Neo Pocket Flash Masta Question

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Does anyone have one? What are your thoughts?

I was looking into it and saw that they no longer sell the Link Masta. Does anyone have this? I ask because I was wondering if you can flash games on normal carts.

Last edited:

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yeah it's all in one now. They were closing out the carts that require the separate programmer months ago before they released the new model.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I bought one a long time ago as well as a bunch of flash carts, do I can put the games I'm slowly translating on them. I wish there was a SD card model, you could have more games, but there isn't too much of an expansive list of games to play, so only being able to add one or two games at a time doesn't matter really.

What were your questions?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Does this have a file browser or can you only put one game on it at a time?

Are there any carts that are really that rare or expensive to justify this other than Cotton?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Faselei! and Rockman B&F are expensive, and SNK vs. Capcom CFC2 has an English patch for a JPN release.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Does this have a file browser or can you only put one game on it at a time?

FROM THE WEBSITE I LINKED said:
The cartridge can accept a single ROM (32megabit or less) or 2 ROMs (16megabit or less). The ROM you wish to run is selectable from a built-in switch.

Reading is hard.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
advantages of the Linkmasta I can see:
- backup and write save games from/to the legit carts you own
- backup the roms from legit carts
- verify roms you downloaded against legit carts
- check for protected blocks and read/write single bytes on legit carts.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
I bought one a long time ago as well as a bunch of flash carts, do I can put the games I'm slowly translating on them. I wish there was a SD card model, you could have more games, but there isn't too much of an expansive list of games to play, so only being able to add one or two games at a time doesn't matter really.

What were your questions?

I wanted to buy the Japanese version of Faselei and load the English rom onto it. I was wondering if this was possible.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I wanted to buy the Japanese version of Faselei and load the English rom onto it. I was wondering if this was possible.
what madman said (no)... but you could buy a Flashmasta and switch out the boards/frontplate... not that it would make much sense.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
what madman said (no)... but you could buy a Flashmasta and switch out the boards/frontplate... not that it would make much sense.

I might still get a flash masta and just do what is intended from it then. I was just hoping that the cradle could reflash carts.