payment. I received an email today from Amazon saying that my stick will now be shipped out on the 18th.

slerch666

updyke,

Unless you use gift cards, Amazon doesn't charge you until something ships, so it won't be charged until then. Which means probably the 18th.

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I apologize if this video has already been posted, but I came across this today:
The emulation looks really good.

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Just ordered mine with additional stick from Tarjay. I would never have probably considered buying this if they hadn't included the docking station and AES stick. Well played Tommo, well played.

Here's hoping for Garou, TSS, LB 1&2 and all the Metal Slugs/SamShos/Fatal Furies/World Heroes.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Just ordered mine with additional stick from Tarjay. I would never have probably considered buying this if they hadn't included the docking station and AES stick. Well played Tommo, well played.

Here's hoping for Garou, TSS, LB 1&2 and all the Metal Slugs/SamShos/Fatal Furies/World Heroes.

Good to know for the people who still want to preorder. Looks like Target is the only place you can still preorder the gold system and stick in the US. :)

It's probably not true, but Traget put this in their description: The NEOGEO X Gold Limited Edition is only available for pre-orders made before 12/6. The NEOGEO X Gold Limited Edition comes with the Ninja Master's NEOGEO X Game Card.

Lynn Kyle

n00b
I got one pre-ordered at EB. Hopefully I'll be able to get it.. but I have so many things coming up. I gotta buy a Christmas tree and all the lights 'n shit, presents for my close ones, my girlfriend wants to go in half on a WiiU as our gifts to each other, etc. I'm gonna see if I can get two $100 gift cards outta my parents so I can snag this thing.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Got my official Amazon delayed till 18th notice this morning...

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
I apologize if this video has already been posted, but I came across this today
The emulation looks really good.

That youtube rip is 360P, if you watch it on Gametrailers you can see it in HD.
Really a shame they had to ruin the best gameplay video with that music, though.

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Really a shame they had to ruin the best gameplay video with that music, though.

Thanks for that info. I also have to say that it seems that Tommo must have bigger plans for this system than they're telling people. They put four shoulder buttons on the system. This seems completely pointless if they're only porting the neo geo aes games.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member

Yeah, I couldn't figure out why they'd use that soundtrack either. Just the music from the various games is totally fine by me. Probably preferred by everyone, for that matter.

8man

Administrator
Yeah, kept selling out and coming back in stock at Amazon. Now, it's out.

I bought 8 of them (and 8 extra controllers).

Going to be a BIG NEO Christmas for family and friends!!
(Bet you thought I was keeping all 8)

8man is playing Santa this year.
Who's been nice? I know Tonk's been real naughty.

I just got the email from Amazon... release date 12-20.

But wait, isn't the end of the world 12-21.

That figures, all this hype over the Neo Geo X,
and before UPS can deliver it, the world will be over.

Heard that the X system will have a 7-year limited warranty.
They would need individual serial numbers.
Wonder what the Limited run will be? 10,000

Can 2-4 portables link together for 2-4 player game play?

Tommo, what about putting a Pico Projector in the back of the "AES" console?
Project NEO on your wall!!

I ordered a couple of these PS Vita carrying cases (black Friday, $17)
http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Pull-Folio-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JTY
The X should fit.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yeah, kept selling out and coming back in stock at Amazon. Now, it's out.

I bought 8 of them (and 8 extra controllers).

Going to be a BIG NEO Christmas for family and friends!!
(Bet you thought I was keeping all 8)

8man is playing Santa this year.
Who's been nice? I know Tonk's been real naughty.

I just got the email from Amazon... release date 12-20.

But wait, isn't the end of the world 12-21.

That figures, all this hype over the Neo Geo X,
and before UPS can deliver it, the world will be over.

Heard that the X system will have a 7-year limited warranty.
They would need individual serial numbers.
Wonder what the Limited run will be? 10,000

Can 2-4 portables link together for 2-4 player game play?

Tommo, what about putting a Pico Projector in the back of the "AES" console?
Project NEO on your wall!!

I ordered a couple of these PS Vita carrying cases (black Friday, $17)
http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Pull-Folio-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JTY
The X should fit.

I'm really tempted to grab another as a gift for a friend of mine too, but I honestly don't know if he'd even want it :\ He hasn't been into the Neo in years. Guess I better decide before Target sells out of preorders.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on November 03, 2012 (Order# x). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition"
Estimated arrival date: December 24, 2012

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account www.amazon.com/youraccount at no additional cost.

Wow! They're not cutting it close to Xmas or anything. I wonder if they switched from UPS to Santa delivery. Hmm..

Last edited:

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
Pretty sure the dock + extra stick is the only way to multiplayer.

Still crossing my fingers for hard cases (and maybe NGPC games!)

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
It's a shame about the continued delays. At this rate, a Christmas delivery doesn't seem likely. They probably would have been better off saying Spring '13; would save a lot of headaches.