Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Now that this thing appears to be a success I'd like a new TG-16 handheld device that also has a slot for the actual games. (A guy can dream can't he?)
I've still got my Express but I'd so buy that if I could.

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
Now that this thing appears to be a success I'd like a new TG-16 handheld device that also has a slot for the actual games. (A guy can dream can't he?)

Amen to that! I would definitely buy one if they made it :D I would love to be able to play Air Zonk and lots of others on the go without wasting a ton of AA batteries in the Express.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you've got some money, steve on PCEFX can do a modern LCD screen replacement and install a lithium ion battery onto a Turboexpress. It's badass, I wish I had the cash to do it myself.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
I'd prefer to have the shoulder buttons to have the ability to map for buttons. As I did on the PSP when mine was hacked, it's just a hell of a lot easier playing certain games when all your fingers are already on each button. That goes for pulling off moves in fighters, and even in games like Metal Slug when you need to jump and shoot or jump and throw grenades at the same time.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Amen to that! I would definitely buy one if they made it :D I would love to be able to play Air Zonk and lots of others on the go without wasting a ton of AA batteries in the Express.

6 AA batteries gone in 20 minutes. If I bring it on a trip my battery stock would be gone in the first hour, which kind of defeats the purpose of being a portable.

6 AA batteries gone in 20 minutes. If I bring it on a trip my battery stock would be gone in the first hour, which kind of defeats the purpose of being a portable.

Hmmmmm - 6 AA in 20 Minutes - I think I understand why they call it the 'Express' :D

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You need better batteries, I get 3-4 hours on mine.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
toysrus.com is running a sale on video games and accessories that is buy 1 get 1 50% off. This works on the Neo Geo X sticks, making two of them $75.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Article here.

"Those waiting to pre-order the NEOGEO X or planning to pick it up in stores may soon be out of luck. Set to debut in a little less than three weeks, the limited edition console has sold out at almost every major retailer. The console is officially out of stock at Amazon and GameStop, while the listing has been removed all together from Toys”R”Us and Walmart. Luckily, the console went back up for pre-order at Target yesterday and a new, available, listing at Best Buy was added today. While it’s not guaranteed either of them will follow-through, those interested in the console should probably lock pre-orders in to avoid dealing with scalpers later on eBay.

Those wanting extra controllers would be keen to snag those as well, as they have also gone out of stock quickly at most retailers.

It’s amazing that a console based on near-twenty-year-old games that some questioned the interest of would sell out weeks ahead of its launch. Proof that retro gaming isn’t dead and the NEOGEO may be more loved than once thought."

vagabond

NEST Puppet
toysrus.com is running a sale on video games and accessories that is buy 1 get 1 50% off. This works on the Neo Geo X sticks, making two of them $75.

Wouldn't you only need one additional stick since the LE has one in the box?

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Wouldn't you only need one additional stick since the LE has one in the box?
Collectors though?

No doubt the preferred order being:
2x NGX Bundles - one to use, one to keep sealed (thus one stick available for play)
2x Sticks - one to use, one to keep sealed (thus another stick available for play!)

In fact, has anyone at all even seen the packaging for the additional stick??

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
...snip...

It's amazing that a console based on near-twenty-year-old games that some questioned the interest of would sell out weeks ahead of its launch. Proof that retro gaming isn't dead and the NEOGEO may be more loved than once thought."

Awesome...

Last edited:

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Collectors though?

No doubt the preferred order being:
2x NGX Bundles - one to use, one to keep sealed (thus one stick available for play)
2x Sticks - one to use, one to keep sealed (thus another stick available for play!)

In fact, has anyone at all even seen the packaging for the additional stick??

It will probably look very similar to this
$(KGrHqF,!nsF!IhT3EifBQSRNrFTTw~~60_57.JPG

I doubt it will deviate from this theme.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Looks like the release date on amazon.co.jp has gone up to 12/31. I ordered it when it was at 12/6 so we'll see. I think it will probably be exactly the same as the US version since on amazon.co.jp it says it's the English version which I think is strange.

slerch666

updyke,

Except you then read the fine print and it very clearly says it doesn't work for preorders. My guess is that it might go through, or it might not. I'd rather just order one and know I'm going to get it than try my luck at 2 and get screwed out of both.

Unless of course I was trying to price jack, in which case I'd order 2 anyway and see what happens, while ordering one for myself elsewhere. ;)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I did order them. Came out to be $80 shipped with tax.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Figured you guys would want to see this...

The first independent review I've seen. From a German retailer. Among other things he's claiming that a 'representative' pitched it to him with,

"The advantage for all emulation is with a particular tool, the stolen NEO GEO ROMS (MVS) can be played on the device using a normal SDCARD. That he gave me as a selling point!"

(It's in German, you'll have to translate with Chrome or something):

http://forum.nexgam.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=1817872#post1817872

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
Figured you guys would want to see this...

The first independent review I've seen. From a German retailer. Among other things he's claiming that a 'representative' pitched it to him with,

"The advantage for all emulation is with a particular tool, the stolen NEO GEO ROMS (MVS) can be played on the device using a normal SDCARD. That he gave me as a selling point!"

(It's in German, you'll have to translate with Chrome or something):

http://forum.nexgam.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=1817872#post1817872

And so it begins...

XtraSmiley

New Challenger
Man that reveiw is TERRIBLE! He said there was massive slow down, graphic glitches and the sound was off. Then he said the handheld seemed to be made of cheap Chinese plastic.

I wonder if this is a real review or if this guys just hates the NGX?

Nerdy

Kabuki Klasher
After reading the review, he is totally a hater of the brand.

3/4 minute load time for the games? hahahahaha

This review is a joke IMO