NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I've randomly watched your channel before. Didn't realize it was someone here. Following now. Very jealous of your hole-in-one.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
It's great seeing this game getting continued love. I've been taking a break from it for a while, but I know I will come back to it soon.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Lowered my Japan PB by 1:

Pretty Amy | -13 | Japan | German | Xbox One (MVS) | 2 Credits

Spoiler:
xoAFT0R.jpg

HLYxF8H.jpg

All of my current PBs:

Pretty Amy | -14 | Australia | German | MVS | 2 Credits
Pretty Amy | -12 | Germany | German | Switch (MVS) | 3 Credits
Pretty Amy | -14 | USA | German | MVS | 2 Credits

Anyone have good formulas for bunkers? I still tend to screw those shots up, although I am pretty decent at avoiding them. From Vectorman0's guide:

B9aryCD.png

Bunker can range from about the same as impact as rough, to needing over three times the power, depending on ball depth.

This is the only other post I can find:

Sand Traps are more complicated, because of additional increments of the ball's delve into the sand. IIRC these are:

The Submarine Level -- Your ball is under the sand level.

The Periscope Level -- The peak of your ball sticks above the sand level.

The Emergence Level -- Approximately half of your ball is above the sand level.

The Surface Level -- The lower tip of your ball is still under the sand level.

The Yellow Submarine -- Your ball's gently lying on the sand, barely touching it.

Now, the Periscope and Emergence levels equal Heavy Rough and Rough scenarios respectively. Submarine is way above Heavy Rough and Yellow Submarine is a bit below Fairway situations, both happen rarely, though. Yet, these calculations are still under development, since I rarely get trapped in a Bunker. (Yeah, I'm so full of pep. Must have had my grande latte enema this morning ;).

Would love to know what % everyone uses for each bunker graphic assuming the German golfer.

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Anyone have good formulas for bunkers? I still tend to screw those shots up, although I am pretty decent at avoiding them. From Vectorman0's guide:

B9aryCD.png

Would love to know what % everyone uses for each bunker graphic assuming the German golfer.

I haven't played in a while, but off the top of my head for Landolt:
Shooting from the top of sand I would hit 1.5x (150%) remaining distance to go as far as needed. Shallow was just under 2x. Medium was about 3x and deep was closer to 3.5x. Also know to avoid using a wood when given the option, because shooting with a wood gives you a worse multiplier and lower net distance than just shooting with an iron.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I like Vectorman's rule of thumb. For me, if it's not on top of the bunker, I've almost always gone with 2x-3x, erring towards 2x.

But I played with a very loose "f- it" style :lolz:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Lowered my Japan PB by 1:

And now down to -14!!

Pretty Amy | -14 | Japan | German | Xbox One (MVS) | 2 Credits

Spoiler:
KU7q7T9.jpg

VAcmlDm.jpg

Not sure if my next project would be improving the -12 in Germany or the -14 in Australia.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
And Germany down by 1:

Pretty Amy | -13 | Germany | German | Xbox One (MVS) | 2 Credits

Spoiler:

xjzUl7r.jpg

W9BfZz6.jpg

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Never imagined that I would get a post a score like this or achieve a 1CC, but here we go!!

oHqc0aQ.jpg

I was too distracted from my celebrations that I forgot to take a photo of the other screen. :D

Current scores:

Pretty Amy | -14 | Australia | German | MVS | 2 Credits
Pretty Amy | -14 | Japan | German | Xbox One (MVS) | 2 Credits
Pretty Amy | -17 | Germany | German | Xbox One (MVS) | 1 Credits
Pretty Amy | -14 | USA | German | MVS | 2 Credits

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Slight improvement to Australia:

Pretty Amy | -15 | Australia | German | MVS | 2 Credits

Spoiler:

bEDwUjw.jpg

QETs5Yo.jpg

Yohanov

n00b
I might join you since I joined the discord community that organize tournaments on fightcade and am practicing a lot.

I can't find the updated records table in the last pages, would someone be kind enough to repost/update them?

Edit : Nevermind I found the last score board posted in page 20. I guess i'l update it myself when I submit a score unless someone else does it before.

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Someone went through the process of figuring out hit percentage stats for each golfer in bad terrain. I only did it for Landolt, but their numbers match mine. I will note that in Landolt's case, the wood club percentages are worse than iron clubs. Woods should only be used on the tee/fairway if you are looking to maximize distance.
I might join you since I joined the discord community that organize tournaments on fightcade and am practicing a lot.

I can't find the updated records table in the last pages, would someone be kind enough to repost/update them?

