NeoCD SD Loader Help Needed

teuton1711

n00b
Finally got my NEOCD SDLoader (top loader) installed after getting it from Furrtek last year. All I get is the "Card not present" error. The menu and other info does not appear in the About menu option (all zeroes). I have tried different card makes, and .8 and .9 firmware on freshly formatted FAT32 micro SD cards (Samsung and MicroCenter).

Sometimes I get this error message before "Card not present" - error 00-0200-0000 in center of screen and in lower right corner 4EM 00009 UFFFF

Firstly: any advice would be appreciated!!!!

Secondly: what file formats work with it? (most of my stuff is .ccd/.img/.sub etc. or bin/cue.)

Thirdly: Any particular brand of SD card work for anyone?

Fourthly: I did not realize that the CD drive (which I kept) will not work either because it is now tied into the SD Loaders interface. Is this normal?

Fifthly: I have read about wiping the firmware before changing it. Is there a program to actually wipe the fw first, or is it just install the selected .WAD file in teh root and letting the SD Loader do its thing?

Finally: the custom BIOS file that the SD Loader writes to the root of the CD card has zero / zed bytes.

My installer says my cards are the problem because the SD Loader interface appears, but I am not sure after reading what little I can find online.

Cowabunga

n00b
The file formats you'll need are bin/cue, iso/cue. Remember to convert any mp3's that go with it to WAVE format, WMA works too.

Any brand of SD card should work fine. Just grab a high quality one like sandisk and you're off to the races!

About the Loader you ordered, was it the type that preserves the disc drive or not? I believe both mods let's you keep the NeoCD's BIOS, I think it doesn't delete these BIOS just rewrites and customizes. Your console wouldn't boot without them so yes the CD and splash screen are normal.

Not sure why you would need a firmware wiper; I think you just install the latest firmware, delete WAD file after installation and call it a day. You mainly only use the wiper if you think you screwed something up. Nice thing about the wiper is it's risk free. Use as often as you like.

Firmware Wiper Instructions

If the website errors out turn off your firewall always works for me.

I remember the custom BIOS written to the SD card being a little ass puny ass file. So that checks out.

I wouldn't know anything about the last question.

Hope this helps.

Regards.