NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
The most recent revision of the NeoSD Pro AES is currently riddled with problems, which can hopefully be resolved via firmware updates. Aside from a couple of Neo-Geo CD issues, I never had any problems with the old NeoSD Pro MVS.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
There are certain Aes consoles that do not play nice with AES pro. There is a specific firmware update that fixes it. It's been a long time and I sold my pro awhile back. I did not have the same issues with the regular NeoSd. Good luck contacting customer support to get this issue fixed.

Did you try removing the pcbs from the cart and plugging them in directly to the console?

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Did you try removing the pcbs from the cart and plugging them in directly to the console?
Essentially, yes. I have found the NeoSD is very sensitive to how it's plugged in. I run it this way so I never have to remove it after it's been inserted just right.

PXL_20240330_001155627.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I mentioned before how the sometimes you need to shave the slots on the spacer (Case) and widen them a little so the pcb contacts make good contact. You would think that after all these years they would've fixed this issue but knowing TO's reputation I doubt it.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, I know the jack is there, I own the MVS and AES one. But let me know if plugging a cable in there works. I never tried it because I remember reading that it's not implemented.

SC-ULTRA

n00b
Yeah, I know the jack is there, I own the MVS and AES one. But let me know if plugging a cable in there works. I never tried it because I remember reading that it's not implemented.
fuck. *edit.* Now that I think about it, Couldnt you test between the two?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
fuck. *edit.* Now that I think about it, Couldnt you test between the two?
Yeah, I guess I can try it, unless anyone else can jump in here with more info.

Essentially, yes. I have found the NeoSD is very sensitive to how it's plugged in. I run it this way so I never have to remove it after it's been inserted just right.

View attachment 73045
This is not good. For my earlier batch AES Pro, I had to request a 3D printed replacement plastic spacer from Yodd. I got it and it works.

The QC issues definitely seem to be a recurring theme with TO. I had been hoping they put this behind them and gotten the cart slot issues figured out.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Remember when TO was popular here? Lol

SC-ULTRA

n00b
Looks like they will be doing a final run on the darksoft mvs cart.

Last edited: