NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It would be a dream come true, if I we could play NTM online like others play Mario Kart 8 for example. But as of now I'm thankful enough for this badass thread of yours ;).

scaboney

n00b
Sorry for my ignorance but is back spin possible on the arcade version? I have the 161-1 cart and was not aware of the back spin. Can anyone educate me or send me a link? Thank you so much in advance!

Scaboney

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Hey scaboney, welcome to NG! Back spin is possible. One pulls back on the joystick at the time of striking the ball. Does that make sense?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
One pulls back on the joystick at the time of striking the ball. Does that make sense?

Precariously close, but ultimately... not quite there. While the striking power meter is moving (0-110%), pulling back your stick will just change your club, which could proof to be fatal. Once you finish striking though, the second meter will come alive (Low/Nice/High values), then, and only then, you pull back or forth your stick, depending on what you had in mind before, i.e. to implement a back or a forward spin respectively. Note: you hold your stick pulled back while pushing the button to stop this second meter &... enjoy the flight. This was your Captain speaking ;).

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Sudo shinji - -6 - south-pacific open - mvs (US console mode via unibios/mvs difficulty) - golfer german - 3 credits
dGT7dUm.jpg

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Well done Shinji, hang in there & thanks for posting here. Next time though, a score chart would be nice, as to give us a more detailed insight into your achievements. I can always post a photo-guide for certain holes then, those, which gave you a hard time.

I'll post my scores here soon enough...

Don't let us wait too long, your Gunlord efforts just whet my appetite for your handicap ;).

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Well done Shinji, hang in there & thanks for posting here. Next time though, a score chart would be nice, as to give us a more detailed insight into your achievements. I can always post a photo-guide for certain holes then, those, which gave you a hard time.

Don't let us wait too long, your Gunlord efforts just whet my appetite for your handicap ;).

Yeh sorry about that I tried to screencap the scorechart but didn't unlock my phone in time. Will try again tonight.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
No need to apologize, no need for stress either -- I was just curious. Had a hard time taking those pics myself. Once you memorize the moment that the score board appears, it'll be walk in the park, tho.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Glad to see all the activity, thanks to our new pal for the entry and welcome to the club! Check out the thread there is tons of good info, also the submissions format in the OP (1st post) to keep things easy.

I'll update the tables soon, also wanted to do a winter invitational KOF style, teams of three and you can set a name for the team, a team banner would be awesome and could earn some bonus under points. Open to ideas so speak up and lets see what we can come up with.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Glad to see all the activity, thanks to our new pal for the entry and welcome to the club! Check out the thread there is tons of good info, also the submissions format in the OP (1st post) to keep things easy.

I'll update the tables soon, also wanted to do a winter invitational KOF style, teams of three and you can set a name for the team, a team banner would be awesome and could earn some bonus under points. Open to ideas so speak up and lets see what we can come up with.

I'm coming out of retirement for this. I'm in.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Shuttlecock And Ball Valves Team

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Awesome, GG. I can't wait to see the banner.

DZ is coming like a storm...

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
People can play head to head online if you want to run tournament style.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh nice...

...I'm starting to fuck around with this fightcade...low end PC...not great for ST but should be ok for NTM so let me know if anyone wants to go for a tour!

Edit: I've been playing Fightcade for a good while playing ST from people all over the place, it's just as bad as PSN HDRemix, what a pity, however it should work well for NTM, maybe...we should try it.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Yeah I can play about five minutes of ST before I want to strangle someone. Don't know why it's so bad, I don't remember GGPO being that unplayable.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, a total disaster but no matter, if NTM plays well I think we might just have a new level of competition for the thread, could be rad. I already got NTM ready to go, if anyone wants to play just LMK and we can arrange it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
WINTER INVITATIONAL TEAM TOURNAMENT

^ @ our new friend: Depends on the place and the hole...some US holes get a lot of wind, sometimes in the teens.

Here's the tables, to keep everyone on the loop.

