NeoCardMasta, replacement for MV-IC boards

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
NCMkit.jpg

http://neogeofanclub.com/project/neocardmasta/

Probably going to start shipping next week. Need some time to assemble and create custom cables.

Sorry if the site is slow, I need to switch hosting. GoDaddy WordPress hosting sucks.

Also before anyone asks, I really cant combine international shipping with the NCM and a NSM, the envelope wont have much room with the NCM cables and I dont want the memory card damaged. I can combine it on US orders since I use Priority Boxes on NCM orders. Just put a note and I'll send an invoice for both.

Here's a size comparison with the NCM and a regular MV-IC
9EVbt.jpeg

Last edited:

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Glad you have it all up and running for International postage now as well... sent you a PM. :D

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Thanks guys. I'll be assembling everything this weekend and ship orders early next week.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just what I've been waiting for...and ordered! Awesome work NeoTurfMasta. :)

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just got my NeoCardMasta today, thanks NTM! :)

I've been trying to figure out which slot is A and which is B on my 4-slot. I don't want to mess up my Neo or the cardmasta. Unfortunately I can't get a good look at which is which on my actual CMVS and I don't really want to disassemble it either. The pic in this post is the same as my board though. Yet I still don't see where it designates which slot is A and B. Any advice would be welcome.

EDIT: Nevermind I found the MV-4F service manual on HardMVS. It had a diagram of the board which designates which slot is which.

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thats a good idea. I will link the HardMVS page on the site.

Thanks!

No problem. The slots on my 4-slot are opposite of the board you have in your installation PDF. So I'm glad I checked the service manual. I have it all hooked up now and it works great!

Only strange thing is when I have the NCM hooked up and I'm playing my 161-in-1 it won't reset back to the menu while holding player 1 start. I unhooked the NCM and it resets back to the menu just fine. It's not a big deal at all I just figured I would mention it.

Tighe

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I got mine too! I have a MVS 2 cabinet with a MVS 4 board in it, so I have to figure out the best way to mount mine. I went to try standard pcb standoffs, but the holes on the savemasta are too small and the standoffs are too tall of the memory card slot.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Only strange thing is when I have the NCM hooked up and I'm playing my 161-in-1 it won't reset back to the menu while holding player 1 start. I unhooked the NCM and it resets back to the menu just fine. It's not a big deal at all I just figured I would mention it.

That's exactly what my 161 does on my home system with the MVS converter. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I got mine too! I have a MVS 2 cabinet with a MVS 4 board in it, so I have to figure out the best way to mount mine. I went to try standard pcb standoffs, but the holes on the savemasta are too small and the standoffs are too tall of the memory card slot.

Did you ever solve this? I'm going to have to ponder mounting one soon. The only advantage being, I actually have to cut a card slot in my cab, so I guess that gives me a little more leeway.

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
That's exactly what my 161 does on my home system with the MVS converter. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Yeah, Multicarts don't like memory cards. Cant do anything about it but remove it before you try to pick a new game

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ohhhh so if you pull the card that's enough? You don't have to pull the reader? I have to try that on my home cart!!!!!

damadczar

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's some long term lurker status you've got there, my friend.

Yeah, I started this account quite some time ago, when I got a 2-slot neo geo. It had so much water damage though that I eventually had to scrap the cab. Forgot about coming back on here....

Fast forward to now. I just picked up a 6-slot restoration. So I'm getting back active again.