Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Quick question in regards to the whole PSX BIOS thing, I'm still waiting on my cable to come in so I can't look for myself (remind me to never order from China again) ...which variant of the BIOS is on there?

slerch666

updyke,
I don't know why you idiots are still supporting a device with a stolen and unlicensed emulator on it (among other things).

If Tommo plans to support this thing anymore, most likely they are working to update it with a licensed (we hope) emulator as so to avoid getting their ass sued off.

Bottom line: They are thieves. Don't support people who steal from the open source community.

Everyone should return their NGX's and get their money back.

I don't mind stealing. Isn't that what the Internet is all about? You don't want to pay for content, pah, fuck it, don't! :kekeke:

I see what you're saying Broken. I bought it, I own it and I can't return it. I hope Tommo puts a proper, non-stolen emu on it. If not, well, I'll live with the crappy emu they gave us and enjoy the 21 games I have.

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
one month that neo geo x was release. where are the games? where are they talking about the future and title of the games?

TOMMO LAUGH IN YOUR FACE!!!

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Quick question in regards to the whole PSX BIOS thing, I'm still waiting on my cable to come in so I can't look for myself (remind me to never order from China again) ...which variant of the BIOS is on there?

scph1001.bin is the only file in the ps emu folder besides the emu itself. I'm not big into psx emulation, so I can only assume thats the bios. Is that the info you need?

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
By the way.. If anyone received a badly damaged box, thanks to places like Bestbuy.com not giving a #&$#@, contact Tommo and tell them you would like a new one instead of having to return it.
If you can provide proof (and don't use my pics because they will know :P )
BestBuyDamagedNeo-GeoX-03.jpg

then register your system on neogeox.com they will send you a new box free of charge.

Last edited:

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
scph1001.bin is the only file in the ps emu folder besides the emu itself. I'm not big into psx emulation, so I can only assume thats the bios. Is that the info you need?

I'm trying to figure out if the packaged BIOS in question is of Sony make or a homebrew BIOS (they do exist.) How big is it's filesize?

So|stice

n00b
I took mine back since the damn power switch broke and it would not work with the base unit 6/10 times. I really think the handheld part is still great for a quick on the go Neo Geo. If they improve on a few things I will snag up the handheld only again.

I got a GP2X that plays all of these games flawlessly.

So with my 200.00 I snagged me a JPN Neo Geo AES 2 controllers and a game, so win win for me since I like to have the real hardware around anyway and I regret selling my US AES collection.

bg1188

n00b
By the way.. If anyone received a badly damaged box, thanks to places like Bestbuy.com not giving a #&$#@, contact Tommo and tell them you would like a new one instead of having to return it.

then register your system on neogeox.com they will send you a new box free of charge.

thats great news! I ordered from best buy and I was worried about the condition it will arrive in. That and I dont trust UPS for shipping anything. My ngx travelled 20 miles in two days?? Wtf?? I can only imagine how they are handling it :(

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Has this been mentioned already?
Holding down A+B+C+D while starting a game brings up the NEO-GEO MEMORY SCREEN. Of course they forgot to insert the card though.
I don't see the logic in leaving out a memory card on a portable system where you might only have short gaming sessions while on the go...

I guess not much of what Tommo has done thus far makes sense either.

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
Has this been mentioned already?
Holding down A+B+C+D while starting a game brings up the NEO-GEO MEMORY SCREEN. Of course they forgot to insert the card though.
I don't see the logic in leaving out a memory card on a portable system where you might only have short gaming sessions while on the go...

I guess not much of what Tommo has done thus far makes sense either.

The NGX site claims they are currently finalising a NGX memory card.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never

At first I thought you meant they would send you a free system.
Although my box isnt cosmetically damaged, both the bottom ends where the flaps are have come unstuck, maybe I will get double sided tape to stick them back down as when I have tried cardboard friendly glue before on other cardboard, it never seems to work.

c0dehunter

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Which hardware revision (BIOS) is the most hack-able? I have two and I am planning to return one, so I need to know which one to keep!
Thanks!

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
At first I thought you meant they would send you a free system.
Although my box isnt cosmetically damaged, both the bottom ends where the flaps are have come unstuck, maybe I will get double sided tape to stick them back down as when I have tried cardboard friendly glue before on other cardboard, it never seems to work.

A free system for a damaged box would be a bad idea on their part. People would be damaging their boxes and claiming they were like that from shipping in order to get free systems.

Tommo uses double stick tape to keep the box flaps to stick. You can also use Elmer's wood glue.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Ninja Masters, control configuration is broken...try setting up a C A B D configuration and it gives you a B C A D layout...

Anyone want to confirm if AES does this as well?

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
TOMMO STOPS PRODUCTION NEO GEO X GOLD IN JAPAN!!!!

bad news, buts i think its normal. who want buy this portable if there not are games to buy? tommo no says nothing about the future of the games and what price they will have.

i do not think this portable will be relase. in 2 months is complety dead.

As was pointed out in the other thread...The "gold" refers to the limited edition pack stuff. Not unexpected thst they would stop manufacture of something that is supposed to be "limited" right?

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
It's a nice idea but the price point is the main issue - but it nothing compared to owning the originals mind you!

Hope it does well and is supported beyond the initial sale...

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
This thread really slowed down.

Here's something sort of related.. (If you think about it...both of these cost $199)
Neo-Geo X $199
Kind Fire HD $199

You can install APK's on the Kindle Fire without rooting it so you lose none of the Kindle functionality.
Here's a quick video of the Kindle playing Metal Slug (w/ blood) :) via Mame4Droid Reloaded on it's beautiful 7" display.

Now I just need to get a Bluetooth controller working 'cause I hate on screen touch controls with a passion!

Last edited:

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
1 month and 12 days the system is released and i still can´t see news about games.
what are they waiting for this stupid people to say something?

slerch666

updyke,
1 month and 12 days the system is released and i still can´t see news about games.
what are they waiting for this stupid people to say something?

They like adding drama to Neo-Geo.com.

My guess is we won't hear anything about new games until the end of February, and then we'll hear about them being released around the time as the stand alone hand held.

Patience is a virtue it seems most gamers don't have.

Rauhwelt

n00b
I remember when I was very excited for this after seeing the price tag. Then it cleared to me, this is just a handheld and not a repro of the original AES. Yeah I skipped it.