Neo XYX and UniBIOS 3.1

Elder

NEST Puppet
Hi all,

I just got Neo XYX the other day, and it has never been updated. I'm curious if any of you know if it isn't compatible with UniBIOS 3.1 because both my CMVS, and my SuperGun are running that version of the BIOS and both have the exact same problem with this game, where none of the inputs register. So basically I can't coin-in, A, B, C, and D do nothing, etc.

I've sent a request to NG:Dev Team asking if there's been an update, but wanted to know if anyone here had any info.

I don't want to pre-order the reprints to Last Hope and Gunlord if the same thing will happen with those games.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I don't have Neo XYX, but I have Gunlord. With that game, I have to put my UniBIOS into AES mode for the game to work. Otherwise I have the exact same problem that you're describing. I don't think it's even a bug; I think NG:Dev did this for a specific reason.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Ok interesting. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info :D

in MVS mode, NGDev games only receive coins with a physical switch, because they disable the unibios on purpose (so no insert coin with select). ONly exception so far is Razion version 1.1. Try setting your CMVS to free play (DIP switch 7 to ON IIRC) or use it in AES mode.

Regards.