Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Here, let me help you, buddy.

Z'OMG!

A_resized.jpg

B_resized.jpg

U_resized.jpg

S_resized.jpg

E_1_resized.jpg

OF_resized.jpg

P_resized.jpg

O_resized.jpg

W_resized.jpg

E_resized.jpg

R_resized.jpg

...Ban plz....

xROTx

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Its not easy for me to tell who is a mod or not. I know (think) some are from other threads but basically I just think everyone with one of those "Years" blocks is a mod.

I may have moderation powers, but I'll always be a soc.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
lol

New ng.com rule: Abuse of power gets punished with a forced purchase of a shiny new ng-x.

Oh no3z

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I may have moderation powers, but I'll always be a soc.

OK... make it TWo with the "Year Tag"...

btw... your'e a MUCH better mod than these fookers know....

I love you lots....

xROTx

PS. i aint gh3y.... if that's what you're all thinkin....

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
SSS - Do you work for the company that created the Neo Geo X, or is this your supposed video game expertise speaking? Stop trying to win a game that's not even being played. You don't like the system. Fine. Move on and play your games on the platform of your choice. Ultimately, nobody who simply wants to enjoy playing games cares about what some self appointed expert believes. Regardless if you're playing it on the NGX or another system that makes you happy, the games are being played and enjoyed by someone. KOF, Metal Slug, Magician Lord (or whatever Neo Geo title you worship) is being seen and experienced in a way that brings a smile to someone else's face (and perhaps for the first time), and and THAT'S the point. It doesn't always have to impress you specifically.

(SIGH, This is one of the reasons why I so rarely post around here anymore. Seriously, it's a damn toy. Why let it bother you that much?)

Huge rant but I do agree there's a lot of hate flying around!!! I've had MVS, and AES collections...but I don't have the money to fork out anymore. Just loving my NeoGeo X Gold!

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I hear a bunch of whiny bitch noise. People didn't know exactly what it was before it even hit consumer hands? It was always going to be a fancy little emu handset, with a nice HDMI capable dock and an arcade stick.

Things aren't exactly the same as the AES/MVS experience? No shit!?!

The processor in your microwave runs faster than 12mhz these days. And uuuh, it has been doing so for about 10 years now. Technology has moved on. Take the X for what it is, a MAME box with a SNK logo(or a GCW Zero minus a few chips...). They weren't shooting for a next level comeback here. The rights holders took a flying stab at recognizing some revenue through some nostalgic adults.

Play it with your drunk friends and have a good time. Or just send it back and get a refund. Don't slam it because your nerd ass has actually had a real AES since the 90's. 99% of the general population wouldn't know the X from the AES if they played them side by side. Any friend worth their companionship would piss themselves giggling the second you told them you had a Neo Geo anyhow.

The truth is the hardware is very capable. The only limitations this thing faces are software. Once a community forms around it, its on.

Careful with all that jelly, son.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Huge rant but I do agree there's a lot of hate flying around!!! I've had MVS, and AES collections...but I don't have the money to fork out anymore. Just loving my NeoGeo X Gold!

Gotta admit, though, watching folks doing a take-apart of the device and showing some of the possible hacks is always interesting. I don't see myself getting an NGX for myself since I really don't need yet another device in my home to play Neo Geo titles on. Between the carts and the emulators, I most certainly have my share.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
My NeoGeo/Metal Slug gashapon sets have arrived... was thinking (a long shot but), it would be very cool if instead of say a standard clear SD card mini clamshell case like the one below, they formed a case in the shape of a mini AES cart with matching label. Similar to the NeoGeo gashapon set mini AES carts. Then to bump it up a notch yet again, provide a mini AES clamshell where the mini AES cart can rest. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know wishful thinking.

Standard mini clamshell that snugly fits an SD card:

235782436.jpg

Neo Gashapon with mini AES carts

neoGashapon.jpg

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
What I can assure you is that I'll buy every single SD card game they publish, just to tease them to keep publishing more and more (well that's my 2 cents). When all the standard neogeo catalog is gone... what's next? The prototypes! Bwahahaha!!!!!!!!

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
My NeoGeo/Metal Slug gashapon sets have arrived... was thinking (a long shot but), it would be very cool if instead of say a standard clear SD card mini clamshell case like the one below, they formed a case in the shape of a mini AES cart with matching label. Similar to the NeoGeo gashapon set mini AES carts. Then to bump it up a notch yet again, provide a mini AES clamshell where the mini AES cart can rest. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know wishful thinking.

Those are awesome man!
Can you please let me know of a place to order from?
I've been buying these since the original Nintendo History consoles. Thanks

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Sorry don't have a coupon. This is actually the first NCSX purchase I've made in many, many years. I usually go with play-asia because I have coupons there, Yahoo Japan or Ebay.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
This post is regarding the 4 credits per game "issue." I played Magician Lord through to completion and used like 30 continues! Is this supposed to be possible or is my NeoGeoX different in some way from the majority? I have a 370. Any other games have unlimited continues?

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
This post is regarding the 4 credits per game "issue." I played Magician Lord through to completion and used like 30 continues! Is this supposed to be possible or is my NeoGeoX different in some way from the majority? I have a 370. Any other games have unlimited continues?

Magician Lord was given unlimited continues. Think there were a few others, the ones that don't display the credits on the bottom of the screen.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Magician Lord was given unlimited continues. Think there were a few others, the ones that don't display the credits on the bottom of the screen.

Ah, I see. Thanks! Magician Lord is still awesome after all these years. I remember this game was the reason I wanted a Neo when it was first released. Probably a good thing I didn't get it way back then as it would have crushed my soul.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice

235782436.jpg

neoGashapon.jpg

Cool. Friend of mine showed me those Metal Slug ones a few months ago, but I lost track of when they were coming out.

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Why bother with this garbage then?

And sorry, no homo.

I'm in it for the mods. The X is a software/hardware tinkerers wet dream. Comes with linux right out the box, the boards are all clearly marked with big traces, and there is an established community around the OS already. It just begs to be modified. Its a capable little handheld with decent spec's. Plus the OTG capable dock, HDMI and a real arcade stick are nice little features.

People are goona start seeing really cool things done with the X really soon.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
So after Toys R Us screwed me over and canceled my order on the 2 Neo-Geo X sticks back in December when they had the "buy 1 get 1 accessory 50% off deal" and never notified me about it
they made up by sending me a $50 promo code.. So I bought another stick for $7.77 after tax and shipping.

Not a bad deal, but I still hate TRU. :P
Neo-GeoXController777_TRU-vgo.png

slerch666

updyke,
So after Toys R Us screwed me over and canceled my order on the 2 Neo-Geo X sticks back in December when they had the "buy 1 get 1 accessory 50% off deal" and never notified me about it
they made up by sending me a $50 promo code.. So I bought another stick for $7.77 after tax and shipping.

Not a bad deal, but I still hate TRU. :P
Neo-GeoXController777_TRU-vgo.png

That's pretty awesome. They fucked me over, twice, and didn't send me anything. Didn't even slap me in the face with a snotty cock.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Got my second stick from Target two days ago. It's funny, but the ball top on the one bundled with the system is not glued down, but on the separately purchased stick it is.

It's been fun playing the system hooked up to an old Commodore 1084 monitor. I play a little every day after work. Great way to unwind.

I wish someone had told me years ago how much fun Ninja Masters was, I'd've picked it up on MVS a loooong time ago.