U.S.A.
Code:
      Name   |   Score  |  Course  |  Golfer  |  Platform  |  Credits

1)oliverclaude | -15 | USA |Shot Maker | AES |0 continues 
 2)bustedstr8 | -12 | USA | German | MVS | 3 Credits
 3)Caplet | -5 | USA | Veteran | MVS | Credits 4
 4)ShootTheCore | -3 | USA | German | MVS | 4 credits 
 4)ElectricGrave | -3 | US | US | MVS | 4 Credits
 5)mjmjr25 | +6 | US | The Architect | MVS | 5 credits 
 6)
 7)
 8)
 9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

JAPAN
Code:

1)Oliverclaude | -19 | Japan | German | AES 1cc
 2)bustedstr8 | -10 | Jpn | German | mvs | 3 cred 
 3)ElectricGrave | -9 | Japan | UK | MVS
 4)Beelzebub | -7 | Japan | German | MVS | Credits 3
 4)Pretty Amy | -7 | Japan | Japan | MVS
 5)Opethian | -6 | Japan | Pip | AES | 3 credits
 6)Giltygear | -4 | Japan | UK | MVS | 4 Credits
 7)ShootTheCore | -3 | Japan | UK | MVS | 3 Credits
 7)Caplet | -3 | Japan | Veteran | MVS | Credits 4
 8)mjmjr25 | 0 (EVEN) | Japan | UK | MVS | 4 credits
 9)unofficialitguy | +2 | Japan Classic | U.K. | MAME 
10)1up | +5 | Japan | UK | MVS
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

GERMANY
Code:

1)bustedstr8 | -19 | Germany | German | MVS | 1CC 
 2)oliverclaude | -18 | Germany | Shot Maker | AES  |  1cc
 3)PSICODROMO | -10 | Germany | German | MVS | 1 Credit
 4)ElectricGrave |  -7  |  Germany  |  UK  |  MVS
 5)Opethian | -4 | Germany | Pip (Technician) | AES
 6)ShootTheCore | 0 | Germany | German | 4 Continues
 7)
 8)
 9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

AUSTRALIA
Code:

1)oliverclaude | -19 | Australia | Shot Maker | AES | 0 continues 
 2)bustedstr8 | -10  |  AUS  |  German  |  MVS  |  3cred
 3)ElectricGrave  |  -7  |  AUS  |  UK  |  MVS  |  3 Credits
 4)ShootTheCore |  -6  |  Australia  |  German  |  MVS  |  3 continues
 5)Pretty Amy |  -5  |  AUS  |  JAP  |  MVS
 6)
 7)
 8)
 9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

image.jpg

SCOTLAND
Code:

1) oliverclaude | -12 | Scotland | Shot Maker | MVS | Credits 2 | CDZ
 2) ShootTheCore | +32 | Scotland | German | CD | 7 credits
 3)
 4)
 5)
 6)
 7)
 8)
 9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

OK...the time is here to start the clubs fellas...WINTER INVITATIONAL TEAM TOURNAMENT...begins here!
Los Turfes Club Winter Invitational Team Tournament Flyer.jpg
Lets's group up, teams of 3...let me see them banners fly...calling on the wind!

As usual the rules are the same as they have been on the OP, so rock on let's add it up.

I will start gathering information to make an statistics chart, I know I've been talking about it a great deal but let's just keep it simple for now, teams of three, make a team name, post your scores and let's go from there. Pics of the score tables will be essential for a future full on Nancy's Report, let's count everything that goes on the score tables to not only get a Team winner but also highlight the most skilled players, biggest plunders, all that good stuff.

Question is...Should we keep it here in this thread or just make a new one, I'd hate to loose the history we got going on here. Great submissions, great info, great talk...anyway...we'll do it anyway.

I also have an idea...maybe we can all donate stuff for the grand prize, nothing crazy though, anything is good, even a keychain, just to make it more enticing to compete I guess, like our own Belated Los Turfes 3 Kings, I dunno, just an idea...anyway, lead by example right? OK so I got this for grabs for the grand prize...

sword-of-vermilion-gen-cover-full-30056.jpg

BAM! RPG lovers rejoice in unison for this...game I know nothing about but it somehow ended in my lap as if from nowhere, so Sword of Vermillion complete in gamers condition, the booklet is pretty ruff, it's not much but it's a start, don't say RPGs never helped a good cause.

With this season it's only fitting to let the meltdowns begin...

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I was doing great and then had a total meltdown in hole 16...aarrgghh!

IMG_4680.PNGIMG_4679.PNG

ElectricGrave | -9 | Japan | UK | MVS

SO, have any of you fellas thought about the invitational?