Neogeo memory card utility

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Was there ever a way to enter the memory card utility at the arcades or just at home on (home console)?

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
Both the home console and the MVS cabs supported the use of memory cards.
memory card.jpg

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Yeah, but I don’t recall being able to access the utility menu at the arcades

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Was there ever a way to enter the memory card utility at the arcades or just at home on (home console)?
The MVS operator could format the card in the hardware test, but you needed a home system to actually view and manage what's on the card.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Actually, there was one sneaky way that you could see what was on your card on the MVS cabinet! And I did it back in the day.

Basically, you have to purposely have your card completely full. As in, it has to have no empty positions left on it for saving. Then, go to the arcade and play a game. Like say Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting and get to at least the second stage. (beat the first CPU fighter) then when your game ends, the continue counter counts down, and you get the game over screen, it will ask you if you want to save. Choose yes, and the screen then changes to your memory card list of games saved and says “memory card full please select which file to delete” or something like that. And you can fiddle around through your files for awhile.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
There's no timer on the save manager screen? That's hilarious.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Actually, there was one sneaky way that you could see what was on your card on the MVS cabinet! And I did it back in the day.

Basically, you have to purposely have your card completely full. As in, it has to have no empty positions left on it for saving. Then, go to the arcade and play a game. Like say Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting and get to at least the second stage. (beat the first CPU fighter) then when your game ends, the continue counter counts down, and you get the game over screen, it will ask you if you want to save. Choose yes, and the screen then changes to your memory card list of games saved and says “memory card full please select which file to delete” or something like that. And you can fiddle around through your files for awhile.
Yeah, thanks. I thought of this after posting. The management of what to delete when full was built-in. I never got to see it until I owned an MVS with enough games