Edit : Nevermind I found the last score board posted in page 20. I guess i'l update it myself when I submit a score unless someone else does it before.
That would be great! Unfortunately the topic creator left the Forum and that's why there hasn't been updates. :cry:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Here's an interesting Landolt game through the Fujiyama Oriental Club Course, played by an Italian player. What deserves attention is, how this player uses the stance direction arrow, the one pointing straight to be exact, in order to gain perfect aiming towards the flagpole. Up till now, I used the putting figure for more exact aiming, yet, this was unavailable on Par 3 holes and Heavy Rough ball positions. The direction arrow is always available, hence it's the better choice.

Note: Because of possible shifting, you'll have to figure out, if this arrow points exactly towards the flagpole with its head on your monitor. It might be slightly off-center.

This player also doesn't use the hook/slice stance to cancel out crosswind impact. He does this solely through careful opposite direction. A nice alternative method, which could even be the more reliable one.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Here's an interesting Landolt game through the Fujiyama Oriental Club Course, played by an Italian player. What deserves attention is, how this player uses the stance direction arrow, the one pointing straight to be exact, in order to gain perfect aiming towards the flagpole. Up till now, I used the putting figure for more exact aiming, yet, this was unavailable on Par 3 holes and Heavy Rough ball positions. The direction arrow is always available, hence it's the better choice.

Note: Because of possible shifting, you'll have to figure out, if this arrow points exactly towards the flagpole with its head on your monitor. It might be slightly off-center.

This player also doesn't use the hook/slice stance to cancel out crosswind impact. He does this solely through careful opposite direction. A nice alternative method, which could even be the more reliable one.
I do this a lot, it is useful but can be annoying to spectators.

Due to the nature of the arrow sprite being symmetrical, it has two "center" pixels, and it's not as intuitive to find the single pixel as it is with using the character as a reference. With Landolt, I use the "left of center" arrow pixel as dead center. I'm not sure if this applies to other golfers.

Edit: To be more clear, the exact center of the arrow lies between two pixels, so I use the pixel to the left of center.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
And beat my USA score by 2 for a -16!!! That was rough. On the winning game, I got 2 pars in the front nine which made the back nine pretty nerve wracking. I got pretty lucky on which holes had bad wind though, and I also made a really gnarly, long putt that required going up, down, and up again + grain

Spoiler:

0VwYd5s.jpg

kIIg7mZ.jpg

Worst score is now -15 on Japan and Australia. Feels good, man.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
lol, Japan improved by another 2 for a -17.

Spoiler:

4WDhN8N.jpg

MAJGyuV.jpg

I'm terrible and can't get the crazy eagles that some of you pros are getting.

Pretty Amy | -17 | Japan | German | Xbox One (MVS) | 1 Credits
Pretty Amy | -16 | USA | German | Xbox One (MVS) | 1 Credits

At this point, I don't think I can really improve any of these except maybe Australia...? It always feels like an easy course going in, but with the wrong wind on the wrong hole, your ball just loves to fly OB.

EDIT - Double lol, got the -16 on Australia.

Spoiler:

T99OjKH.jpg

PIHHHjk.jpg

As a bonus, my PBs on each course are all 1CCs now.

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member

Spoiler:

4WDhN8N.jpg

MAJGyuV.jpg

At this point, I don't think I can really improve any of these except maybe Australia...? It always feels like an easy course going in, but with the wrong wind on the wrong hole, your ball just loves to fly OB.

Spoiler:

T99OjKH.jpg

PIHHHjk.jpg

Nice scores! I definitely think you can still improve your Australia score, if not all of them. Australia is the easiest course for me using Landolt. It seems like the wind is gentler on average, and the lack of elevation changes makes it so I usually score a stroke or two better than the other courses.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
I hope some pro players of NTM can update the Mizuumi wiki at some point. There's so much nuance to the game and I've found fantastic info to improve my (pathetic) scores, but it's scattered across internet communities. Picked up some good tips from this thread.

Ken7stars

NEST Puppet

Spoiler:

4WDhN8N.jpg

MAJGyuV.jpg

Spoiler:

T99OjKH.jpg

PIHHHjk.jpg

Very good score!
It’s no easy to do -17 in germany and japan

Here’s my entire recording of my best score
-24 in Australia

In my channel there’s also -22 at level 8

This score is the fruit of months of study
There’s no tas and others cheats

I’m writing my book of ntm
And i hope with time to be more constant to do -24
Or who knows -25
It’s difficult
But with time it will become more easy to do eagle or hio with wind force 8 or 10
By learning directions

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
That's just a link to results from a search engine. Do you have a link to the actual video?

Ken7stars

NEST Puppet
That's just a link to results from a search engine. Do you have a link to the actual video?

I hope this will work

If don’t work try with the title:
Neo turf masters -24 italian record in australia - 6 eagles - level 4
The site is dailymotion

I don’t know why, but it’s not displayed with all the search engines
Mistery of the web…