Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
On their Facebook page, they've been asking people to list what games to release, and for people to "like" the games they want.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Probably not.

Rumor has is it that this is it.

edit: Also, as soon as the current stock is all sold out, no more will be produced.

You know, it's not generally considered a "Rumor" if you just make it up yourself ;-P

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
FunStock commented on your link:
This is the official page: http://twitter.com/neogeoxconsole

I don't do twitter and HATE the changes to FB, so my social networking skills are zero...but this was the reply back to the message I sent to NGX FB.

Last edited:

THX1138

n00b
GOT MY NEW NEO-GEO X

I really like the hand held unit. It feels good and the picture looks great even in widescreen. I think the docking station looks cool but feels cheap and the hdmi out sucks ass. I like the controllers but feel cheap. I thought they did a pretty good job on the packaging.

All in all, I am happy with this system. I am just happy to see them actually release this considering not alot of people are going to buy this when there are better hand held game systems out there.

I would like to see SNK re-relase the NEO-GEO GOLD SYSTEM as it was back in the day but with better video hook ups and the uni-bios installed would be nice. I also re-release all games. Even if it cost $700.00 I would still buy it.

In the mean time my Analogue Walnut CMVS slim will have to do.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Lol, registered today, 1 tweet. Seems legit.

I know, totally awesome.

https://twitter.com/NeoGeoXconsole

Just like all the other "rumors" and hate this thing received when it was first announced. All the way from this is a hoax to whatever hateration it's getting today. Get over it. You don't like it, move on. Go back to the War Room, Unrelated, Chat or whatever other bridge where the trolls live. :D

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Maybe one day the shoe will be on the other foot and the fakers will get their own company and someone tries to fuck up sales for them.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Well, I have some somewhat good news for those of us wanting to play the X on a SDTV. I got one of these HDMI to s-video converters in today, and after playing a little Metal Slug and KOF, I'm pleased to say that it works pretty well!

It doesn't look as good as an actual Neo in s-video by a mile, but it's a huge improvement over the composite video. My main issue is that it's a bit washed out, like the brightness and contrast settings are set too high, but I'll take that trade over being blurry, dark, and red. Also, the unit doesn't have odd flickering like some VGA to svideo scan converters I've used before, but there is some overscan that is off the screen (slightly more than a real Neo, but not enough to matter.) Super happy up in here.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
None that I noticed, but I really just played the first level of Slug and loaded (but didn't play) KOF. I'll play some fighters tonight, if there is lag then I won't be able to pull off KOF combos.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I wonder if the UK version is just the same as the US version but with a different power supply or a pal version, hopefully mine will come tomorrow and test out the picture.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Hell, just play League Bowling...whoever said the lag was so bad that it is unplayable on tv was spot on...

Lee, the US version has the ability to output pal or NTSC, so I would think the PS has to be different.

Last edited:

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
I just got the Neo Geo X delivered from Best Buy. The item shipped in a Tommo shipping box filled with air bags. To my surprise, the system box arrived in immaculate condition.

Just got mine today. Best Buy shipped it in a box and not a trash bag. Not one scratch or ding on the box. :)

Congrats and you're welcome. :P
I spent 2 days talking to everyone from the the shipping center to the Best Buy home office complaining about how shipping these in a garbage bag is a terrible
idea. I finally received an email from them saying they didn't realize they were showing up so damaged and that they've stopped sending the NGX in bags.

I'm still not buying from BB again, but maybe our complaining helped? I guess we'll see if they ship more in bags or not.

Just got mine from Best Buy today and if the complaining helped, it didn't help for long :( Mine came in one of those plasticy shipping bags, just sort of wrapped around it and taped. The box was trashed, though not destroyed. I haven't taken everything out yet, but the contents seem to have survived.

NGX-Wrapping.jpg

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I thought the same thing with mine. When you have it docked you have to turn the power of the dock on to charge it properly. Or use an Android phone charger/micro USB

I'm using phone charger and how long will it take to fully charge the NGX?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Finally got back home today and decided to try out HDMI --> component --> Sony PVM CRT

The picture was much brighter, vivid and crisper... however got a weird double, h-shift thing going on. I actually had to turn the color and contrast down.

I got this same effect when I tried an iPhone component video out cable on this display. Never was able to fix it though. Oh well...

ngx1.jpg

ngx2.jpg

ngx3.jpg

ngx4.jpg

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Stealthlurker: I believe what you are seeing is your 480i monitor trying to interpret a 480p signal. My TV did the same thing, except I only got a double black and white image.

By the way, what kind of camera settings are you using for those screen shots? I've got a decent camera, but I'm too much of a noob photographer to take a decent picture. On the pics I took, the composite video actually looks better than the s-video, and it really, really doesn't in person.